Pacific Quay Musings?

34 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Long time since I bothered with bbc  Scotland but if I remember right, Brewer was a good broadcaster.

Oh for the day's of Peter Thompson but even he got his wings clipped by big Jock and things have never been the same .

Wednesday night in the immediate aftermath of Pittodrie, Big Dick exercised pathos, the AmDram Quine howled, "Alfredo Morelos should have definitely been at least booked for three fouls on Kyle Ferguson". An attempt  to elicit feelings that already exist within the PQ Gang Hut? His only backer, Wullie Miller shrilled, "absolutely". We are all products of our conditioning and Big Dick is always anxious to rock his, 'I was raised to hate Rangers' vibe. In fact, I suspect Big Dick brings more emotion to this fixture than Alfredo? 

Eventually, it was admitted Rangers should have had a penalty. Further, Sam Cosgrove was fortunate; but was Sam as fortunate as Joe Lewis? No red card for Joe against St Mirren and well done Neil McCann for insisting Cosgrove's over the ball challenge on Davis was a possible ordering off. As for Tav', well that's what you do to the Rangers skipper. To paraphrase Big Dick from last season, 'Rangers were subjected to decisions at Pittodrie expected by most opposition fans'.

Big Dick cannot help himself, he is compelled by the Aberdeen are the second best team in the country line. Those Bhoys on the other side of the PQ Gang Hut have to hear the soothing cheer, 'we hate Rangers more than you'! After rumination, Big Dick concludes, "in the calendar year the Aberdeen - Rangers record is played seven, Aberdeen have won two, Rangers two, and three drawn. Steven Gerrard's team cannot pull away". Again, not true, why does the Producer allow such a spin?

If the calendar year is from 5th December'18 until 4th December'19; then seven games have been played between Rangers and Aberdeen. Two Scottish Cup ie a draw and a 0-2 victory for Aberdeen. The five league games break down is three Rangers wins ie 2-4, 2-0, and 5-0, one Dons victory 0-1 and one draw 2-2. I make that 3 Rangers wins, two draws, and two for the Dandies. If it's the year 2019, it's six games, and the break down is 3 won, two drawn, and one win for the Dons. The respective goals break down is 14-8 or 14-7 in Rangers favour.

Pedantic, absolutely; but they started it. If you are accurate, then you will be objective. Big Dick should take a leaf out of Alfredo's book, drop the hate-filled emotion.  

Stuck this in yesterday's League Cup aftermath thread but it's probably relevant here too

"Not made any better by the propaganda from Roddy Forsyth on the radio this afternoon that Rangers can have no complaints - not because Celtic scored a goal with three men offside but because we missed a penalty apparently as if the latter somehow justified the refereeing howler that lead to the former. Sorry Roddy, I used to respect you. You used to give an honest opinion, not just suck up to your paymasters. But clearly not for ages. The BBC own your arse and your opinions and your delight at their goal and Alfie's miss were palpable.

Let me apply some logic Roddy because you are clearly incapable of it. The two incidents are not related. Penalties can get saved and Forster today was just on fire and Alfie's penalty was poor, so I can live with that. What Rangers and every Rangers fan ARE entitled to complain about is piss poor refereeing and assistant refereeing. One Celtic player offside is unfortunate, two is careless but three of the fuckers a yard offside is certainly grounds for complaint. Complaint that we shouldn't have been behind to a goal that ought to have been chalked off. That's fair Roddy. That's reasonable. Go and find your brain because clearly somewhere over the last couple of years it's gone missing."

I don't pollute myself with BBC Scotland but it filters through to Radio 5 Live via the likes of Roddy who is held up as some kind of Scottish Football guru by the assembled BBC pundits south of the border. I used to have respect for Roddy because he seemed fair minded and, unlike many other Scottish hacks, wouldn't be too beholden to Celitc and Liewell but not any more. His updates on late Celtic winners are filled with unfiltered glee and our struggles seem to be accompanied by extra hot scorn. It's sickening to hear at times and that his is the primary mouthpiece on Scottish football to the rest of the UK is simply depressing. We aren't getting a fair crack of the whip inside Scotland - or outside of it. Surely a first trophy for a Gerrard Rangers is more newsworthy and exciting than simply another one for Celtic in this one-sided era. Apparently not. All hail Lennon, the mantra must be maintained. 

Perhaps 26th has some thoughts about Roddy's fall to the dark side.

PQ Time Line.

Sunday, the day of the league Cup final, the most vocal on BBC Radio Scotland were the Gang Hut Dandies. They continue to peddle Aberdeen are ra Sellik challengers and were relieved ra green'n'grey triumphed. Big Dick, Liam McLeod, Wullie Miller sang the praises. It must be said, all admitted Jullien's strike was offside. Sportscene, as usual had Dandy, Jonathon Sutherland hosting, Michael Stewart and Thommo providing comment. Again, they chorused, 'offside'. Overall, praise for the Rangers performance.

Monday, BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound had Gary Caldwell as the guest. In one hour of broadcast, the word, 'offside' was not mentioned. The former Sellik Skipper chose to get after James Tavenier. As Wigan Boss, he let him go because he did not possess the correct mentality. Managing Partick Thistle unsuccessfully for under a year allows Caldwell to pass judgement, Tav' has many attributes, good assists, but is not a winner. A comfort to Chris Sutton.

Tuesday, Tom English, the Limerick renaissance man got all psychological. Obviously rocking Connie McLaughlin's inner buzz, he stuck it on Ryan Jack for hugging Stevie G, and shedding a tear. Apparently, Scott Brown, a real man's man would never do such like. Tom's diagnosis is thus; Rangers are a weaker team psychologically  than ra Sellik. He praised both Jack's and Rangers performance.

Alpha male, Broony post match did not share a hug and shed a tear; no siree Bob, he went out with his mates and sang, 'Fcuk the H-u-ns'. Real tumescent skipper behaviour, we await Dr Tom's prognosis? Another Sellik employee was on message with Broony, Sports Therapist(and Mental Health First Aider), Caitlin Brown got herself photographed holding aloft the League Cup, posted it on social media with the headline, 'Fcuk the H-u-ns'. I wonder what mental health professionals think of dearest Caitlin, maybe Dr Tom will call her out?

All in all, an undeserved Sellik victory leads to strange behaviour in the Gang Hut. Time for BBC Scotland regular, Angela Haggerty to bring a bit of balance to proceedings?

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

wonder what mental health professionals think of dearest Caitlin, maybe Dr Tom will call her out?

I wouldn’t let either near a patient with a sore head let alone an MH issue. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and an embarrassment to humanity.