Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

The verdict is in........not guilty!

Thompson and Stewart were unanimous on Sportscene that Scott Brown’s misdemeanour wasn’t a stamp and wasn’t deserving a red. One of the clearest stamps you’ll see all season. Impunity comes to mind. Compare this to their faux outrage at far smaller incidents involving Morelos and it proves double standards and hypocrisy of the highest order. 

Pretty sure they both criticised Morelos for being stupid in the way he tangled with Scott McKenna at Pittodrie.  The circumstances were almost similar, in that Morelos' momemtum took him into Mckenna.  The difference was Alfy tried to avoid stamping his foot down, whereas Brown doesn't.  

Brown "knows what he is doing" and it should have been a booking, yet none were given.  But Morelos is stupid and deserved his red,.. the mental gymnastics and double standards are obvious to anyone who cares to pay attention.  And thats before you consider that Morelos took a kick to the face in retaliation.

23 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Pretty sure they both criticised Morelos for being stupid in the way he tangled with Scott McKenna at Pittodrie.  The circumstances were almost similar, in that Morelos' momemtum took him into Mckenna.  The difference was Alfy tried to avoid stamping his foot down, whereas Brown doesn't.  

Brown "knows what he is doing" and it should have been a booking, yet none were given.  But Morelos is stupid and deserved his red,.. the mental gymnastics and double standards are obvious to anyone who cares to pay attention.  And thats before you consider that Morelos took a kick to the face in retaliation.

The McKenna/Morelos incident is the first thing that came to my mind also. For these mhedia scumbags to have such double standards is not at all surprising. It is easy to point out the utter hypocrisy, far harder to get equal treatment and balance from the authorities. We need a neutral compliance officer (and panelists) who dont read the papers, watch Sportscene, or listen to the radio, to avoid the kind of partial influence that leads us to where we are. Of course we all know this is never going to happen, especially when our club lies down and gets our tummy tickled in the face of such obvious bias instead of going to war.

26th, even by your standards, that was an exceptional effort :clap:

--------------------

The Friday night Sportsound (*link below)  is probably worth a mention.

PQ looked at some of the news and decided to change the usual Friday night line-up (Billy Dodds & sometimes Scott MacDonald) and bring in their heavy political hitter, Michael Stewart. A vigorous defence of Scott Brown was required and Stewart provided it in such a way that he may get another gig on the Celtic PLC legal team for the upcoming hearing on Brown.

The jaw-dropping and unchallenged lack of balance that Stewart preaches is of a perverse level for a public broadcaster and is more what you'd expect from a Celtic in house TV channel. It's as if a very public campaign was mounted with the banner reading 'Scott Brown is Innocent'.

Despite the perceived injustice of Brown being cited post OF game being the programmes main issue,....they never even mentioned (on the podcast version) the fact that he had just got away with another one after not being cited for a stamp in the St.Mirren fixture. I wondered if this news had come too late to mention it and checked to see if Clyde Superscoreboard had covered it. Clyde mentioned it at the top of the show (ie. more or less the same time that Sportsound begins).

Had Alfredo Morelos done what Scott Brown did last weekend and against St.Mirren, there is no doubt whatsoever that Sportsound would have provided an unbalanced and unchallenged case for the prosecution, followed by open mouthed and loud condemnation at getting away with another stamp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p075p24p

Edited by buster.

55 minutes ago, buster. said:

Had Alfredo Morelos done what Scott Brown did last weekend and against St.Mirren, there is no doubt whatsoever that Sportsound would have provided an unbalanced and unchallenged case for the prosecution, followed by open mouthed and loud condemnation at getting away with another stamp.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories at all (or one of the big defenders of Morelos), but this is what drives me mad. If you asked anyone in society outside of football (and Scotland preferably) to review the footage of some of the Morelos incidents and this one they would never believe which one was penalised and which wasn’t.

Edited by DMAA

It is a known fact that from the 2nd World War onwards, achieving and keeping the air superiority will win you nigh all battles and the war as such. Here, it ain't a war of weapons, but a war of words. Or, to put it in the right context, propaganda. Ever since the early 2000s the Yahoos and the Yahoo-minded have taken over the right positions within the authorities and media and it has become a full blown propaganda war, biased, not impartial, but utterly relentless. It may sound like paranoia, but paranoia is based on imagined things. We do not imagine what is happening to us though, or, what is NOT happening to them.

People may point out that Korea and Vietnam did not succumb to the air superiority of the US. I would say that these are exceptions to the rule and I for one do not want us to fight some long guerilla war against a mhedia onslaught that swings from inquisition to propaganda and back.

I know I shouldn’t have done it but I did. When I learned Rangers were ahead by two goals at halftime I switched on RS to hear if they were suffering. Gordon was yapping that if Rangers held on they would emulate Aberdeen and Kilmarnock yesterday and maintain the points gap. But after the split celtic would get he victory they need to secure the title. At which point I left.