Pacific Quay Musings?

"it has to be said".

Above is the phrase Jonathon Sutherland uses on Sportscene as a preamble to accusations against Rangers supporters. Yesterday's match at Kilmarnock has been BBC Scotland's main news item today, even surpassing claims by a Trade Unionist that the new Edinburgh Sick Kids hospital might be partly torn down, before opening. I have no doubt the BBC Scotland newsroom will blame Rangers supporters for problems in the £150 million hospital's ventilation and drainage as soon as a Sub-Editor can write, 'shoddy H-u-n workers attempt to asphyxiate and drown sick kids'? The lunch time bulletin reported Police Scotland have made four arrests.

The Justice System has set it's wheels in motion and that's how it should be. I hope the wheelchair bound supporters inside the destroyed shelter have given the necessary statements. Sub Judice prevents me from saying more at this time.

Last week, in all pre-season discussions the PQ Gang Hut to a man chorused, 'all the pressure is on Rangers'. Trial by Sportscene served up a spoonful or two of pressure, then the newsroom sent a camera crew and interviewer to the wilds of Ayrshire to deliver pressure and two veg'. The turnip for the books was Killie's Chief Executive, Phyllis McLeish. A clearly anxious Phyllis was dry swallowing as she looked down the camera, it appeared Auntie Beeb was running interference on her Prosecco time? However, Phyllis delivered, she blamed Rangers players for crowd disruption, "they were all running towards the Rangers support", after notching a ninetieth minute winner. Further, none of this was Killie's fault, "Kilmarnock FC cannot be blamed". BBC Scotland did not inform the viewers whether they had approached Rangers?

Well, I don't know. Are Rangers players allowed to celebrate last minute winners? We know that Rangers players are not allowed to celebrate mid second half winners, Andy Halliday was red carded for pumping his fist in the middle of the Cappielow centre circle. You see, if Rangers players are allowed to celebrate last minute clinchers, then the BBC manufactured pressure cooker must be removed from the hob. At the end of May, Killie defeated Rangers with a 93rd minute penalty. Brophy slotted it home and wheeled away to the corner of the Main and Moffat Stands, where the Killie fans were wildly celebrating. February this year, Scott Brown scored a 90th minute winner at Rugby Park in front of ra Sellik supporters in the Chadwick. He jumped the hordings and embraced several of the dozens of pitch invading Bhoys. Trial by Sportscene cleared these actions, emotional game, adrenaline fueled, ..... etc.

It has to be said - Killie defeated Rangers in the first game after the winter break. The Chief Executive, Phyllis McLeish celebrated inappropriately. The wife of Alan, owner of Killie's main sponsor, the QTS group; was stopped by the police and breathalysed. She was twice the legal limit. The pressure is on BBC Scotland to explain their grim determination to elevate a sports item to top of their news agenda. Particularly, when similar last minute winners that have inspired pitch invasions have not made it on to general news, let alone top item. It has to be said.

"it has to be said".

I was watching BBC Scotland's evening news and they showed Aberdeen's third and winning goal against Hearts at Pittodrie yesterday. It's a fine flowing move that sees the ball delivered across the Hearts box, new signing Ryan Hedges appears from nowhere and slams the ball high into the net. It's a winner with three minutes left on the clock, Hedges runs straight to the Dick Donald stand and embraces two Dandy Dons fans at the retaining wall. One of the Dandies is carrying an eighteen month old child in his arms, the child is smiling. Then,  Andrew Considine jumps on to Hedges back and his torso covers the entire child. Other fans and players join in and a rolling ruck is in motion as the footage is guillotined.

I believe Hedges was booked for his actions, but what happened to that child?

You didn't mention this on Sportscene last night Jonathon, you were too busy gushing at the goal machine, Sam Cosgrove. Since goal celebrations are a la mode, was this a responsible action Jonathon? It has to be said.

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

Thing is there's similar footage floating about of Rangers fans doing the exact same at Pittodrie.

I wish people would realise there is no moral high ground on this issue it affects all wheelchair fans irrespective of what colour scarf they wear.

Forlanssister,

In total agreement.

1. It should all be reported.

2. They should all face the consequences, lives are being endangered.

9 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Thing is there's similar footage floating about of Rangers fans doing the exact same at Pittodrie.

I wish people would realise there is no moral high ground on this issue it affects all wheelchair fans irrespective of what colour scarf they wear.

100% agree, it's only when Rangers fans do it there is total uproar. All clubs & SFA should be doing more for disabled fans.

I'd like to see us target one Sportscene person, such as Michael Stewart, and make every effort to draw attention to their  lack of professionalism, their outright bias against Rangers. Banners, songs, phone-ins, letters, posters, social media gifs, twitter memes, etc etc - full on non-stop attack and character assassination, total ridicule. Then we might see how these bastards like a taste of their own medicine. They attack Rangers with absolute impunity and that needs to stop. There has to be a price to pay.