Pacific Quay Musings?

11 hours ago, Frankie said:

The answer to the bottom line question, was as predicted above, Billy Dodds.

I am intrigued by Creepy Connie attending Ibrox :

Who was she working for?

Further, two-three months past, she was credited with aiding ra Sellik squad in their psychological battles, "strengthening their inner buzz". Why was she not in Prague?

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

She was the main interviewer for BT last night.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I think that makes three BBC Scotland regulars not in a state of solidarity with Chris McLaughlin.

Rob McLean, Paul Mitchell, and now Connie McLaughlin all members of the Blacklegs Loyal RSC.

Again, reference Connie and her psychological strengthening efforts, ra Sellik manager was asked last night if Celtic's form will improve? His reply was pertinent, "there's no reason why we won't improve, I don't think it's a major football issue, it's more psychological than anything else". What has Connie been doing?

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Who was she working for?

Further, two-three months past, she was credited with aiding ra Sellik squad in their psychological battles, "strengthening their inner buzz". Why was she not in Prague?

they were already buzzing enough. 

he has to say that he is in charge of football at the club. 

Their issues are structural in that they have bought terribly since he came in. 

How anyone could spent 7 million on a defender that can't defend or 5 on a keeper who doesn't shot stop or command his box is beyond me. He basically takes the by kicks then picks the ball out the net. 

That's just some of the ridiculous spending. There is about 20 million of players there we can't even judge as they have never made the first team. 

It's worth bearing in mind that the BBC 'boycott' is a BBC Scotland Sport management decision, not one made by individual journalists or presenters. As we've pointed out in this thread before individual BBC employees have fallen out with specific clubs or managers in the past and it's not resulted in those clubs being largely ignored. Sir Alex Ferguson refused to speak to Alan Green for years, Alan Green was one of the leading commentators on Five Live and Match Of The Day during that time, indeed a much more high profile position than Chris McLaughlin has. Strangely the BBC didn't choose to stop attending Old Trafford, they just sent a different commentator. Likewise Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce, both high profile Premier League managers at the time, refused to speak to the BBC, which led to their assistant managers giving post match interviews for several years. Again, the BBC continued to cover their matches in a normal fashion. 

While I assume Ms McLaughlin supports her brother, it's unfair to criticise her for doing her job correctly. She's welcome at Ibrox and will continue to be if she can do her job in a half competent manner. I mean it's not like the bar is set all that high for the average Scottish football journo; simply treat our club the same way you treat all the others. It's worth reiterating that the BBC aren't banned by Rangers and only one of their journalists had his press credentials refused. It's their choice not to cover our games. 

Once again this ludicrous decision looks petty and unprofessional. It was easy for them to ignore us when we were in the Championship or stumbling around the SPFL. But now we're the leading side in the country, playing superb football, achieving results not seen by Scottish sides for decades with a high profile, young, charismatic and media friendly manager and their decision to ostracise our support over something this petty surely breaches their own guidelines. Of course the longer this goes on the harder it becomes for anyone to concede ground, so our support suffer for their arrogance and intransigence. 

The danger for the BBC is nature abhors a vacuum. The hole they're leaving is being filled by others, both professional and not so professional. Glasgow has a new radio station this year, one that's made sport a big focus. There are numerous podcasts devoted to Rangers now too (although some have little quality control around who they invite on...), recently News International launched The Times radio station on DAB. I think you'll see more of this type of media crossover in the future and it's only a matter of time before someone else tries to buy the radio broadcast rights for the SPFL. 

We might not like Rob McLean, or countless others, but I suspect few are willing to risk their jobs to support what is an increasingly ridiculous stance.

13 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Who was she working for?

I’d hazard a guess at her doing a spot of freelancing. Is she a staffer at PQ? I would have thought so but can’t say with any degree of certainty. When I heard her being announced by Emma Dodds, I thought it strange. Presumably she was drafted in to assume Emma’s questioner duties in light of Dodds presenting? How that dovetails with her PQ Ts & Cs - who knows?

Like Gonzo79, I’d prefer her beat to be an Ibrox free one. I have heard on the ex-Bellshill grapevine that the whole McLaughlin family are some of the bitterest people that God ever put air into.