Pacific Quay Musings?

There's no point to this. It's just howling at the moon and expecting a reply. We all know the BBC isn't going to change its attitude to Rangers, regardless of what the Rangers Board does. 

What I absolutely don't understand is why you place responsibility for "resolving" this dispute at Rangers' door. Are you trying to say this is all Rangers' fault? Why aren't you appealing to the BBC? Is your inconvenience more pressing than the anti-Rangers discrimination actively peddled by the BBC?

Are you really saying there wasn't somewhere you could have gone to watch the game on TV? There are bears all over the world who get up in the middle of the night and drive miles just to see the Rangers. Suck it up, stop whining.

I'm not blaming anybody. I don't care whose fault it was. I just want to be able to hear Rangers commentary on the British station to which I pay my licence. I probably will complain to the Beeb but it's difficult; everything is passed on and filtered till you give up. On their sports site it stated that the game would be featured on Radio 5 live; there was Formula One on R5. I could subscribe to Sky Sports but why the hell should I when I should get the same service that Keltic fans get.

I don't know why you think the beeb isn't going to change its attitude; the Sportsound team sounded embarrassed as they tried to fill in the gaps that should have been filled in by proper commentary from Ibrox. I am sure they must miss us; we are a big part of their audience.

29 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm not blaming anybody. I don't care whose fault it was. I just want to be able to hear Rangers commentary on the British station to which I pay my licence. I probably will complain to the Beeb but it's difficult; everything is passed on and filtered till you give up. On their sports site it stated that the game would be featured on Radio 5 live; there was Formula One on R5. I could subscribe to Sky Sports but why the hell should I when I should get the same service that Keltic fans get.

I don't know why you think the beeb isn't going to change its attitude; the Sportsound team sounded embarrassed as they tried to fill in the gaps that should have been filled in by proper commentary from Ibrox. I am sure they must miss us; we are a big part of their audience.

Funnily enough Gersnet forum and main site is a brilliant resource that catalogues not only opinion of posters but also articles and podcasts relating to all things Rangers dating back to the sites inception. The most recent podcast dated 11/9/18 hosted by our very own Colin details an exact timeline of events and actions by both the BBC and RIFC. Perhaps a review of the details may alter your opinion on the BBCs self enforced boycott of Rangers. you can find it here. 

23 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Funnily enough Gersnet forum and main site is a brilliant resource that catalogues not only opinion of posters but also articles and podcasts relating to all things Rangers dating back to the sites inception. The most recent podcast dated 11/9/18 hosted by our very own Colin details an exact timeline of events and actions by both the BBC and RIFC. Perhaps a review of the details may alter your opinion on the BBCs self enforced boycott of Rangers. you can find it here. 

Thanks. I will do that. But isn't it odd that the BBC which supports the 'establishment' should be accused of bias against a club which flies the Union flag and contains a portrait of the Queen within its portals?

Seriously, it’s beyond incredible there are still Rangers fans who think you can appeal BBC Scotland’s better nature.... or think this is something the Rangers board can change. What chance is there for us if people continue to inhabit la-la land? Y’know, that cotton wool country where David Murray is still a benevolent custodian, where the RST still stood up for fans, where referees only ever make honest mistakes and where religion is a compassionate force for good in the world. 

We could start up a live chat group on here but the only thing would be the speed of everybody's streams may be different so some would see a goal at a different time. Google hangouts can take up to 10 people. Unless we could use the Gersnet official zoom then you are stuck to 40mins. I have no idea what Skype does I never use it. Sky don't do much Scottish football now it is mostly BT that do it. Sky do have the OF games.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

There's no point to this. It's just howling at the moon and expecting a reply. We all know the BBC isn't going to change its attitude to Rangers, regardless of what the Rangers Board does. 

What I absolutely don't understand is why you place responsibility for "resolving" this dispute at Rangers' door. Are you trying to say this is all Rangers' fault? Why aren't you appealing to the BBC? Is your inconvenience more pressing than the anti-Rangers discrimination actively peddled by the BBC?

Are you really saying there wasn't somewhere you could have gone to watch the game on TV? There are bears all over the world who get up in the middle of the night and drive miles just to see the Rangers. Suck it up, stop whining.

The BBC is funded by the licence fee payers i.e. you and I.

And a result It is supposed to be an impartial broadcaster without allegiances.

However what we can see from the pondlife at BBC PQ is an organisation which works to various agendas. One of those agendas is blatantly anti-Rangers bias. Everyone can see this.

What I object to is having to pay a licence fee to fund theBBC. If they want these agendas then,fine, but get funding from the real commercial world like other broadcasters have to do.

Then see how they get on with much reduced income because viewing(& listening) audiences no longer want to watch/listen to their purile anti-Rangers broadcasts 

4 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Gonna have a bit of a rant now. Those of us (quite a lot) who live abroad (by that I mean England) and don't have Sky Sports, have to rely online on the BBC and its Sportsound. Thanks to the 'disagreement' with Aunty, I had to listen to the first half and follow slow updates without commentary while the studio rabbited on about Keltic's latest failure and played a long interview with Rodgers. If it hadn't been for Ian 1964 sending me a link I would have had to endure more.

Please, Rangers board, end this stand-off now. It seems as if Radio Scotland is all about the Keltic because that's all you hear and this is the result of banning a reporter whom i don't think is there now. Please don't give me all this 'biased' stuff; last night Steven Thompson ex-Ranger was on the panel and they also have Dodds to give an RFC perspective. It is ridiculous that I cannot get commentary on the BRITISH Broadcasting corp. (nothing on Radio 5 live either).

Y' know Sir Alex Fergie once had a long stand-off with some reporters till finally it was resolved.

We are the biggest club in Scotland and still one of the biggest in Britain yet we get as much coverage as Livingstone.

It is no Rangers stand off. A press pass was withdrawn because a bbc reporter lied through his teeth to have a pop at our club. Again. I hope our club change nothing. In fact, this "this is the result if a reporter being banned" crap does us as much harm from within as our detractors do from the outside.

No one is banned, so a wasted, fictional rant that simply feeds the parasites.

And in this internet age I am sure you really do not have to rely on BBC online and Sportsound.

Edited by Dragonfly Trumpeter

I think @alexscottislegend, like me, is angry at Rangers as well as the BBC because both are allowing the current situation to go on with no end in sight which denies Rangers fans a service with Celtic being the primary beneficiary in terms of air time.

Enough is enough. It's only press privileges for crying out loud, the price ordinary fans are paying for the pride of some people in the club is too high.

Edited by DMAA