Pacific Quay Musings?

Michael Stewart - we all know Scotland is packed to the brim with bitter Rangers haters and jumped up pretend Indy politicians like him.  It's the fact our publicly funded broadcaster gives him a platform to spout his partisan, often factually incorrect nonsense, without any opposing perspective, that is so galling. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Michael Stewart - we all know Scotland is packed to the brim with bitter Rangers haters and jumped up pretend Indy politicians like him.  It's the fact our publicly funded broadcaster gives him a platform to spout his partisan, often factually incorrect nonsense, without any opposing perspective, that is so galling. 

Gonzo,

Those sharing the platform of BBC Scotland with Stewart must be made aware that Michael's line and script is provided by Alex Barr's BIG Partnership. When Hollicom stepped down, the SPFL's PR firm ie BIG Partnership stepped up to take on ra Sellik remit. Two and two makes four, there is a reason why Michael's line comes across as co-ordinated because it is co-ordinated by the very same PR firm.

It's time for those disagreeing with Stewart at PQ to ask which line he is following during any particular broadcast?

I had to laugh at Michael Stewart's assessment of Aberdeen's red card against us. 

When told that it had to be a red due to the rules, he says the rules are wrong.

He then says the incident goes against the spirit of the rules. The rules are clearly laid out to ensure clarity and there's no "spirit" involved. If the law-makers could have easily included the word "deliberate" but they deliberately didn't and therefore wanted incidents like this to be a red. 

He lastly says that the rules don't cover an incident like this. Yes, they do. It's not a red if the player is attempting to get the ball. This was an example of a player not attempting to get the ball so it is a red. It's clearly covered by the rules.

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I had to laugh at Michael Stewart's assessment of Aberdeen's red card against us. 

When told that it had to be a red due to the rules, he says the rules are wrong.

He then says the incident goes against the spirit of the rules. The rules are clearly laid out to ensure clarity and there's no "spirit" involved. If the law-makers could have easily included the word "deliberate" but they deliberately didn't and therefore wanted incidents like this to be a red. 

He lastly says that the rules don't cover an incident like this. Yes, they do. It's not a red if the player is attempting to get the ball. This was an example of a player not attempting to get the ball so it is a red. It's clearly covered by the rules.

everything you say is right. Frankly i thought the boy lifted his foot in a clumsy attempt to trip him. 

looked very unnatural and non accidental to me. 

either way it's a red card all day and Stewart is a fanny. 

he also tried to get out of it being a red as the examples didn't specifically cover the incident. 

Even D McInnis was ok with it. 

Edited by the gunslinger

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Increasingly, fellow pundits like McFadden, McCann, Thomson .... etc and even Host of Sportscene, Jonathon Sutherland are having pops at Michael's latest disagreement with a Refereeing decision that benefits Rangers. Earlier this season at Fir Park, Rangers were awarded two penalties, it was our first award of a spot kick in eleven months in the league. Stewart used the very same rationale as you outlined above, they were NOT penalties because of the rules are wrong?

Michael Stewart remains on Sportscene because of the Producer, Eamonn Donohoe. 

8 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Michael Stewart remains on Sportscene because of the Producer, Eamonn Donohoe. 

Well, it certainly isn't because of his insight, objectivity, rationale or dress sense - that's for sure.

I have just returned from visiting the local Supermarket, the wife insisted I sit outside in the car park. Apparently, it is easier for her to shop unfettered by my presence? Anyways, I am left with the car radio for company and BBC Radio Scotland's news and sport. 

A number of sports stories have broken today; Andy Murray has Covid, England have bowled out Sri Lanka and batted to within 8 of the islanders total, and ra Sellik have registered another UK first - they have furloughed their entire Youth Academy. What do you think was the headline and the three/four minute Sports discussion? Has Chris McLaughlin got a trio of young ambitious Bhoys lined up for interview, articulating their frustration at being denied progression? Ah mean, surely Chris can see the dichotomy of his beloved club squandering nearly £300,000 on a five star jolly in Dubai, and stubbing out the Academy, which is left to the responsibility of the British tax payer?

Well, no. Chris was posted missing as PQ concentrated on Shinty. I am all for our friends in the Highlands and Islands being kept fully informed of Camanachd life, it will be a great relief for lusty teenage lads, sleeping with and tenderly stroking their wood. A four minute interview with the Chair of the Camanachd Association will send them all back to sleep. I suspect the Gang Hut are going to find endless fascination with Curling, stone skimming, and Judo in the next two/three months?

I saw a comment this morning from a Thistle fan on Lawwell's attempted at an apology last evening. He watched the video of Sellik TV's Gerry McCulloch interviewing THE Chief Executive and posted, "he brought all the authority of a sixty-odd year old drunken man in a strip club, convinced all the girls find him irresistibly attractive" . Come on Chris, save us from Gerry and the Shinty, you are Peter's number one go to for necessary relief.