Pacific Quay Musings?

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Couldn’t agree more. We need to be self sufficient with our promoting and coverage. I do not want to surrender or mend bridges that we did not burn. When this war is over, and it will b one day, I want to show the world what they have been up to. Then let the perpetrators acknowledge the consequences.

The world don't watch RTV, something has to give before 'the war' is over.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

The world don't watch RTV, something has to give before 'the war' is over.

They are a snide little rangers hating clique at Pacific Quay CFC. If you think they will ever change then Bill is bang on with his delusional conclusion. 

14 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

They are a snide little rangers hating clique at Pacific Quay CFC. If you think they will ever change then Bill is bang on with his delusional conclusion. 

Some can't help clinging to the past as they fling themselves off a cliff of fantasy.

The younger generation want to hear tactical breakdowns and in-depth reports not shock and awe ta tics to get people irate enough to phone in. With the multitude of coverage nowadays the BBC and the likes of Clyde 1 in Scotland has seen its days

Do agree with other posters the club needs to do a radio broadcast maybe through SoundCloud or the likes

This isn’t just about McLaughlin however. Don’t forget the BBC did that mad men cartoon of mccoist throwing himself out of a window and edited the interview making it appear mccoist was laughing at sectarianism. They filmed our 2012 troubles with Daly and intentionally bleak backdrops of Ibrox crumbling in the wasteland. 

When you bundle it all up the BBC have shown themselves to be anti Rangers. There is a belief inside the BBC that we ‘got away’ with EBT offences and they resent or deny our survival.  This is encouraged or has been encouraged at senior levels above Gordon and his cronies but given changes at the BBC these people (Gordon & co) are now out of control. Any moderating influence which was there has gone. 

RTV should be the springboard for an expanded digital operation. The physical interaction needs worked in as well whether it’s through fan zone or academies. In a global game BBC Scotland takes us nowhere in terms of increasing our fan base until they change their fundamental attitude to Rangers and they will not do that. In fact it might be better if they didn’t mention us at all rather than the deliberate attempts to undermine us. 

Kids don’t engage via the wireless anymore and certainly not through the pathetic offerings of BBC Scotland. Rangers need to find different ways & I haven’t seen or heard of to address the problem. We need to counteract the negativity not support the platform that is soaked in it. I think Jim T was supposed to be part of improved PR but Jurassic Park springs to mind. 

Good read John. The end of your article shows me what its all about. A numbers game. Knowingly influencing those on the periphery of the support - be it lapsed supporters, young fans not yet made it to a match etc. Which runs into the 10,000s. A deliberate attempt at under-mining and chipping away at our fan-base. 

When I am out and about and Rangers are playing I want to know the score. You don't always have access to the internet so I would like to switch on the radio to find out, particularly when I'm driving.