Pacific Quay Musings?

5 hours ago, JohnMc said:

If Radio Scotland continue to refuse to cover Rangers equally they should be forced to allow other stations to provide a coverage

That’s an excellent point. Why should they have a right basically to make sure we’re not covered? Rangers should be trying to get removed from that contract ASAP. 

A fuller report to follow.

Today, I attended a lunch down in Helensburgh with a few old University pals. One of the lads is a Junior football fanatic, never misses a home match at Newlandsfield, home of Pollok. He was invited to a fund raising dinner for Benburb's social club last weekend. I seem to remember Benburb's social club had been seriously damaged in a fire. Anyways, the speakers were DrStu' and Sanjeev Kholi. He described both as turgid; Cosgrove bombed, sat down to a grudging ripple of applause after 15 minutes. Failed to connect with any of his numerous faces. Kholi lasted ten minutes more, receiving similar reaction.

The consensus around the table was school fees must be due.

58 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Sanjeev Kholi can be funny and is actually, believe it or not, quite a decent guy, but I'm not sure Benburb social club is his natural habitat. 

Like most modern Scottish comedians, he's a bit twee for my tastes (I like Jerry Sadowitz and Limmy, for the record).  His comment about why he supports Celtic instead of Rangers proves he is a lying git, regardless of his comedic abilities.  

Tonight, Big Dick announced that Jum Spence had been elected Chancellor of Dundee University.

Actually, Jum was unopposed.

Surely, another Dundonian such as Plug from the Bash Street Kids, Soapy Soutar, or the Bairn from the Broons could have stood? 

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Tonight, Big Dick announced that Jum Spence had been elected Chancellor of Dundee University.

Surely, another Dundonian such as Plug from the Bash Street Kids, Soapy Soutar, or the Bairn from the Broons could have stood? 

Rector, not Chancellor.

I think the modern way is for students to choose he biggest goon they can think of. Plug, Soutar and Bairn would have been wasting their time.

23 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Is Spence a synonym for Desperate Dan?