Pacific Quay Musings?

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

depends on your viewpoint. 4 to us 2 to livi. 

The way it was worded wasn't that way, IMO.  But I did take that into consideration.  They denied Celtic a further 4 points but only "took" 2 points from them :D

Either way, I am sure that neither you, John or myself will be complaining about it :D

6 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Gerrard's presided over continual improvement for 3 seasons now, each time getting better and better until we see where we are now, and all through the liberal use of Nescafe too

I've just skimmed through that nonsense about Rangers doping the players with coffee. It read like the product of an all-nighter on bennies. 

I would offer the following comments:

1. It explains why, at times, watching Rangers is just like watching Brazil

2. It explains why Steven Gerrard is odds on for Barrista of the Year. 

Edited by Uilleam

14 hours ago, craig said:

2 points

Mmm, a desire for accuracy with numbers, spoken like a true accountant! It'll never catch on.

I only have a vague interest in how many points Livingston actually have, my focus was on how many points Celtic don't. Point taken...

4 hours ago, JohnMc said:

It's quite something, isn't it? Having written the occasional match preview for here I can only guess at how long that took him write, he must have spent days on it. In many ways it encapsulates exactly how we've all arrived at this moment. A Celtic fan writing a Celtic blog spends months obsessing about us, imagining possible cheating and finally writing about Rangers while his own club is riven with acrimony, continues to sell it's better players, makes terrible decisions at a senior level and treats its support with contempt all from a previously unassailable financial and footballing position just 18 months ago. While they've spent 10 years shouting 'Sevco' at everything and focussing all their energy on us they failed to notice their own club was being driven off the side of a cliff. Hell mend them. It's funny though, I doubt we could have done it without them. 

It's ironic that on this thread, which charts the bias and unprofessionalism that haunts the corridors of Pacific Quay, reporting so many occasions when BBC Scotland Sport have chosen to ignore us completely rather than report, far less celebrate, a success, we can always rely on the Celtic support to spend every waking hour they have writing, talking and thinking about us. 

It is something that they still don't understand.  The alarming (for them, not us) downturn in their fortunes is as much the fault of the support as it is their Board.  The Board over there have penny pinched their way to a 9IAR* whilst using useful idiots in the media to talk up the transfer fees they both receive and pay, allowing their fans to believe that they are far superior to us in every way.  Had they not been so obsessed with Rangers, Res 12, Sevco, new club, no trophies, admin 342 - then they may have actually held their Board to account.  But they are so consumed by Rangers and their attempt to obliterate us - to literally kill us off - that they have sat idly by whilst their Board have brought in a cheap manager, poor backroom staff, recruitment policy which is scattergun, awful European results etc etc.  But their focus on us has been to our benefit as we have quietly gone about our business of improving everything we do.

It is glorious.

The green mob got carried away with this ten leagues they will lose out on a small fortune with videos and all the other memorabilia tripe as they did in 1970 when they took Feyenoord for granted they had ordered all the junk to flog to their moron fans and even had a huge portakabin on order to use as a shop outside the stadium 

BBC Shortbread's evening news show, Drivetime has just flagged up tonight's feast of football. "It's a full card of Scottish Premiership matches this evening and Sportsound are there, from the first to the last kick of the ball". Given Rangers are away at Easter Road, there is veracity in that PQ common currency remark. Full live commentary for all Rangers supporters paying their Beeb license fee this evening; well, apart from the bit where they don't interview Rangers management and players.

If you are tempted, Drivetime also informed us that Richard Gordon, Liam McLeod, Wullie Miller, Billy Dodds, Michael Stewart, and Pat Bonner are lined up to bring us the action. I wonder when Lawwell does the decent thing and takes Neil to the Vet' for the inevitable, will the then former Sellik manager find a place in the line up? Think of the added pleasure of hearing both Blarney Bhoys and Neil entertain with three part harmony. 

Of course, there will have to be a period of retraining and education to ensure Neil is au fait with everything Gang Hut. Neil made an error in his last interview with Beeb Scotland, he referred to the New Year's "old firm" game. Absolutely verboten and the Green Brigade's actions of today emphasise the point. The GB have a List of Liquidation Deniers, and Neil's name has been placed on it. 

Tune in to the feast of football and hear both Jack Ross and David Potter tell you, 'our approach to tonight's game is the same as every other'.

Any guesses what incident led the Radio Scotland sport news reports this morning? No, it wasn't Rangers great win away at Easter Road and our imperious march towards the title, or plucky Celtic getting their first win of the year against bottom of the table Hamilton, or indeed Motherwell getting their first win in ages in the relegation battle away at Ross County or even St Mirren's remarkable 5 goals at Tannadice. Nope, none of those things, for some reason those stories are of secondary importance.