Pacific Quay Musings?

44 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It is a lovely pass and a well taken goal, no mistake. But sadly it doesn't count for much if the opposition stick 6 goals past you in reply.

Can you see what I've done there? It's called balanced journalism.

Any chance you might offer us some anytime soon BBC Scotland?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

This season, Dowden has traveled with Pat Bonner to Sarajevo, Estonia, and Romania. If Sellik survive to the CL group stages, the budget will be increased to facilitate Dowden, Bonner, and Tom English. There are already voices inside PQ noting the continuing rise in the Irish colony. I think we should hear voices from all over the British Isles, but it's becoming noted there is a distinct lack of Welsh, and English regional accents being broadcast.

I have heard there was seething rage at last week's Rangers supporting blogger pulling out, claiming he was duped. It reminds me of a dozen years past with the RST's David Edgar. An arranged tete-a-tete with Spiers and Edgar in the studio was deliberately pulled forward. Edgar was in central station, constant tannoy announcements running interference, the rush hour, ....etc. Spiers sat in the studio and took advantage.

It would be interesting to see the total £s spent on this, between clubs. The money spunked on coverage of celtic (manpower and travel) must be huge. Is this covered by FOI?

Likewise, their signing policy. I don't have a clue who or how many work in PQ. But it's notable that certain bloggers and faces seem to be picking up work and are prone to errors. Obviously Steven Thompson has his uses. 

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Aided and abetted by bad defending 

... and the wet pitch. I know I'm probably being especially uncharitable, but in normal conditions the pace on that pass would have seen it run straight through to Greegs. I suppose I should give Allan the benefit of the doubt and assume he anticipated that the surface water would slow the ball. But I don't like Allan, so I'm going to put it down to luck.

Ah, c'mon, it was a lovely pass and a decent finish. At 6-1 even I can be magnanimous!

It's comedic just how much focus it's got though, I mean had it won them the match or even earned them a point I could just about understand but when it was a consolation during a trouncing you'd think they might have found something else to highlight. But as 26th so ably demonstrates every week, they don't think like we do.  

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

sportscene was perfectly fair last night. 

Agreed Michael Stewart said at least 3 times that Rangers were winning with 11 against 11  and would have still won easily if Hibs had kept 11.

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

sportscene was perfectly fair last night. 

Sportscene was perfectly fair to Rangers last evening.

However, Michael Stewart was once again given license to savage Craig Levein, without defence from either host or fellow pundit, Thompson. It's not our fight, but it highlights Stewart's capacity for holding a grudge.