Pacific Quay Musings?

About Shinty I know nothing except that it’s violent. Nonetheless the Shinty scores delivered by Hugh Dan Maclennan at about 5.40pm on the old Sportsound twenty + years ago carried the same fascination as the Shipping Forecast. It mattered not that Glenurquhart had drawn with Boleskine, just so long as Oban Celtic got beat.

13 hours ago, Scott7 said:

About Shinty I know nothing except that it’s violent. Nonetheless the Shinty scores delivered by Hugh Dan Maclennan at about 5.40pm on the old Sportsound twenty + years ago carried the same fascination as the Shipping Forecast. It mattered not that Glenurquhart had drawn with Boleskine, just so long as Oban Celtic got beat.

Highlanders can be a curious bunch at times; exhibit A. I met an Oban Celtic player in Brisbane of all places. He explained that a toss of a coin many years ago decided the club's name and strip, had it fallen on the other side they'd have been called Oban Rangers and worn blue. He did assure me that almost all of their players supported Rangers, and often wore Rangers attire to training to even things up. Still, 'mon the Oban Camanachd. 

I've just listened to BBC Radio Scotland's lunch time news and sports desk.

Joy of joy, Neil Lennon is the main feature presented by Chris McLaughlin. Popcorn teeth hosted a Presser today at Lennoxtown. He was asked by the Sky Sports journo how his lockdown isolation went? Neil loses his discipline and snaps back, "how is Andy Walker after his Dubai jolly speech"? I suspect Lennon went on a rant but Chris did not convey. Neil concludes, "we are due an apology from Walker and Sky sports will be getting nothing from me or my players". Chris concluded that ra Sellik boss also criticised the Scottish Government.

I suspect Neil and Peter have had a spat?

8 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I've just listened to BBC Radio Scotland's lunch time news and sports desk.

Joy of joy, Neil Lennon is the main feature presented by Chris McLaughlin. Popcorn teeth hosted a Presser today at Lennoxtown. He was asked by the Sky Sports journo how his lockdown isolation went? Neil loses his discipline and snaps back, "how is Andy Walker after his Dubai jolly speech"? I suspect Lennon went on a rant but Chris did not convey. Neil concludes, "we are due an apology from Walker and Sky sports will be getting nothing from me or my players". Chris concluded that ra Sellik boss also criticised the Scottish Government.

I suspect Neil and Peter have had a spat?

yet one of the isolating players has covid so the SG were spot on to force isolation. 

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Gunslinger, 

Have they names the second Covid positive player?

No, they haven't been named - only that a second player has it and that they were already previously isolating.

Whilst we are on the subject to weird coincidences, Celtic have three games in hand yet jetted off to Dubai when they could have scheduled at least one of them.  And they also have a free weekend coming up.

I'm sure they wont whine incessantly about the inevitable fixture pile up towards the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Nice of Pacific Quay CSC to give Saint Neil such an easy time of it.

Easy Tiger,

Neil has had a hard week in isolation. Further, he has had to furlough the entire Youth Academy.

PQ's Chris and his sister, Creepy Connie are charged with nursing Neil back to rude health.