Pacific Quay Musings?

I was busy yesterday so I watched most of the game but also had to listen to the game via BBC Scotland whilst in the car doing errands. Willie Miller was keen to promote the narrative of "Will Stevie G be happy with how slow Rangers have been?" Eh? Little did he mention the time wasting, fouls and general niggly play from Aberdeen to deliberately slow the game down to their level. They were bloody awful

Sportsound Podcast from Monday night show

Last week they simply omitted to talk about our win in Edinburgh and the new approach from SG&Co.

This week

Our performance level : not mentioned

Two penalty decisions : Main focus

Incorrect Offside : not mentioned

#editorial_Joke

@26th of foot puts himself through the torture of watching/listening to that nonsense so we don't have to.  I really appreciate those who take the time to watch and then record the level of bias against our club, but at what point do we just stop?  Given all the available and reliable online materials relating to our club, why put yourself through the suffering?  I appreciate some of us pay our licence fee and deserve better, but the BBC does offer a program like Line of Duty so I don't get too upset about the value I receive. ?

Our own little localised cancerous and insular sub division (BBC Scotland) is an irrelevance to me and that feeling is shared with thousands of others these days.  The current crop of youngsters don't recognise the BBC as being of any significance and it'll die off fairly soon.  The younger generation will have no need for it and it'll become a key political topic soon.  Then it'll require alternative funding, and it'll subsequently die off thankfully.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Sportsound Podcast from Monday night show

Last week they simply omitted to talk about our win in Edinburgh and the new approach from SG&Co.

This week

Our performance level : not mentioned

Two penalty decisions : Main focus

Incorrect Offside : not mentioned

#editorial_Joke

I am not buying the offside decision. every linesman in the world would have given it. If we are basing their bias on that decision then it is a very thin case.

3 hours ago, pete said:

I am not buying the offside decision. every linesman in the world would have given it. If we are basing their bias on that decision then it is a very thin case.

Fair enough Pete but that isn't really the point  (perhaps I should have used debatable offside).

The point being they didn't even mention it. In this case, a decision that determines goal or no goal opposed to what they did talk about, which was two penalties.

To be complete they did harp on about second yellow (red) to Considine, apparently it wasn't....

and Defoe's clash with Keeper which surprisingly Mr.Bio Mechanic judged not to be worthy of a citacion.

Given that a rumour I heard on ra grapevine alleged that Claire Whyte was actually Michael Stewart in drag :eek2:;)3, that probably means JD is ok for the Hibs game, hamstring permitting.

Edited by buster.

22 hours ago, pete said:

But it was a decision that was clearly wrong? If it was the other way round, and Aberdeen had scored, do you think it would have received the lack of interest.

... that, and methinks in the first half Ball also was hit by the ball on the arm in the area, which I have seen given. Interestzing to ee how often the SPFL repeats certain incidents, the missed chance by Defoe 1.20 mins in for example, where you see that the ball comes off an Aberdeen player rather early.

BTW, while they miss out on certain things, the SPFL highlights usually are rather balanced, perhaps pending on the editor of the day.

I hope the consensus at Parkhead is that Lennon has improved Celtic - I hope they keep him as I believe SG will have his number next year if it is Lennon vs Gerrard in the dugout.