Pacific Quay Musings?

50 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Not sure if you get one flouncing about Hull docks....:ph34r:

Boatrace, Docks, offering of Blues

Funnily enough I read somewhere this morning that a young Billy Connolly turned down the offer of a bluenose at the shipyards in Glasgow.

9 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Yesterday's Shereen Nanjiani show once again included Angela Haggerty. As stated, she has been introduced under a number of supposed designations over the year, in future she will be known as, 'a Philosopher'.

No shit, Angela announced that she had undertaken a course on Philosophy. The Rene Descartes of Cardonald College extrapolated on her achievement, "philosophy is all about thinking". I feel a new age of enlightenment is upon us.

I think therefore I am will soon transpire into the more Yahoo acceptable, 'I hate, therefore I'm a Bam'. What will become of us all, when Angela starts thinking?

In the name of ****.

This country is well and truly goosed.

Grudging, sneering, and unprofessional.

Beeb Scotland's coverage on Sunday was a shambles. Track side duties were handed to Brian McLaughlin, well he is based in Edinburgh and his prepared excuse didn't matter, the rest had already bailed and he was het. He gave the Rangers team with fifteen minutes to go, it included Ryan Jack. To be fair to the hapless Brian, he was probably just reading it off the BBC Scotland website? A discussion ensued on how Rangers were set up; only for Big Dick to intervene and provide the line-up, which did NOT include Jack. The former Aberdeen player did NOT even feature on the bench.

The game itself had both a sneering and grudging tone. Matt Kennedy is a decent player, a combination of lithe agility and pace. We were dreadful in the first half and Kennedy's loan shift up front exposed failings. He scored a good goal, looking to shoot then cutting in, before putting the ball into the roof of the net with his left. Both Rob McLean and Big Dick described it as, "thunderous"? As the second half wore on, we edged back into it; but the focus remained on tireless Mattie Kennedy. When he was subbed, he was eulogised, man of the match. Oh, rather inconveniently we equalised before Kennedy retired. "It's a decent cross" , Alan Preston offers and a further awkward observation ensues from the same source, "Morelos is unmarked". Our winner is unwelcome, Rob McLean groans and Biscuits Preston reprises, "it's a decent delivery" then offers, Morelos has run across his man, that's a good finish".

The final whistle has Big Dick with adverb lexicon in hand, in thirty seconds he describes the game as, "deeply disappointing" to the Saints, then, "bitterly disappointing", and culminates in, "frustratingly disappointing". Apparently, Rangers won and moved into second place in the Premiership table.

BBC Scotland's website had a match report, Matt Kennedy was man of the match, he scored a ranking of 8.7. Double goal scorer and match winner, Alfredo Morelos scored 6.7. In fact, Saints players were on average 1.5 to 2.0 points above their opposite numbers. 

Sunday evening's Sportscene began with Johnathon Sutherland lamenting Rangers supporters pitch invasion in the wake of Morelos notching the winner. A nice piece of symmetry, it bookended Big Dick apologising for the slightly delayed kick-off because of a flare thrown from the Rangers section of the crowd. Of the course, the Saints fan burning a Rangers scarf was not mentioned, because it's only games at Ibrox that Big Dick promises, "to be right across events".