Pacific Quay Musings?

Blinded by the Light?

Sitting in a Uni' Union bar in the mid-seventies was often a depressing experience. Listening to a serious minded plooky youth pontificate upon capitalism, listening to a Juke Box that played 'Smoke on the Water' every other record, and listening to the pleading of the bar staff to avail yourself of the last opportunity to purchase the Tofu Curry. In between another subsidised pint, you noticed the smallest of changes. The Wurlitzer in the corner was increasingly playing 'Blinded by the Light' by the Manfred Mann Earth Band. The South African organist was a dozen year chancer, he had an ear for someone else's tune, and promptly recorded it. Still, he brought the likes of Paul Jones, Mike D'Abo, and Jack Bruce to prominence.

The Earth Band's effort was an interpretation of the then emerging over enthusiast, Bruce Springsteen. The epiphany is a well covered topic for a song. It seems every lyricist has taken a cerebral donner along the road to Damascus? Initially, I thought Bruce had been heavily influenced by Bowie's cut-out method of lyricism. Now, I don't know, don't care. The ear worm was the line, "the Calliope crashed to the ground". I knew a Springsteen devotee, he had the Asbury album and the lyrics were printed on the back. I got the spelling and went to the dictionary.

Listening to the PQ Gang Hut every week is depressing, they are all going down to Montreux to put fire in the sky. They will do anything other than provide the service Rangers supporters pay them to provide. Yesterday's commentary from a monitor in a PQ studio was the usual five year old riff. Liam McLeod had us, "pilfering three points again" and was adamant, "Ajer was covering Bitton"? Michael Stewart wanted to see the incident of Bitton/Morelos again but, "ah don't think it's a red card". Tom Anguish anguished and concluded, "the red card is harsh". It seems to me, objectivity seems to be the hardest word in the Gang Hut?

By the time Sportscene was being broadcast at 22.20hrs last evening, Michael had seen the incident again and ran a ton of interference on ra Sellik's pressing and not allowing Rangers to play a ball over the top. However, he declared the red was a deserved red because of Bitton's stupidity. Blinded by the light. The epiphany continues, it's a collective deal. Tom has penned a snide piece for today's BBC Scotland's website, including EIGHT paragraphs on the Israeli's ordering off. Tavernier's curling out to in pass up the line is described by tom as, "he thumped a hopeful ball downfield, that simple punt sparked a crisis". Tom accepts Morelos would have got a shot off but, "scoring from that angle would have been a trick only pre-eminent goal scorers would have been capable of pulling off". The final line of the piece shows Tom continues to pull himself off, "Gerrard more than anybody, knows how ruinous late slip-ups can prove". Blinded by the Blarney, putting Slippy-G in his place.

It is concerning, two out of three of the Gang Hut changing their views overnight without setting a foot on the Damascan road. Liam as yet, will not change, his team play Rangers next weekend at Pittodrie and he knows the value of continuity. A Calliope is a musical instrument that produces sound by sending steam through large whistles. Typically, very loud without any way of varying sound or tone. A Calliope, the collective noun for the Gang Hut.

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Blinded by the Light?

Sitting in a Uni' Union bar in the mid-seventies was often a depressing experience. Listening to a serious minded plooky youth pontificate upon capitalism, listening to a Juke Box that played 'Smoke on the Water' every other record, and listening to the pleading of the bar staff to avail yourself of the last opportunity to purchase the Tofu Curry. In between another subsidised pint, you noticed the smallest of changes. The Wurlitzer in the corner was increasingly playing 'Blinded by the Light' by the Manfred Mann Earth Band. The South African organist was a dozen year chancer, he had an ear for someone else's tune, and promptly recorded it. Still, he brought the likes of Paul Jones, Mike D'Abo, and Jack Bruce to prominence.

The Earth Band's effort was an interpretation of the then emerging over enthusiast, Bruce Springsteen. The epiphany is a well covered topic for a song. It seems every lyricist has taken a cerebral donner along the road to Damascus? Initially, I thought Bruce had been heavily influenced by Bowie's cut-out method of lyricism. Now, I don't know, don't care. The ear worm was the line, "the Calliope crashed to the ground". I knew a Springsteen devotee, he had the Asbury album and the lyrics were printed on the back. I got the spelling and went to the dictionary.

Listening to the PQ Gang Hut every week is depressing, they are all going down to Montreux to put fire in the sky. They will do anything other than provide the service Rangers supporters pay them to provide. Yesterday's commentary from a monitor in a PQ studio was the usual five year old riff. Liam McLeod had us, "pilfering three points again" and was adamant, "Ajer was covering Bitton"? Michael Stewart wanted to see the incident of Bitton/Morelos again but, "ah don't think it's a red card". Tom Anguish anguished and concluded, "the red card is harsh". It seems to me, objectivity seems to be the hardest word in the Gang Hut?

By the time Sportscene was being broadcast at 22.20hrs last evening, Michael had seen the incident again and ran a ton of interference on ra Sellik's pressing and not allowing Rangers to play a ball over the top. However, he declared the red was a deserved red because of Bitton's stupidity. Blinded by the light. The epiphany continues, it's a collective deal. Tom has penned a snide piece for today's BBC Scotland's website, including EIGHT paragraphs on the Israeli's ordering off. Tavernier's curling out to in pass up the line is described by tom as, "he thumped a hopeful ball downfield, that simple punt sparked a crisis". Tom accepts Morelos would have got a shot off but, "scoring from that angle would have been a trick only pre-eminent goal scorers would have been capable of pulling off". The final line of the piece shows Tom continues to pull himself off, "Gerrard more than anybody, knows how ruinous late slip-ups can prove". Blinded by the Blarney, putting Slippy-G in his place.

It is concerning, two out of three of the Gang Hut changing their views overnight without setting a foot on the Damascan road. Liam as yet, will not change, his team play Rangers next weekend at Pittodrie and he knows the value of continuity. A Calliope is a musical instrument that produces sound by sending steam through large whistles. Typically, very loud without any way of varying sound or tone. A Calliope, the collective noun for the Gang Hut.

Unfortunately, Calliope was the Muse of Eloquence and Epic Poetry. 

She also had a beautiful voice. 

Any resemblance to any denizen of Pacific Quay is non-existent. 

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

If you look at that incident, time and time, as PQ did last night, watch the trajectory of the ball while Bitton is grappling with Alfie. It like a Crown Bowls play, the ball has curved gracefully into the penalty area, a perfect out to in ball played with deadly precision. It was certainly no rugby union punt down the line that suits Tom's narrative! It looked like a fully repentant Michael last night, having to change tack to pick the bones of Sellick's defence. I also think he demurs to Neil McCann, as his superior tactical analysis and knowledge leaves Mikey to self reflect on biotronics or some other fallacy. Was a bit disappointed that even Alfie escaped his wrath last night!

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Michael the Mouth.

This week, Michael Stewart has fallen out with a fellow Jambo. No, not Craig Levein this time, it's Guardian Journo, Ewan Murray that irritates the Mouth of Peter. Auld Reekie's Desperado has been riding the trail, constructing and repairing Peter's fences. He has come to his senses, bellowing Sellik's trip to Dubai has been a PR disaster, demanding a bright light be shone in SPFL dark corners, and hoping the perceived perception keeps him on the side of the angels. The epiphany continues and those that cannot see a redemptive Michael, like Ewan Murray, shall be swatted away.

Of course, Craig Levein explained he disliked Michael right from the start, stating he watched him train and he continually blamed youth players for his mistakes. "Michael is a bully" rings true with another boy in maroon, Ewan has accused Michael of false memory. He Tweeted a question, "what did you have to say about the unfair and unjust actions of the SPFL in April, May, June, and July"? Michael parried and thrust back, "well, apart from hammering the SPFL every Saturday on the radio, in my column, and on here, not too much". Ewan countered, "where are these columns and tweets, you didn't hammer the SPFL every week on the radio, what nonsense"? Compassionate or arrogant Michael ended the discourse with, "Can anyone assist this individual? He seems to have lost his way. Without being too derogatory, he has become a rather tiresome and ill informed person who is a mouth piece for others, fighting their proxy wars".

On reading this Twitter spat, I thought the three year old thread, 'Pacific Quay Musings' can answer the veracity of both boys' in maroon. During the four months quoted, BBC Radio Scotland hosted ninety minute/two hour discussions every Saturday on the suspension of Scottish football because of Covid and the awarding of the various titles and relegations. Pages 230 onward cover those months, particular attention on page 233, post dated 040520. Ewan Murray is correct, Michael did not hammer the SPFL, why would he given he was on his way to working for Sellik TV for a dozen weeks. In fact, Michael eulogised and lionised Neil Doncaster, Murdoch MacLennan, and Rod McKenzie.

One Saturday, Michael told us how valuable an asset the Chief Executive, Chairman, and Secretary of the SPFL were to Scottish football. When reminded of their collective remuneration, and no league sponsorship; he was quick to swat. In fact, the following week in a ninety minute discussion, Michael appeared as one of a well rehearsed trio of Alloa's Mike Mulraney and Neil Doncaster, making a plea to the Scottish Government for more monies to aid Scottish football in it's journey through Covid. Claims of bullying, Dundee registering their vote, then changing it at the last minute, e-mail votes landing in spam bins, and demands Rangers publish their dossier began and would not dissipate.

Dundee's John Nelms would not explain their actions and when the Dossier was published, Michael led the ridicule, he concluded

"Rangers have acted in bad faith"

"Rangers behaviour has been absolutely disgraceful" 

"Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie are victims"

'Only those that understand semantics actually understand"

"Neil Doncaster is a thoroughly decent guy".

It's the arrogance of Michael Stewart, it's on a par with Lawwell and ra Sellik. He has been Peter's mouthpiece and has fought Sellik's was as their proxy.

On Monday evening, Michael was back at Sellik Park for BBC Radio Scotland, covering the Hibs match. At half time, the Edinburgh side brought on Lewis Stevenson as a substitute. Michael told the listenership, "Lewis is the first player out with the old firm to have won both League Cup and Scottish Cup winners' medals with the same club". This went unchallenged. There's the problem, an unchallenged Michael suffers from false memory syndrome, he believes he hammered the SPFL?

Finally, and I have to thank Ian1964 for this gem of an extract from Roy Keane's autobiography :

"The only time I laughed in my training times, we had this wee rat called Michael Steart, the worst footballer anyone has seen. I remember Fergie telling him how shite he was and he actually pissed his shorts, in front of us all. I chuckled for days"

Take note Ewan, stand up to the Bully, present the facts and Michael will once again piss himself.

Ouch! ?

what is Gordon Duncan on Clydes background. I assumed he was a Celtc fan. Claims to support Motherwell and has been slagging celtc fans rotten on clyde of late. 

I am tempted to say he is actually a decent host who plays devils advocate to both sides. That may just be because we are so good and celtc so bad just now though. 

The rangers contingent on clyde have been i fine form of late. Alex Rae especially but even the ralstons and Dalziels have been having fun. 

26 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

what is Gordon Duncan on Clydes background. I assumed he was a Celtc fan. Claims to support Motherwell and has been slagging celtc fans rotten on clyde of late. 

I am tempted to say he is actually a decent host who plays devils advocate to both sides. That may just be because we are so good and celtc so bad just now though. 

The rangers contingent on clyde have been i fine form of late. Alex Rae especially but even the ralstons and Dalziels have been having fun. 

Gordon Duncan is a Motherwell fan.

6 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Gordon Duncan is a Motherwell fan.

Thanks i figured he must be. 

Good host and rangers are far more represented on the guest list than previously. 

Callers are all celtc fans though. while that's great just now it won't always be. 

What odds an exclusive interview with Lawwell or Lennon on BBC Scotland in the coming days? A chosen interviewer and pre-agreed questions submitted in advance. My money's on Chris McLoughlin but Micheal Stewart might be on the shortlist too. Tom English was very critical of them recently, so I expect he's off the Christmas card list for now.