Pacific Quay Musings?

22 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I would like to explain why I don't pay a television licence.

I would not like to register and sign in.

Aye, that's my thinking   don't want to end up on target database and that's exactly what would happen when they hand data over to the mob contracted to hound non license payers.

33 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

who thought Lennon should have been offered the position as the Scottish national manager before Steve Clarke's appointment

There is still time and opportunity, when Clarke, after the Euros, takes the hotseat at Piggery Place. 

In fact, replacing Lennon with Clarke, and vice versa, could be engineered to minimise any financial 'hit' on the hoops. 

I wonder when the campaign will start.....

22 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

There is still time and opportunity, when Clarke, after the Euros, takes the hotseat at Piggery Place. 

In fact, replacing Lennon with Clarke, and vice versa, could be engineered to minimise any financial 'hit' on the hoops. 

I wonder when the campaign will start.....

Don’t think the SFA would be daft enough to appoint Lennon. Hated by more than just us in Scottish football 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t think the SFA would be daft enough to appoint Lennon. Hated by more than just us in Scottish football 

At least those who wish Jack were not picked for Scotland would get their wish.?

39 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

David Martindale has had it hard, the disappointment of being a failed Rangers Youth player, led to a dalliance with organised crime. He was caught, charged, and convicted of possession and distribution of class A drugs. He did his time and emerged from prison to continue on his journey of rehabilitation. Well done David.

Now, the condescending Michael Stewart has decided to weaponise him and his history. A convenient useful idiot to arrest Steven Gerrard's march to the Manager of the Year title. Ten games is enough for Mikey to hang on to, watch out David, he'll drag you under.  We know Michael the Mouth does not like Rangers as a club because he tells us regularly. Mikey is singling out Martindale for collateral damage.

Of course, this is nothing new. In season 1977-78, Jock Wallace managed Rangers to the Treble. The runners-up in the League was Aberdeen. The runners-up in both the Scottish Cup and the League Cup again, was Aberdeen. The Dandy Dons manager was Billy McNeill, he was awarded manager of the year. Oh, I hear you say, 'it's a one year, one off one season anomaly? However, in season 2002-03, Alex McLeish managed Rangers to another Treble. Martin O'Neill won nothing that season, but he was awarded manager of the year.

Please David, make it clear you would rather refrain from drowning as the third time loser in the company of Billy McBungle and MON.

Grabbing the Comfort Blanket.

This is new, modern Scotland where nothing is hidden. Transparency trumps all, it's a firm no to sparing anyone's blushes. Off the Ball is petty and ill-informed, we know this because we've been told so for 27 years. The big stories are NEVER shirked. Thus, when the Scottish PF Office(and Crown Office) has reportedly already paid both David Whitehouse and Paul Clark £10 million each, another £4 million between them is expected to be awarded, and a public apology is about to be issued; we expect some meat on the bones? Both Administrators were victims of malicious prosecution.

Big Sellik man and former Lord Advocate, Frank Mullholland was the man who boasted in his Golf Club about the fun to be found in administering justice amid Rangers implosion. DrStu' ignored both the pay out and any Mullholland conversation in favour of another big Sellik man, former long term Daily Record Journo, Anthony Haggerty. Tony was Saturday's guest and the topics up for discussion were favourite rants, best bets, and St Johnstone reaching the League Cup final. Since Tony's departure from Anderson Quay, he has matriculated at Galsgow Uni', studying English, hoping to become a Teacher.

Tony is bashful and did not crow about his Degree trumping the other big Sellik supporting Haggerty, Angela had to settle for an HND from Cardonald College. Still, Cosgrove does not descriminate, Angela is a regular guest on his Media Review Podcast with Eamonn O'Neill. Just another outlet where DrStu' ignores the uncomfortable and inconvenient stories. Anyways, the comfort blankets were grabbed, the three best rants in Scottish football were John Brown in Edmiston Drive bellowing, "show me the deeds", Pedro in the bushes in Luxembourg, and Craig Levein and Eddie Thompson inside Ibrox lambasting Mike McCurry and Rangers.

Warm and fuzzy was the name of the game and best bets had a familiar ring too. Tony told of sitting beside Ewing Grahame(yep, that one, the one sacked because of his unprofessional behaviour on Rangers trip to Stuttgart) as Bears departed Easter Road after losing the Ramsden final to Raith Rovers, congratulated Tony on his Rovers tip. Tam Cowan told of him and his auld man piling on Ajax to defeat Rangers in the CL in 1995, and Tony told of getting to Seville with his auld man because he won £11, 000. Just Tony, his Da', and another 100,000 crazed Bhoys in Seville?

Forget the League Table, ignore Gerrard's two and a half year record in Europe, this is new, modern Scotland where events of six to 25 years past are more comforting. I've said it before, Cosgrove enters his seventieth year in November coming. False memory syndrome is an increasing problem for the denizen of Dennistoun. He recalled St Johnstone having reached the League Cup final twice before. In 1969, they lost 1-0 to the Lisbon Lions and in 1998 they lost to Rangers nine-in-a-row team. Well, not really, it was Dick Advocaat's first season. However, it was the next part, "we were unlucky, McBreen equalised for us and after extra time and penalties, Rangers got the cup". 

I attended said League Cup final at Sellik Park, the game did not go to extra time. Rangers won 2-1, goals from Guivarc'h and Albertz for the Gers, the Saints scorer was Dasovic. In new, modern Scotland, the history of Scottish football will be continually re-written on BBC Radio Scotland as you listen. Here's the thing, no one will disagree because Cosgrove is a know-it-all.

Match Reports from under the Comfort Blanket.

Chick Young occupied the PQ naughty step on Saturday. He was across all events at Ibrox, a euphemism for sitting inside a PQ studio watching Rangers TV. Both his half time and full time reports amounted to three minutes. We were told of the justice that ensued when Tav' had his penalty saved, because Morelos had been brought down outside the box. Oh, and it five zip Rangers because of exceptionally poor Ross County defending.

As afternoon entered evening, Clive Lindsay's match report appeared on BBC Scotland's website. The highlights were, "Ross County's chocolate teapot defending" and Morelos being felled outside the box. This was Edited within the hour, 'the chocolate teapot' was removed. This morning, another report appeared lionising Rangers fourth goal. Apparently, 19 passes from our corner flag to Ryan Jack passing the ball into the net. Pity, both Chick and Clive were under the PQ provided comfort blankets?

Blinded by the Comfort Blanket. 

We reach Sunday and Michael the Mouth also ignores the current League Table and Gerrard's record in Europe with Rangers. Dearest Michael has become Blind Harry. You know the Minstrel who told us everything we know about William Wallace, 200 years after his demise? Wrap the comfort blanket around your napper and become a Seer. Michael takes to the BBC website to tell us he wants Livi manager, David Martindale to rival Steven Gerrard for the award of Manager of the Year. I hope the American with the Australian accent has picked up the film rights. In perfect homage, I hope the ghost of Charles Hawtree plays the part of Michael Mouth.