Pacific Quay Musings?

Going for the Throat.

Yesterday was a busy day for the PQ Gang Hut. Angela Haggerty waddled up to the microphone, on Shereen Nanjiani's show. Of course, Shereen was on holiday, thus Fiona Stalker hosted. First up was a review on BBC 's new drama, 'Dracula'. Angela revealed, "we were raised as catholics, I know nothing about Dracula, that would be seen as a cult thing". Angela confirmed her conditioning, "my father is staying with me, he's eighty, he watched a few of the opening minutes before declaring this is not for me". She admitted to binge watching and stated her admiration for the nun character, "she's a bit rock'n'roll".

Another guest, the Editor of the Big Issue, Paul McNamee offered, "I was taught by Nuns, none of them were rock'n'roll". You see the difference between someone who is Irish and someone desperate to be so? Still, I am sure Angela will call out Paul's off message contribution, and he will burn in the bad fire. One wonders how Angela has navigated this wide world and reached her 34th year, in such a state of ignorant innocence? Can PQ not raise the funds to send her to Transylvania, let her and the Count do the monster mash. In her two years of doing this show, the majority of her, 'moment of the week' have been Sellik related. Not yesterday, she chose an ethical vegan winning a court case to acclaim veganism as a religion.  Be careful Angela, do not get too close to Veganism and don't offer to change a light bulb. Like you're beloved Bhoys, they prefer to remain in the dark.

DrStu' has returned from his Big Hoose in Sri Lanka. He knows the parameters on his infinity pool, came back swinging. He wondered aloud about Morelos and throat cutting gestures, had a real good laugh at Fraser Aird losing his contract at Cove Rangers, and told a story of himself and a couple of Saintee supporting mates calling the sequestrators at Gretna, to buy the club's history. I suspect co-host of the day, Amy Irons was the target for the venom? She is a Rangers supporter and her auld man is David Irons. Eventually, he gave the St Johnstone PR puff piece for allowing the old firm fans access to three out of four stands. It will allow Saints to buy two or three players. Further, it's only accepting reality, Saints fans do not turn up against Rangers because of the bigotry. The last Rangers game in Perth attracted the lowest St Johnstone v Rangers attendance ever?

Next up was Liam McLeod hosting in Big Dick's absence. He and Michael Stewart discussed Rangers plea for VAR to be introduced. Michael explained that Rangers had experienced a bad month for decisions; mentioning the denied penalty at Pittodrie, the off side goal during the League Cup final, and Sellik's goal in the last old firm game. Of course, Rangers have had many occasions when they have been the beneficiaries of decisions, Liam chipped in, "all clubs recognise that". Liam was anxious to let the audience know, "Rangers will experience VAR in the next round of the Europa Cup", Michael added Kevin Clancy had refereed well during the game and, "I don't like the way Rangers do things as a club". Who knew? We know Michael agrees with the Green Brigade's political commentary, he refrained from commenting upon the St Michael banners. Self beatification might be a step too far?

The second part of Off the Ball was advertising Pat Nevin as special guest, I gave up but I am sure Pat showed solidarity with Alfredo in his every day battle with racism?  

Fraser Aird "losing his contract" ... IIRC, his contract was running out three days later and if it hadn`t been renewed by then, it would never have been anyways. Showboating by the Cove Rangers board / pandering to the authorities who just hammered a board member and the manager (methinks).

A guy I sort of know was a guest on Off The Ball at the weekend, I suspect @DMAA will know him too. I didn't hear the show so I've no idea how it went. But he's a bluenose too so the staunch quota must have been particularly high in Pacific Quay for a change. 

I've always found Pat Nevin to be pretty fair, he's publicly stated he stopped his children going to Parkhead because of the sectarianism around them. There's not many will say that openly. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

A guy I sort of know was a guest on Off The Ball at the weekend, I suspect @DMAA will know him too. I didn't hear the show so I've no idea how it went. But he's a bluenose too so the staunch quota must have been particularly high in Pacific Quay for a change. 

I've always found Pat Nevin to be pretty fair, he's publicly stated he stopped his children going to Parkhead because of the sectarianism around them. There's not many will say that openly. 

By total chance I had just gone out in the car and put the radio on when he came on air. Yes I know him very well and he's certainly a Rangers fan. I didn't get the listen to the whole show so I didn't get to hear whether he got to talk about Rangers at all.

Edited by DMAA

Last night was BBC Scotland's third day of coverage of the SPFL winter break. Aberdeen, ra Sellik, and Rangers are all training in Dubai, thus for the third night running, PQ brought us another three minute piece about ra Sellik. Having interviewed Jame Forrest and Scott Brown, it was Neil Lennon's turn to pour blood upon the sand. There is a budding David Lean at PQ, a several second shot of camels being moved down the road at the side of ra Sellik's training complex. I believe they call this, 'perspective'? One hump or two does not concern Leigh Griffiths, he is intent on legitimising every ship of the dessert by filling them full of semen.

Perspiration flowing, Brian McLauchlin reveal Aberdeen had arrived in Dubai, with new signing Dylan McGeough in their ranks. We were rewarded with footage of Aberdeen players in tracksuits milling around Glasgow Airport, followed by an Emirates aircraft taking off. Since, Dylan has signed for all three Scot's clubs currently in Dubai, why doesn't Brian just interview him? Brian told the viewers Rangers were also in situ', but no pictures, no interviews, and no information.

Tonight, I predict Brian will show footage of Dandy Dons constructing a sandcastle that the H-u-ns cannot destroy. PQ are anxious to show that siege mentality will endure, even in Dubai.

This means that the big companies such as STV and SKY have all the exclusive on Rangers with nothing for the diddy 's at the Beeb who must be shitting themselves thinking that the unBEARable of us winning 55 this season is very real.

What the fuck are they going to report on come May and will they call us "the champions" all year? not a chance.

12 minutes ago, onevision said:

This means that the big companies such as STV and SKY have all the exclusive on Rangers with nothing for the diddy 's at the Beeb who must be shitting themselves thinking that the unBEARable of us winning 55 this season is very real.

What the fuck are they going to report on come May and will they call us "the champions" all year? not a chance.

Lennon is in the papers this morning, demanding the SFA admit they are wrong on the Ryan Christie citing and prosecution, and apologise.

Three interviews over three nights and no one uttered the above on BBC Scotland camera.

PQ have sent a Journo and camera crew out to Dubai for the second year running to almost exclusively report on matters Sellik, and they don't get an exasperated Lennon demanding an admission of wrong doing, and an apology.

Seriously, where do the Gang Hut go from here, allocating more public monies to continue ra Sellik propaganda for no juicy tit bits: or do they withdraw the rota of Gang Hutters willing to wash both Neil and Peters cars? We should be told?