Pacific Quay Musings?

On 31/08/2018 at 21:57, pete said:

What is the fine for not paying your TV licence?  Do they still drive about with detection vans?

I haven't paid for the past twelve years buy your telly in someone's name , they must think my brothers got more tellys  than Currys 

Caught some after match BBC scotland in my kitchen, possibly thru shear masochism. 

One thing that stood out was the lack of interviews with anyone Rangers. I forgot what i was listening to and found myself waiting to hear from Gerrard. It's a huge gaping chasm in their coverage.

Gerrard's words were read back. But woefully misrepresented. His comment on the ref and the match defining goal were fair imho. Laughed at by panel. Dick Gordon later scoffing at "Gerrard blaming ref for defeat". 

McGregor obviously got some attention. I think it was Michael Stewart going off on him. Of course, morelos and other Rangers incidents get aired in his rant. One of the other panel said Ajer coulve left a bit on, was met with "oh i never saw that". The rant then weirdly went on to claiming the euro ran has been an exercise in parking the bus. Very bizarre.

Oh and Willie Miller is a bitter bastard too. 

Sadly we never gave them anything to think about or shut them up. 

2 hours ago, Rick Roberts said:

Caught some after match BBC scotland in my kitchen, possibly thru shear masochism. 

One thing that stood out was the lack of interviews with anyone Rangers. I forgot what i was listening to and found myself waiting to hear from Gerrard. It's a huge gaping chasm in their coverage.

Gerrard's words were read back. But woefully misrepresented. His comment on the ref and the match defining goal were fair imho. Laughed at by panel. Dick Gordon later scoffing at "Gerrard blaming ref for defeat". 

McGregor obviously got some attention. I think it was Michael Stewart going off on him. Of course, morelos and other Rangers incidents get aired in his rant. One of the other panel said Ajer coulve left a bit on, was met with "oh i never saw that". The rant then weirdly went on to claiming the euro ran has been an exercise in parking the bus. Very bizarre.

Did they mention how many times Scottish clubs have come through EL qualifying stages and got to the group stage since the EL format took over from the UEFA Cup ?

This is the 10th year of the EL format and we are the first and only Scottish club to get through EL qualifiers and make the groups*

(* Celtic have ended up in EL groups several times but always after getting KO'd from CL)

There

2 hours ago, Rick Roberts said:

I'm going to refer to my fathers lifetime football mantra but there is only one way to address this and every other thread on here that raises what we feel is an injustice against Rangers. Whether it's the BBC, politicians, Broonie and his scrote like behaviour, their fans, pundits etc. etc. just make sure you win on the pitch, do your talking with your football and bring home the trophies.

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

Did they mention how many times Scottish clubs have come through EL qualifying stages and got to the group stage since the EL format took over from the UEFA Cup ?

This is the 10th year of the EL format and we are the first and only Scottish club to get through EL qualifiers and make the groups*

(* Celtic have ended up in EL groups several times but always after getting KO'd from CL)

No credit or mitigation given in the 20mins i listened to. Aside McGregor stopping it being a cricket score. But then of course, they agreed that the compliance officer should look at him,

3 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

No credit or mitigation given in the 20mins i listened to. Aside McGregor stopping it being a cricket score. But then of course, they agreed that the compliance officer should look at him,

Did they mention if the CO should look at Christie’s dive that got Goldson booked?

5 hours ago, Rick Roberts said:

Given the almost identical nature of incident (including level of force used), the Steven Naismith precedent from a few weeks ago (Hearts v Celtic) should mean there is no case to consider for the CO.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Given the almost identical nature of incident (including level of force used), the Steven Naismith precedent from a few weeks ago (Hearts v Celtic) should mean there is no case to consider for the CO.

You're right but you can't presume anything where Rangers is concerned. I think our goalie may well get a suspension.