Pacific Quay Musings?

Will PQ use it's various programmes today to highlight the lack of reaction from Celtic FC to the growing momentum that is ever more damming in detail, that rips up the club's 'nowt to do with us Guv' stance ?

My bet (shorter odds than City to win the Cup) is that PQ will adopt the 'nowt to do with the fitbaw but we will talk a lot about the Celtic statement on Flanagan line'

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Will PQ use it's various programmes today to highlight the lack of reaction from Celtic FC to the growing momentum that is ever more damming in detail, that rips up the club's 'nowt to do with us Guv' stance ?

My bet (shorter odds than City to win the Cup) is that PQ will adopt the 'nowt to do with the fitbaw but we will talk a lot about the Celtic statement on Flanagan line'

The BBC have their own skeletons in this particular cupboard. They ignored Saville and the rest of them for years despite strong suspicions. 

16 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

The BBC have their own skeletons in this particular cupboard. They ignored Saville and the rest of them for years despite strong suspicions. 

Yes, but as far as this thread is concerned, it's about BBC Scotland and how it is reporting/reacting to ongoing events in and around the Celtic Boys Club abuse scandal.

We'll have to see how things develop but the question that emerges is would PQ deliberately slant coverage (or lack of) to favour one side of the compensation claim case that victims have made on Celtic FC ?  And beyond that, is it part of an ongoing editorial imbalance that permeates throughout the organisation ?

This issue in particular is more about the News programmes than Sportsound.

Edited by buster.

On 18/05/2019 at 11:26, buster. said:

We'll have to see how things develop but the question that emerges is would PQ deliberately slant coverage (or lack of) to favour one side of the compensation claim case that victims have made on Celtic FC ?  And beyond that, is it part of an ongoing editorial imbalance that permeates throughout the organisation ?

Great point made Buster ? 

On 18/05/2019 at 12:26, buster. said:

Yes, but as far as this thread is concerned, it's about BBC Scotland and how it is reporting/reacting to ongoing events in and around the Celtic Boys Club abuse scandal.

This issue in particular is more about the News programmes than Sportsound.

I think we’re probably on the same wavelength here Buster. However I am not aware of a compensation claim case that has been made. I’m aware of threats to take them to court but those are early positioning statements from P Maguire, Celtic refuse to open a dialogue and no court papers exist. Nothing is happening in a formal legal compensation case therefore BBC have not actually got much to report on regarding a compensation claim. They would point to their Daly work in demonstrating they were generally taking the whole business seriously. Of course Daly could do a lot more now given all the stuff crawling out the woodwork. Even Celtic admit they held an inquiry into the Boys Club but no one such as the BBC have asked to see their papers. 

It’s very clear BBC Scotland is not applying as much airtime or other media output to this scandal as would be expected and perhaps there are complaints to be raised there but it’s hard to see what the case would be ie specifically what part of the BBC Charter would they be falling foul of.  

Whether they are deliberately editing in favour of either pre trial compensation position is hard to prove and I would suggest would be a lot of effort in vain and I’m not clear how you would prove the point. Without a whistleblower it’s virtually impossible to validate. A complaint of that nature would be easy to rebut at this stage imo unless you have very clear wordings in output from the BBC (or a whistleblower). 

9 hours ago, Walterbear said:

I think we’re probably on the same wavelength here Buster. However I am not aware of a compensation claim case that has been made. I’m aware of threats to take them to court but those are early positioning statements from P Maguire, Celtic refuse to open a dialogue and no court papers exist. Nothing is happening in a formal legal compensation case therefore BBC have not actually got much to report on regarding a compensation claim. They would point to their Daly work in demonstrating they were generally taking the whole business seriously. Of course Daly could do a lot more now given all the stuff crawling out the woodwork. Even Celtic admit they held an inquiry into the Boys Club but no one such as the BBC have asked to see their papers. 

It’s very clear BBC Scotland is not applying as much airtime or other media output to this scandal as would be expected and perhaps there are complaints to be raised there but it’s hard to see what the case would be ie specifically what part of the BBC Charter would they be falling foul of.  

Whether they are deliberately editing in favour of either pre trial compensation position is hard to prove and I would suggest would be a lot of effort in vain and I’m not clear how you would prove the point. Without a whistleblower it’s virtually impossible to validate. A complaint of that nature would be easy to rebut at this stage imo unless you have very clear wordings in output from the BBC (or a whistleblower). 

Thank's WB !

I thought there had been early moves made by the lawyer representing the victims but if not then I understand what you are saying.

As I remain in France, Cordes sur Ciel to be exact; and as such do not have access to BBC Scotland's highlights, how has Mikey Stewart reacted to Edouard's dive to win a penalty? A solid Jambo is Mikey, or will he allow his seething hatred of Craig Levein to 'cloud' his judgement?

There must be at least ten differing camera angles?