Pacific Quay Musings?

In Sportsound Podland, Kilmarnock are top of the league.

There was no programme to cover the Rangers game which you could say (politics aside) given they don't have anyone there is to a degree, understandable. There is of course, a pod dedicated to the Hibs v Celtic match. However, the more standard approach would have been not to release a pod until the second game of the day had concluded. Not just any game, but a game that could and did see a change in the leadership of the top flight.

Did the employees and contracted of PQ need to go Xmas shopping yesterday afternoon and couldn't stick around ?

Context is that 'every' single top flight game, eg. Livingston v Hearts on a Friday night or a Dundee v Motherwell on a wet and windy Tuesday night in January get their subsequent PQ podcast coverage.

56 minutes ago, buster. said:

In Sportsound Podland, Kilmarnock are top of the league.

There was no programme to cover the Rangers game which you could say (politics aside) given they don't have anyone there is to a degree, understandable. There is of course, a pod dedicated to the Hibs v Celtic match. However, the more standard approach would have been not to release a pod until the second game of the day had concluded. Not just any game, but a game that could and did see a change in the leadership of the top flight.

Did the employees and contracted of PQ need to go Xmas shopping yesterday afternoon and couldn't stick around ?

Context is that 'every' single top flight game, eg. Livingston v Hearts on a Friday night or a Dundee v Motherwell on a wet and windy Tuesday night in January get their subsequent PQ podcast coverage.

Of course the whole of Scotland were glued to their radio's for the Newcastle Facons v Edinburgh. I guess that is rugby but it is a guess.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Of course the whole of Scotland were glued to their radio's for the Newcastle Facons v Edinburgh. I guess that is rugby but it is a guess.

I can actually understand them covering the rugby instead of a game they decide not to send employees to (the later is less understandable) but I can't understand why they finalise content on a podcast before the days football was complete.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

It is now a case of nobody wanting to lose face and try to repair the damage.

It appears moreso that over at PQ, they decided a few weeks ago that it's time to rip the Colin Nish on a more consistent basis.

Edited by buster.

It was noted yesterday that their commentary had us up 2-0 early in the game ... and I noted it too, watching RTV (they willed Lafferty's goal into the net). You wonder whether that was a con attempt for the BBC chaps to check what they were watching (and it worked, obviously), or simply an error by the RTV guy.

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It was noted yesterday that their commentary had us up 2-0 early in the game ... and I noted it too, watching RTV (they willed Lafferty's goal into the net). You wonder whether that was a con attempt for the BBC chaps to check what they were watching (and it worked, obviously), or simply an error by the RTV guy.

Good shout - I too was very confused by this and noted that the BBC had copied the error. It would be pretty crazy for them to get caught out like that though, given they surely have access to the live feeds for the purposes of putting together highlights.

It WASN'T a case of the BBC copying RTV as far as I could tell though.  The BBC was showing 2-0 from the fourth minute.  RTV didn't start showing the wrong score until the 7th minute.  That suggests that RTV copied the BBC, and not the other way around.  It was bizarre because I would have understood if it had been BBC taking their erroneous feed from RTV.