Pacific Quay Musings?

Just now, 26th of foot said:

Neil has had a hard week in isolation. Further, he has had to furlough the entire Youth Academy.

I suppose so.  And we mustn't forget his squad has been decimated by the SNP's agenda against him and also Andy Walker's hurtful comments regarding Dubai.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I suppose so.  And we mustn't forget his squad has been decimated by the SNP's agenda against him and also Andy Walker's hurtful comments regarding Dubai.

The real stake through Neil's heart is Steve Clarke's conga line in Belgrade.

It's the only accusation he repeated.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Call me a conspiracy theory nutjob but I have long considered that they are avoiding games as much as possible in the hopes the game is "paused" - so that they then can suggest "not enough games have been played to award the title".

You're a conspiracy theory nutjob!

Similar thoughts had crossed my own mind, in fairness.   The only counter-theory that I came up with that made any sense was that there might have been a conscious decision by the SPFL to minimise the number of games in January to allow the players a little more recovery time after a hectic December, given there is no winter break this year.   Even if that was the case, it would be easy to explain.  But also, surely such niceties are dispensed with given the ongoing pandemic and the priority should be playing the games within a reasonable timeframe.  

4 hours ago, craig said:

Call me a conspiracy theory nutjob but I have long considered that they are avoiding games as much as possible in the hopes the game is "paused" - so that they then can suggest "not enough games have been played to award the title".

i think they are literally scared to play them. Hard to get beat if you don't play. 

17 hours ago, stewarty said:

Whilst we are on the subject to weird coincidences, Celtic have three games in hand yet jetted off to Dubai when they could have scheduled at least one of them.  And they also have a free weekend coming up.

I'm sure they wont whine incessantly about the inevitable fixture pile up towards the end of the season.

Am I right in thinking they dont play this weekend? Seems absolute madness but I am a bit like @craig I dont trust them one bit and seems more to this than meets the eye

17 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

The real stake through Neil's heart is Steve Clarke's conga line in Belgrade.

It's the only accusation he repeated.

it's the only one that holds any water. Truth is if their had been a positive case out of that and isolating players he and everyone would have been going nuts about it. 

19 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Am I right in thinking they dont play this weekend? Seems absolute madness but I am a bit like @craig I dont trust them one bit and seems more to this than meets the eye

no game this weekend no. 

these "games in hand" are the only thing keeping them going. It's the reason they are 12 points behind not 16-18. 

when they play them the comfort blanket evaporates. 

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

no game this weekend no. 

these "games in hand" are the only thing keeping them going. It's the reason they are 12 points behind not 16-18. 

when they play them the comfort blanket evaporates. 

I get where you are coming from gs but still don't understand the reason for them not playing