Pacific Quay Musings?

Their programme is scheduled to go on to 6pm (UKtime) today, which would give them the time for a word with Paul Heckingbottom, if they wanted and the manager was willing.

Sportsound FM goes until 1700

MW takes over from 1700 to 1800

O'Heck provided PQ with a controversial soundbite about the officials last week, so either way (Hibs win or defeat), I'm sure they'll try.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Their programme is scheduled to go on to 6pm (UKtime) today, which would give them the time for a word with Paul Heckingbottom, if they wanted and the manager was willing.

Sportsound FM goes until 1700

MW takes over from 1700 to 1800

O'Heck provided PQ with a controversial soundbite about the officials last week, so either way (Hibs win or defeat), I'm sure they'll try.

It will be a telephone interview

On 03/05/2019 at 11:40, stewarty said:

I tried to watch the first episode but I largely found it dull and I had severe lack of interest in a lot of the discussion.  I think this reflects my attitude towards Scottish football in general, lamentably.   But then, when I think back, I havent watched a full 90 minutes of any match except ours for several years now.  

With you on that one. It’s utter dross. Content is pysh and whole set up lacks authenticity. The audience they are trying to appeal to won’t watch that. They will be on their computers. You would have to be virtually brain dead to tune into twice. 

For the record, the Sunday Sportsound podcast didn't even mention that Rangers were playing Hibs, never mind providing the score, report, etc.

Editorial cut and run before FT ? 

First time I can remember that happening.

They did manage to talk about the race for 3rd place between Aberdeen and Kilmarnock for a while without mentioning that the previous race for 2nd place had been won by Rangers by a double digit point count (currently 14 points). 

Monday Sportsound prediction

- Very brief mention of Rangers 5 wins IAR / convincing second place

- Much more time spent on the McGregor red card / continuing discipline issues / unconvincing last half hour

- Will start the 'Will Morelos get a red card on Sunday' feature

- Above won't last long as the programme will mostly be about Celtic 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

For the record, the Sunday Sportsound podcast didn't even mention that Rangers were playing Hibs, never mind providing the score, report, etc.

They did manage to talk about the race for 3rd place between Aberdeen and Kilmarnock for a while without mentioning that the previous race for 2nd place had been won by Rangers by a double digit point count (currently 14 points). 

- Much more time spent on the McGregor red card / continuing discipline issues / unconvincing last half hour

To be fair the McGregor incident was the biggest talking point. I would say it was even the longest talked about subject on the Gersnet Podcast too. 90% of the game was a nonentity.

9 minutes ago, pete said:

To be fair the McGregor incident was the biggest talking point. I would say it was even the longest talked about subject on the Gersnet Podcast too. 90% of the game was a nonentity.

To a degree, fair enough but what I don't think editorially consistent at PQ is to suddenly forget about the race for second, how convincingly it has been won and pass it off as if it were never a thing via the now repeated tactic of ,...just ignore it.

Or for that matter, not to even mention our game played the same day.

Edited by buster.

The more informed Gersnetters(most of you) have PM'd to inform me John Rankin is currently at Clyde.

I can only assume it was the hordes of Rangers supporters in the Palmerston dressing room that drove him out. Probably fed up with the amount of pysh he spouts?

On 06/05/2019 at 08:13, buster. said:

Podcast from Monday night continued the relatively new 'Ignore' tactic regards Rangers winning games and now being a strong second place (14 points ahead of 3rd).

They did give serious time to talking about McGregor's red card and slipped in the name of Morelos in relation to bad discipline.

Fair enough, to feature the McGregor red, but not to completely ignore that we've achieved to put so much distance between us and 3rd place.

Last week it was focus on the two penalty decisions and not mention the performance/increasing gap.

Two weeks ago it was just completely ignore our result and performance.

#Pattern

You contrast that with the coverage of 'the race for second place' when Aberdeen and Kilmarnock were in touch and the delight they took in inferring that Aberdeen's four 2nd places was a new natural order of sorts. It's as if they've pulled the last episode of a mini-series and just forgot about it.

But they did find time to pose the tabloid question of whether we give Celtic a guard of honour. 

#EditoriallyTakingthePish

They also featured Steve Clarke and his MOTY award, fair enough.

When mentioning his lack of Cup success, they said that Celtic had won the two trophies and didn't mention Alfredo Morelos with two hat-tricks* and that Rangers had put them out of both competitions. Strange, given how keen they are to bring up the fact that Aberdeen put us out of the Cup competitions #EditoriallyInconsistent 

To be editorially fair myself, I have to say the programme gave a surprisingly short feature on Celtic.

* it was actually two x 4 goal haules, with the first having a wrongly disallowed goal (No prizes for guessing what PQ said or didn't say about it back in the day). 

For PQ, it's not Alfredos goal stats they are interested in.