Pacific Quay Musings?

Aye, same thoughts here, they did nothing. They'd be better with Jim Duffy at centre half as well, that big lump is horrendous.

Anyway, back to our game, I have to agree with Gonzo, I love Roofe already, I think we have a helluva player on our hands who just needed a bit of management, which in Stevie G we certainly have. He looks like he has everything, talent, pace, power, aerial ability, can finish and fuck me what heart he showed at that goal.

What a performance, I don't think we looked in bother at any point, what a difference confidence makes in europe, we've learned to play at that level, how to manage games and see them out. Were it not for the odd lapse in final ball or poor decision, we could have had 4 or 5 last night, but that's just greedy. ?

And big Bassey, bloody hell what a game he had.

13 hours ago, DMAA said:

Here are the second and third paragraphs of the BBCs report of the match. My word, you would never know they didn’t register a shot on target and we were actually far more threatening than they were throughout the game. We clung on, that’s the story. 
And they say Muleka twice “headed” against the bar despite the fact they know fine well that the second one was a deliberate hand ball and not a header. 

The Ibrox club rode their luck at times after James Tavernier's 19th-minute penalty broke the deadlock. 

Jackson Muleka twice headed against the bar in the first half and Standard pushed hard for a leveller after the break. But Gerrard's men held firm in front of more than 3,000 fans in Belgium to start with a win.

... and that is where they fail in their responsibilities. WHile the media always and ever claims the right of "freedom of press", one of the great goods of "democracy" et al, they oftentimes fail to grasp that this freedom also means responsibilities. Be correct, be neutral, be true to the facts. BBC Scotland for years has been rather liberal with facts and the truth and would this happen in Germany, quite a few of their lot would be taken to task by the German Media Council.

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

let them kid on they are decent while they are shite. 

That can't continue long enough and only helps rangers.

Couldnt agree more with this GS.  It is actually GOOD for us if they continue to believe that they are a good team and that Saturday was nothing more than a blip against a "not very good" Rangers.  Their continued delusion can only be to our advantage. 

Sportsound discussed our game for a couple of minutes again on Thursday night before spending the rest of the broadcast discussing all things Sellick. Sick of them. 

Discovered Go Radio which to me seems a good alternative to the BBC. They have Barry Ferguson on 3 times a week. They spent the majority of the broadcast on both Thursday and Friday talking about Rangers.  

https://thisisgo.co.uk/shows/the-go-radio-football-show/

11 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Discovered Go Radio which to me seems a good alternative to the BBC. They have Barry Ferguson on 3 times a week. They spent the majority of the broadcast on both Thursday and Friday talking about Rangers.  

I gave this a listen shortly after launch, but was disappointed with anchor presenter Rob McLean (who I had mistaken for Richard Gordon!) It just seems Scottish media is riddled with same old PQ / Clyde Rangers haters. I am no lover of Paul Cooney either! It does seem as if Barry Ferguson has moved away from PQ, and I see is guest analyst alongside Neil McCann on RTV tomorrow. Perhaps I need to give Go another listen. I just cannot stomach PQ, but do like to keep up with their blatant hatred of all things Rangers via this thread!

32 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I gave this a listen shortly after launch, but was disappointed with anchor presenter Rob McLean (who I had mistaken for Richard Gordon!) It just seems Scottish media is riddled with same old PQ / Clyde Rangers haters. I am no lover of Paul Cooney either! It does seem as if Barry Ferguson has moved away from PQ, and I see is guest analyst alongside Neil McCann on RTV tomorrow. Perhaps I need to give Go another listen. I just cannot stomach PQ, but do like to keep up with their blatant hatred of all things Rangers via this thread!

Yeh that’s right, if you have a problem with Paul Cooney or Rob McLean it’s maybe not for you. Most of the discussion is by Si Ferry and Barry Ferguson when he is on.

I gather Paul Cooney is former Clyde and was strongly disliked by our fans. However I was on the lookout for anything remotely negative or underhand towards us and I can honestly say they had no problem discussing Rangers at length very positively (which has been in violation of BBC policy it seems for years now), and that includes Cooney and McLean. I suppose the test may be after a hickup. 

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Sportsound discussed our game for a couple of minutes again on Thursday night before spending the rest of the broadcast discussing all things Sellick. Sick of them. 

There's a simple solution available to everyone. Don't listen to it.

Script Rewrites?

So, it's Thursday night and Big Dick on the national broadcast service is looking over the debris of 24 Europa Cup games. Rangers have won 2-zip in Belgium against a Liege side that had not lost at home in six years, whereas ra Sellik carrying the weight of the Scottish standard, slumped to a 1-3 home defeat against AC Milan. Kemar Roofe's spectacular clincher has seen a significant improvement in the national co-efficient, but no one mentions it. Instead, Big Dick is joined by Pat Bonner for the script rewrite.

Tedious Pat is unique, he only covers ra Sellik games, which is just as well because he knows very little about other clubs and their players. He is a helluva nice guy, but how did he manage to secure the position? BBC Radio Scotland do not have anyone else who works to such exclusivity. Anyways, Big Dick concludes that AC Milan have won at Sellik Park by two clear goals, just like Rangers on Saturday, and similarly without getting out of second gear. Swallowing the brave pill, he asks, "are the roof and walls of this Celtic dynasty crashing down, is their dominance finally coming to an end"? Pat was momentarily silenced by such audacity, then stuttered, "oh c'mon Richard, it's very early in the season and no silverware is handed out in late October".

Of course, Pat is correct and we Rangers supporters should be mindful of such veracity. However, where did Big Dick find such courage, the Gang Hut will be most unforgiving?

Gang Hut Solidarity?

Michael Stewart spent the entire evening on BBC Radio Scotland on Thursday evening, from the start of the Rangers game conversation to the conclusion of discussion on ra Sellik's demise at ra Stade de Gadd. Michael is a Sellik TV employee, it was a home game, he should have been on the gantry with Sutton and Hartson? Similarly, on Saturday he was posted missing from the chamber of secrets. Has Michael left Sellik TV? It may explain his vault face, heavy criticism of Lennon and Sellik. What's happened, we should be told? How embarrassing for Mikey, being replaced by the master of eloquence, Tom Boyd.

Given the current circumstances surrounding ra Sellik, you wonder why the two heavyweights, ie those employed with the designations, 'Sports News Correspondent' and, 'Chief Sports Writer' are not engaged? Both Chris McLaughlin and Tom English were conspicuous by their collective absence during midweek. Kheredine Idessane replaced McLaughlin and he believed Lennon's new found praise for his players on Wednesday. Tom was covering the rugby. You can see the awkwardness of the situation for Chris, his sister, Creepy Connie is charged with preparing ra Sellik players with mental toughness. Neil might be of a mind to point this out. Tom doesn't do awkward either.

From a number of characters pissing out of the Gang Hut, to another clearly pissing in by proxy. Phil McFournames has a 'very well placed source' who has revealed Dermot Desmond has given the nod on Mikey's criticism, such rationale makes it easier to explain both McLaughlin and English disappearing. Surely, Neil is not being deliberately isolated? I suspect there is more than enough material circulating for BBC Scotland to commission a soap, 'ra Sellik Soap'? The title is as much an oxymoron as current PQ Gang Hut solidarity.