Pacific Quay Musings?

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Go Radio, a digital station with a greater Glasgow broadcast footprint, was taken over by (Lord) Willie Haughey and (Sir) Tom Hunter last year. They've fairly big plans for it, plans that have been hampered by the Covid lockdown, but are now finally being rolled out. They see sport, specifically football, as being key to the station's growth and success. They're investing in 'talent' and production people and, if rumours are to be believed, have their eye on securing commentary rights for SPFL matches. Apart from the co-owners having deep pockets they also have excellent connections at Hampden, having helped fund the purchase the stadium from Queens Park a couple of years ago, so getting a sympathetic hearing might not be hard for them, plus the game is desperate for money so any new revenue is likely to be very welcome. I understand they see the dynamic between Rangers and BBC Scotland as providing an opportunity for them to attract listeners. The 'talent' I've heard mentioned doesn't suggest this is going to be some kind of Rangers love-in, but if it at least provides live commentary of matches and interviews with our manager and players it might be very welcome.

Time will tell. 

Haughey, you say?

Include me out. 

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Go Radio, a digital station with a greater Glasgow broadcast footprint

What about reception outwith greater Glasgow?

I may not want to tune in to Radio HeeHaw but I should have the chance to, as the Sun, Record etc would put it ,“snub” him.

16 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Haughey, you say?

Include me out. 

Yeah, he's a bit too Unionist and Royalist for my tastes as well (winky face)

I can't claim to know him but I have been in his company a couple of times. I once saw him outbid everyone at a charity auction to get the 'Rangers' lot much to my surprise. As far as I know he's not presenting any of the shows. 

15 hours ago, Scott7 said:

What about reception outwith greater Glasgow?

I may not want to tune in to Radio HeeHaw but I should have the chance to, as the Sun, Record etc would put it ,“snub” him.

They've got a limited broadcast area, these things are licensed. It'll be similar geographically to Radio Clyde if that helps.  

Walkabout Mikey.

It has been six weeks since Michael Stewart last appeared on Sportsound. Speculation is that Michael is in a huff, his beloved Hearts(no laughing at the back) situation was not being taken seriously enough by fellow self interested pundits. Michael's performance during the entire SPFL vote fiasco was the epitome of self interest. Dundee and John Nelms were villains, then he was briefed and suddenly he was demanding sympathy for Neil Doncaster, Rod the Fraud, and Shifty McGifty. Safer, calmer waters arrived when he blamed Rangers for everything. Always a winner at PQ. Wait a minute, Hearts were being relegated and Mikey screamed, "unfair". The path of least resistance was still to articulate hatred for Rangers, bad club, doesn't like the way Rangers do things, and Dossier of evidence was a damp squib. Oh, and the Hagi transfer was just wrong.

Hearts, Hearts, glorious Hearts have taken the legal route, armed with the damp squib dossier. Michael has stepped away, let events take their course. Cosgrove and Cowan are determined this is not an issue for fans, two Arabs are walking from Tynecastle to Tannadice to raise funds for Dundee United's legal funds. Beardie and Baldie was the description of the two, in excess of £30 grand pledged. They interviewed Baldie on Saturday for 20 minutes and he agrees it is not about the fans. His colleague, Beardie issued a Tweet the day Hearts decided to take the legal route, it said, "Fcuk Hearts, fcuk Ann Budge, Fcuk Partick Thistle, and fcuk Jacqui Low". This was not mentioned because PQ can make inconvenience disappear.

Talking of inconvenience, well Michael Stewart again. Yesterday, he pitched up to promote his latest broadcast deal. Michael has signed up for Celtic TV next season. He joins Chris Sutton and John Hartson in bringing all the PETER approved news, starting on the 1st August. 

PQ have been remarkably quiet on Michael's latest career move, how will Mikey know the difference between the studios?

Fighting Fit?

It has taken me a few days to retrieve BBC Scotland's report on Leigh Griffiths not traveling to France for ra Sellik's preseason friendlies. This was because the story broke through Alison McConnell on the Saturday night deliberately, thus allowing the Beeb to put up the approved report and remove it by Sunday mid-afternoon. The Beeb can claim they have reported it, without any discussion and Hollicom are happy.

We await what Celtic TV's newest recruit, Michael Stewart has to say?

Anyways, for the record

Griffiths misses Celtic's French Tour.

Leigh Griffiths will remain at Celtic's Lennoxtown training base, to improve his fitness rather than join the squad for pre-season friendlies in France.

He will miss the matches against Nice on Thursday, host club Lyon on Saturday, and the final game against PSG in Paris on 21 July.

The 29 year old striker scored 11 times in 31 matches for Celtic last season.

"Leigh is undertaking his own fitness programme along with some other players at Lennoxtown", said Celtic.

I would have thought the national manager, Steve Clarke would have been contacted for comment? We have potentially two most important international games coming up soonest, and Leigh's wreckless behaviour is narrowing options.

Angela Haggerty.

Back to full fitness, Angela returned to media duties at the weekend. PQ had her on Seven Days on Sunday night, it was the usual all about Angela diatribe. She was congratulated on Motherhood and of course, Angela is the first person ever to be a Mum. She is not privileged, doesn't recognise it; although didn't tell the audience she received a direct intervention from Scottish Health minister, Jeanne Freeman when her ASDA online shopping failed to arrive. The Editor/Producer of Seven Days is Gerry Gay, and being his big pal doesn't count as privilege either.

Angela appeared on TimesRadio on Monday morning, talking about Scottish independence, appeared on BBC Radio Scotland on Tuesday morning talking about bereavement, ........ etc. Angela's standard of life is assured because she has the privilege of knowing the right Editors/Producers. She does amazingly well for being the Editor of a book authored by a chap with four names, who was decreed to have been tarred with the sectarian brush. On her Twitter feed, she has a contribution which epitomises her constant performance. It's from Mark Nelson expressing impatience at a future vicTIMhood scenario, "I cannot wait to be told to wear a poppy by someone not wearing a face mask". Oh, Angela will be waiting impatiently to Call it Out.

Celtic TV's Michael Stewart.

PQ ignored the Green Brigade's latest outing on Sunday afternoon. They gathered at Queens Park railway station to protest, perennial protestants this mob are proving to be. Another three arrests and no reports. Again, given Michael Stewart has taken the time during a few broadcasts to inform us, "I support the political ambitions and aspirations of the Green Brigade". Well, Michael is now employed by Celtic(or is Sellik TV a separate entity), he can add considerable flesh to the bones of those constantly troubling the Scottish Justice system? 

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What were they protesting about?

Good question.

Perceived wisdom is it was a delayed title party because it was the first weekend where beer gardens are fully open. 

Queens Park railway station is on Victoria Road, Billy McNeill's old pub is twenty yards away and another bar, the Queens Park Cafe is 50 yards up the road. Both establishments are south side haunts for the Green Brigade. The disruption at the station was considerable. Several dozen turned up in the olive drab uniform and Police Scotland and the British Transport Police reacted. All trains were cancelled for 3-4 hours. As stated, there were three arrests.

We do not know the charges, the three do not seem to have appeared in court. The disruption, a dozen police vehicles, and several dozen dispersed. The story has been Hollicomed.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Good question.

Perceived wisdom is it was a delayed title party because it was the first weekend where beer gardens are fully open. 

Queens Park railway station is on Victoria Road, Billy McNeill's old pub is twenty yards away and another bar, the Queens Park Cafe is 50 yards up the road. Both establishments are south side haunts for the Green Brigade. The disruption at the station was considerable. Several dozen turned up in the olive drab uniform and Police Scotland and the British Transport Police reacted. All trains were cancelled for 3-4 hours. As stated, there were three arrests.

We do not know the charges, the three do not seem to have appeared in court. The disruption, a dozen police vehicles, and several dozen dispersed. The story has been Hollicomed.

probably took them to a local cop shop for a cup of tea and a biscuit ?