Pacific Quay Musings?

I can’t get exercised about goal celebrations but that doesn’t detract from the theme and message of 26th’s post.

Actually I do get exercised about players’  goal celebrations. All right for wee lassies but not for grown men.

9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I can’t get exercised about goal celebrations but that doesn’t detract from the theme and message of 26th’s post.

Actually I do get exercised about players’  goal celebrations. All right for wee lassies but not for grown men.

Scott,

As time progressed after Cuthbert's celebration, I got quite exercised by the continuing lack of comment. You can see PQ's problem, however they frame it, it is a Rangers positive. Erin says warm and fuzzy things about her childhood, her relationship with her father, and the backdrop is Rangers at a time of club turmoil. Remember, DrStu' was at pains during the same period to tell us that Rangers would make it back to the Premiership, but would play most games in front of 8,,000 fans. The rational being the vast majority of Bears are attracted by a SUCCESSFUL Rangers. Further, he knew Rangers supporters who had been season ticket holders and no longer attended because Rangers are a different club.

The girl in the picture is a problem for PQ and in the spirit of Espanyolification, is ignored.

Similarly, earlier this week, Rangers released record season ticket sales, in excess of 47,500. BBC Scotland's football website, Ceefax, TV and Radio broadcasts, ..................... etc; there is no mention. Only last month, all those means were telling us Scottish football was on the up reference attendances. we were reminded Hibs sold record numbers of season tickets last season, Killie have done similar this close season, Hearts are .... Again, Rangers popularity runs against the pervading narrative, thus ignored.

Hence, they separated the girl in the picture from the girl holding the picture.

You are absolutely right, 26th. Your argument is 100% solid. No dispute.

I confused things by doddering off into a curmudgeon’s dislike of players over celebrating the scoring of a goal. It’s the fans’ job to do that..

BBC Scotland is dreadful. All Glesca wide boys (of both genders) and dreamy hielan’men.

Should I have said “all” instead of “both”)?

8 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I thought DrStu' would be consistant, he had lionised two Kosovans playing for Switzerland two years past, because of their goal celebrations.

Another indication of what a twat he is.  

21 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

The girl holding the photograph received both coverage and acclaim, the girl in the photograph was deliberately ignored. The girl holding is a somewhat acceptable Scot, the girl in, is awkward and inconvenient. It was an exercise in dehumanisation, Rangers supporters do not dream.   

Poetry at it's best. Simply brilliant.