Pacific Quay Musings?

10 hours ago, Scott7 said:

A vault face Stewart may well have but it’s safe to say the vault is pretty empty.

Fall out the predictive text, 26th.

He does have vaulting ambition, which may, on occasion, affect the fizzog....

I just (in a moment of boredom) read Michael Stewart's article about his team, Nonce FC and whilst rambling on about the last three games he states, "It's an emotional rollercoaster.".

I have no idea why he thinks he is some sort of authority on football (or his other favourite subject, politics).  However, I do have an idea why Pacific Quay CSC continually provide him a platform to spout such claptrap.

Another sign of rebellion on lat night's Sportscene, he was replete in a pair of brogues. After a month of slavish adherence to Gang Hut attire, he has ditched the BIG White Sannies. I hope he has not chucked the footwear into the Clyde? A clear hazard to marine navigation.

Michael, like the rest of them utilise Twitter for self promotion. He prepares his audience by flagging up his next appearances. His last Sellik TV promo on Twitter, was the game in Riga. I suspect he has left, or been asked to leave?

We should be told.

Great post @JohnMc, and while you may be absolutely bang on the money with your analysis of events, I have often struggled to think of Lennon as clever in any way, shape or form. For him to be so clever as to come up with those media manipulations instantly after a game that has gone wrong, I struggle to believe he has that in his locker.

I do think he plays the victim card far too often as a defensive mechanism, and I believe that he really believes he is a perennial victim, and that any non-victory for him and his team can be seen as someone else's fault, and he cannot ever find fault in his own performance. I dont recall him ever standing up and admitting he got something totally wrong, even when the evidence clearly suggests it to be the case.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:43, Scott7 said:

A vault face Stewart may well have but it’s safe to say the vault is pretty empty.

Fall out the predictive text, 26th.

Thanks. I was going to say volte face but then thought it seemed churlish and 'smart-arshish' to actually point it out. However, as you infer, 'vault' is actually more appropriate since Lille on Thursday may actually bury their hopes for this season. My only fear is that they may actually sack Lenny and install, say, Lambert i.e. someone with more tactical acumen. 

42 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Great post @JohnMc, and while you may be absolutely bang on the money with your analysis of events, I have often struggled to think of Lennon as clever in any way, shape or form. For him to be so clever as to come up with those media manipulations instantly after a game that has gone wrong, I struggle to believe he has that in his locker.

I do think he plays the victim card far too often as a defensive mechanism, and I believe that he really believes he is a perennial victim, and that any non-victory for him and his team can be seen as someone else's fault, and he cannot ever find fault in his own performance. I dont recall him ever standing up and admitting he got something totally wrong, even when the evidence clearly suggests it to be the case.

Another example is with the 3 penalties on Sunday; for once I thought Collum got them all right but Lennon had to turn it into some kind of excuse. Even Sportscene seemed baffled he was baffled.