Pacific Quay Musings?

I had to listen to the radio to follow our match on Sunday and found it surprisingly enjoyable. Neil McCann, Brian Rice and, I think it was, Paul Mitchel on commentary were quite balanced and insightful. Both Rice and McCann had decent knowledge of some of the Falkirk players and their style of play and both as well as the commentator were very complimentary of Rangers and our performance and our style of play. If you'd just been transported in from outer space and had never listened to Radio Scotland before you could almost have been forgiven for thinking this was normal coverage. I can only assume this aberration was caused by the main Sportsound producers marching on Parkhead to throw sharks at the Glasgow police leaving some junior in charge. I expect normal service will resume on Thursday. 

Not for many years but I used to listen to radio commentary a lot. Paul Mitchell is a hibby, I think, maybe Hearts but his commentary was always good. Described the play. Didn’t work himself up to a frenzy of excitement.

Both Rice and McCann had decent knowledge of some of the Falkirk players and their style of play 

Indeed, McCann is the polar opposite of their usual. Bonner is a bloody embarrassment, has no idea who is playing for the opposition to Celtc, unless they are ex pot lickers. 'The Motherwell number 7' is about all he can muster.

49 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Not for many years but I used to listen to radio commentary a lot. Paul Mitchell is a hibby, I think, maybe Hearts but his commentary was always good. Described the play. Didn’t work himself up to a frenzy of excitement.

Paul Mitchell is a Jambo.

It's Chris!

BBC Scotland's Sports News Correspondent, Chris McLaughlin finally appeared on last evening's Sportsound. Twenty minutes of soothing narrative, he read out Peter's statement and assured the listenership that Dermot was, "absolutely appalled at events on Sunday evening". Further, Neil will lead the team to Milan. It became difficult to hear Chris, maybe he had a sore throat? However, I suspect he was free styling when he added, "If Celtic avoid a shoeing, if they don't get the run around in Milan, he will remain in the dug out for St Johnstone on Sunday".

The Sportsound show was set up for the Scotland - Finland female international, and host Jane Lewis turned to Julie Fleeting and Steven Thomson. Chris was off. Next week, Chris sticks his tongue in Neil's ear!

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

It's Chris!

BBC Scotland's Sports News Correspondent, Chris McLaughlin finally appeared on last evening's Sportsound. Twenty minutes of soothing narrative, he read out Peter's statement and assured the listenership that Dermot was, "absolutely appalled at events on Sunday evening". Further, Neil will lead the team to Milan. It became difficult to hear Chris, maybe he had a sore throat? However, I suspect he was free styling when he added, "If Celtic avoid a shoeing, if they don't get the run around in Milan, he will remain in the dug out for St Johnstone on Sunday".

The Sportsound show was set up for the Scotland - Finland female international, and host Jane Lewis turned to Julie Fleeting and Steven Thomson. Chris was off. Next week, Chris sticks his tongue in Neil's ear!

I hope they get a draw in Milan, that being the case.  A loss, even a close one, and he may be gone ,I don't want that.  Don't want them winning as that gives them additional cash - the smaller cash inflow from a draw would be suitable for this Bear

36 minutes ago, craig said:

I hope they get a draw in Milan, that being the case.  A loss, even a close one, and he may be gone ,I don't want that.  Don't want them winning as that gives them additional cash - the smaller cash inflow from a draw would be suitable for this Bear

Well done you, the head rules the heart.

You are correct of course, something bordering on indifference is the way to go. Individual and collective discipline in face of overwhelming emotional demands.

My problem is when I rationalise it, I find it gives me a feeling of immense well being when they are subjected to aa embarrassing thrashing.