Pacific Quay Musings?

35 minutes ago, buster. said:

Did anyone watch Sportscene last night ?

Did they go into slow motion detail on the Kilmarnock sending off,....what de say ?

Thanks !

1.45 here it was too late for me.

47 minutes ago, buster. said:

Did anyone watch Sportscene last night ?

Did they go into slow motion detail on the Kilmarnock sending off,....what de say ?

Thanks !

They were fine actually. I think they’ve wearied of the obsession over refereeing decisions like the rest of us. They decided to start positive and talk about Morelos. Then both thought the Brophy incident wasn’t a penalty and Thompson thought it was a red whilst Stewart said he changed his mind and didn’t think it was. 

Due to Clarke’s strong post match comments they commented on sectarianism and Thompson was careful to avoid criticism from the Rangers fans and mentioned this happened at the weekend with Boyd too. Stewart feels strict liability needs to be looked at and unpopular as it is I agree tbh it’s embarassing that so many are chanting that kind of stuff during a football match. 

Also, they had 15 minutes of highlights which is brilliant for anyone who didn’t see the game!

Edited by DMAA

#EditoriallyFair

Powerful and well established lobby group influence in play and what tends to happen ?

What they say and support is much more equal than tuther side of fence.

It's ironic but we are becoming the Palestinians of Glasgow.

Edited by buster.

Editorial Fair?

On BBC Scotland's website, there is a 50 second clip of Killie's red card last evening. Currently, it's their second item and poses the question, "was Kilmarnock keeper Bachmann's red card a joke"? The camera angle is singularly from behind the near post, it's blurred, the offending left arm is furthest away, and does not answer the question posed. 

Last night's Sportscene showed the high angle, a lit graphic cone clearly shows Bachmann raising his arms, cocking the left, before releasing into Kamara's face. I am referring to the clip posted by Ian from Ibrox Chat. 

Why has the Editor of BBC Scotland's website posed a question quoting Clarke's conclusion, "the decision is a joke", and not answered the question by utilising the clip shown on BBC Scotland's Sportscene? 

1 minute ago, 26th of foot said:

Editorial Fair?

On BBC Scotland's website, there is a 50 second clip of Killie's red card last evening. Currently, it's their second item and poses the question, "was Kilmarnock keeper Bachmann's red card a joke"? The camera angle is singularly from behind the near post, it's blurred, the offending left arm is furthest away, and does not answer the question posed. 

Last night's Sportscene showed the high angle, a lit graphic cone clearly shows Bachmann raising his arms, cocking the left, before releasing into Kamara's face. I am referring to the clip posted by Ian from Ibrox Chat. 

Why has the Editor of BBC Scotland's website posed a question quoting Clarke's conclusion, "the decision is a joke", and not answered the question by utilising the clip shown on BBC Scotland's Sportscene? 

I think they are giving us an opportunity to highlight the Editorial Fairness Deficit.

#FollowUp 

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Editorial Fair?

Good question. I actually felt Sportscene and even Michael Stewart were refreshingly balanced for a change last night so it's annoying but predictable that the website has stuck with the anti-Rangers party line.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Good question. I actually felt Sportscene and even Michael Stewart were refreshingly balanced for a change last night so it's annoying but predictable that the website has stuck with the anti-Rangers party line.

Stewart said he didn’t think it was a sending off as he hit him with his lower arm rather than his elbow.

again, that fud doesn’t know the rules. It makes no difference if it was his elbow or his lower arm.

Watched BBC news at lunch time they were able to give a clip of the the song directed at Clarke,even had sing along sub-titles on it then surprise the little gremlin outside giving his views.

If they are not able to film inside themselves they are obviously showing footage from the courtesy of other broadcasters,so maybe Rangers should approach these broadcasters and ask them not to allow BBC to use their footage.

Chance would be a fine thing.

25 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Stewart said he didn’t think it was a sending off as he hit him with his lower arm rather than his elbow.

again, that fud doesn’t know the rules. It makes no difference if it was his elbow or his lower arm.

Stewart does not know his arm from his elbow. Often thought that.