Pacific Quay Musings?

37 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Sadly not true. They reached the money-spinning group phase ever since 2011/12 ... and raked in millions that - in turn - hardly anyone speaks about in Scotland, millions, that put them into their own high strata way way above anyone else in Scotland, making winning league titles as easy as Bayern Munich winning the Bundesliga 3 every season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_F.C._in_European_football#By_season

der Berliner,

Your referenced Wiki page proves my point.

2018/19 season : ra Sellik lost 3-2 to AEK Athens in the third qualifying round.

2019/20 season : ra Sellik lost 5-4 to FC Cluj in the third qualifying round.

2020/21 season : ra Sellik lost 2-1 to Ferencvaros in the second qualifying round.

Three defeats in three years in the qualifying rounds.

Just now, 26th of foot said:

Just a small musing from last evening, not once was the word, 'coefficient' uttered on BBC Radio Shortbread last evening.

Because the fact that we will have two teams next year is down entirely to Rangers. We must, simply must, win the league this year and show them how how it's done in europe.

1 hour ago, compo said:

I thoroughly enjoyed reading those comments 

I would echo that. 26th's comments on PQ's post match analysis reflect all the ills of a so called national broadcaster. I only listened from the final whistle, but I revelled in their collective pain and woes.

Lurgen's interview was an absolute scattergun of excuses and diversion tactics. He has none of the steel or integrity of Gerrard in that respect.

Tom Oirish whined loudly about their last 3 CL exits being a far cry from the "glory" ? of winning away to Lazio.  Interestingly his meanderings are regurgitated verbatim in a PQ article on line today "Celtic need to stop kidding themselves" 

Pat Bonner lamented their defending and how he didn't enjoy watching their CL matches! "Celtic's level is the Europa League!" Really Pat? Remind us how much has been spent on building that EL squad then?

All that remains is for the last PQ stalwart to add his thoughts. Step forward the red headed, sannie wearing nationalist. Where are you in the club's hour of need? ?

35 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

just another DrStu' production.

Time to remind Gersnetters, DrStu' s tertiary education took place in Hull. He graduated in Drama and English, then did his first Doctorate in Theatre. Yep, DrStu' is a big ham, fond of petty drama. Back in the day, Off the Ball regularly had members of the production staff telephoning the show. A script was provided and inevitably Rangers and Rangers supporters were portrayed as the bad guys in the morality play. Occasionally, it led to problems; we had Gordon the Jambo from Glasgow, because none of the production staff could be trusted with an Edinburgh accent. Gordon might have been the last caller on the show, it must be 4-5 years since DrStu' fielded a call?

The show must go on, and on. It's only last month, DrStu' nearly in his 70th year was hoping aloud for another five years. He admits he does not understand Rangers supporters, "ah don't get it, Rangers supporters are standing on the sidelines, raging and beelin". Of course, Rangers supporters are not entitled to joy, the signing of Hagi was summarised by Cosgrove as the following, "every aspect of that signing is wrong". Every aspect? DrStu' deliberately places us on the sidelines, it is most necessary that we occupy the dark end of the street. Listeners to BBC Radio Scotland need reminding we live in darkness.

On Saturday, the special guest on the show was Susie McCabe. A stand-up Comedienne with a background in construction. The first thirty minutes, Susie joins DrStu in his plea for performing arts in Scotland to be beneficiaries of increased Scottish Government monies. Susie is the real deal, a good egg traveling the nationalist road. DrStu' ruminates on the usual, walking young Jack to school in Dennistoun(St Dennis Primary) and he' surprised at Sellik fans(this will be the school gates) blaming Neil Lennon for the Ferencvaros defeat. Susie is a big Sellik fan, that's a big surprise and she agrees Neil's been through a lot. Sympathy for the Devil, no mention of Neil holding a knife to the throat of a then girlfriend whilst at Bolton. DrStu' does get Lennon, he was promoting his case as next Scotland boss, before Steve Clarke's appointment.

After the One O'Clock news, Susie is delivering the lines penned for her. It's all very Smashie and Nicey, a question about charity work leads to Susie claiming to do a lot of work for charidee, and begins to tell a story. At the Stand Club in Glasgow, she has just completed a gig and is approached by a Rangers supporting chap named, 'Anthony'. He asks if she'll do a charity event in Inverclyde? Susie would be delighted, what's the gig? Anthony describes the plight of the local apprentice boys and thinks Susie would go down a storm. Susie replies, "ah don't think you understand, ah'm a roman catholic lesbian from Coatbridge". DrStu' adds, "he needs to move away from that himself with a name like Anthony".

Ambiguity abounds. Are we talking about apprentices involved in the construction of two Ferries? I believe there's at least another two years work left on those vessels and maybe times are hard for the youngsters. Are we talking about the Apprentice Boys of Derry? I don't know, do they exist in Port Glasgow? Anyways, as Susie continues, we find out her and DrStu' regularly attend the same Curry House in Dennistoun. This is the award winning curry shop regularly promoted by Dennistoun's SNP Councilor, Allan Casey. Now, Mr Casey is a drummer in an Irish Republican band, perhaps DrStu' should get him on to explain? Wait a minute, DrStu' told us last year on the Media Review, "ah hate drummers, particularly those in marching bands". This was in reference to Billy Mitchell ripping into Fiona Hyslop on Question Time. DrStu' doesn't want Billy on Question Time, he prefers him on the sidelines.

Confusing, isn't it? Go on Auntie, give Cosgrove another five years, us Rangers supporters will just stand on the sidelines, beelin'.

Heard the brother ranting about this on Saturday night he was getting himself into a  right rage I removed the bottle of Glengoyne from the table in case it went through the triple glazing. 

6 minutes ago, compo said:

Heard the brother ranting about this on Saturday night he was getting himself into a  right rage I removed the bottle of Glengoyne from the table in case it went through the triple glazing. 

Cosgrove's triple glazing, I take it.

A waste of half decent whisky, of course, but needs must...

Edited by Uilleam

7 minutes ago, compo said:

I removed the bottle of Glengoyne from the table in case it went through the triple glazing. 

Even Glengoyne is worth saving from defenestration but I’m slightly disappointed in you, compo. The elite usually have a Speyside in their decanters.