Pacific Quay Musings?

The fuss the BBC have made over that boy falling over from the slightest contact is a total and utter embarassment. It was no different to countless similar decisions made every week which are forgotten before the final whistle is blown because they are so insignificant.

31 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The fuss the BBC have made over that boy falling over from the slightest contact is a total and utter embarassment. It was no different to countless similar decisions made every week which are forgotten before the final whistle is blown because they are so insignificant.

Did they make any fuss over Kent being bundled off the ball just outside the box and not even getting a free kick ?  No need to answer....

On 27/01/2019 at 15:10, 26th of foot said:

Amasingly, both Guidi and Keevins took the same line on Radio Snyde. Alison McConnell, former Sellik View cub reporter parrots that very same line in today's Sunday Herald.

I noticed this immediately on Snyde 26th. The two of them along with Gordon the host were all over the poor Lenny stuff. IIRC Keevins muddied the waters alluded to TLB resigning as he was too big for the club. All the clubs fault.

I have no time for Guidi either, he is a dinosaur and comes across as a bully if I’m honest. Another one who will do what they are told by Liewell. Snyde has become more slanted and jaundice than ever since it has become a title race. I have no idea how/why Alex Rae works alongside them? Surely he can’t beed the money and he can’t be doing his credibility any good alongside those bitter shower of haters.

27 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Whether Michael's opinions are valid or not on this particular matter, we must remind ourselves that Michael led the revolt against the then successful Hibs boss, John Collins.

I think Craig Levein has Stewart sussed, asking him for advice on either football or politics is a pointless exercise. I remember the Fettes College educated Aidan Smith interviewing him for the Hootsmon a couple of years past. Michael was at pains to paint a picture of Easter Road revolt, that saw him reluctantly accept leadership of a situation. Michael is a rational man, therefore a political man. He included Salmond persuading him to put himself forward as a prospective Parliamentary candidate for the SNP's effort in Edinburgh West. Hhmm, Salmond's powers of persuasion are legitimately up for discussion?

As Steven Thompson says, Michael is right even when he's wrong.

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I think Stewart is on shaky grounds by saying that kids can’t handle “stress”. “Stress” is one of the main killers of men under 30.

It is also quite hypocritical when he says they can’t handle criticism when he is one of the worst for handling any criticism.

46 minutes ago, StuGers said:

I think Stewart is on shaky grounds by saying that kids can’t handle “stress”. “Stress” is one of the main killers of men under 30.

It is also quite hypocritical when he says they can’t handle criticism when he is one of the worst for handling any criticism.

Far be it from me to defend that cretin but he's right in so much as more and more young people don't seem able to  handle stress or criticism. I'm not sure suppressing the fact is a great idea either.