Pacific Quay Musings?

10 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Guy's like Stewart aren't actually BBC employees, they're freelancers, so this is unlikely to make much difference to this particular parcel of rogues. 

If you don't like a freelancer then it is very easy to deal with him.

You just don't hire him.

The sooner the BBC licence fee gets abolished the better.

Then the BBC (including PQ) will be forced into producing broadcasts which will be dependent on viewing figures.

That will surely mean the end for the Rangers-hating pond life we have to endure whether they’re freelance or whatever 

Edited by RANGERRAB

21 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Guy's like Stewart aren't actually BBC employees, they're freelancers, so this is unlikely to make much difference to this particular parcel of rogues. 

With a large majority Tory government and a new BBC Chairman due soon, appointed by said Tory government, a move to the right and a reducing of budgets seems likely at the BBC. As ever though I expect the goings on of a regional sports department won't be high up on any new Chairman or DG's agenda. 

Keep up the good work 26th, always an entertaining read. 

It will only apply to journalists and presenters in the news and current affairs departments sadly. 

Personally I don't expect any changes at all in the way the BBC conducts its affairs. A few PR statements from a new man at the top, launched purely for political purposes, will change nothing. Nor are they intended to.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Personally I don't expect any changes at all in the way the BBC conducts its affairs. A few PR statements from a new man at the top, launched purely for political purposes, will change nothing. Nor are they intended to.

I agree with you.

Today's(Sunday) Off the Ball has Cosgrove and Cowan hosting, Partick Thistle supporter, Ray Bradshaw is the guest. Towards the end of the show, Cowan illustrates an example of mishearing. It occurred years past, when Beeb Scotland were still based at Hamilton Drive. He tells of a researcher, Cosgrove describes her, "as a lovely young girl from Donegal". Apparently, the show had been a tad spikey and some of the calls contained edge. At the show's conclusion, Cowan is told by the researcher that another call had been lined up. Cowan says, "ah don't need another irate caller". Stoney silence ensues.

The researcher gives Cowan the treatment for a fortnight, when another researcher works out it is an issue of mishearing. "Ah don't need another irate caller" has been heard as, 'ah don't need another IRA caller'. This is the nub of the story, Cosgrove jumps in and says, "of course, we do need another IRA caller, this is the BBC, we require balance". 

Rangers supporters will be laughing at Cosgrove's referencing of BBC Scotland balance, when has it ever been deployed? Eight years down the line, the plight of a Face Painter resonates continually, whereas the plight of children being constantly raped for half a century is absolutely ignored. However, Cosgrove's suggestion of balance for the IRA is dog whistling. He knows what he is doing, it's a shout out to big buddies like Kevin McKenna, Eamonn O'Neill, Angela Haggerty, ........... etc. 

How does the family and friends of Journalist, Lyra McKee feel after such an insensitive remark? Cosgrove knows it's a callous necessity on his part. Cosgrove and those mentioned, have had a lot to say on BBC Scotland about Lyra McKee since her murder by the IRA. The various current affairs shows have those talking heads as regular contributors. Haggerty has said at least twice, "the IRA are defunct". O'Neill stated, "Lyra McKee was not targeted by the IRA", and Cosgrove determined she was not murdered, "unfortunately, she was caught in crossfire, we need a new classification". 

The facts at this moment, there have been ten arrests and the weapon used has been recovered by the PSNI. It's sub judice to discuss further. Cosgrove et al know what they are doing, running interference to deliberately queer the pitch. There will be no changes, Cosgrove laid down his marker.

I was somewhat surprised at an article on today's BBC Scotland > Scottish Football site "Steven Gerrard: Rangers Boss praises N.I.'s Steven Davis". For a second I thought this had emanated from the bowels of PQ as it mentioned " as told to Sportsound Extra Time"

On closer examination, it derives from BBC Northern Ireland! Must have been cut and pasted into Scottish Football site as well!

Excellent article in which Gerrard gives Davis a very fitting tribute. Very well deserved imo for a model professional. The full interview can also be heard on Radio Ulster via online at 18.05 tonight.   

2 hours ago, compo said:

I was told by a police officer that Glasgow is one of the city's in the UK with the most CCTV surveillance so how come no one seems to see these thugs carrying out their crimes. 

It may be called selective policing.

You don’t need me to tell you who are influencing this.

I prefer to call it corruption.