Pacific Quay Musings?

1 minute ago, 26th of foot said:

Just a Wednesday morning thought.

Neil has resigned as Manager of ra Sellik.

How long before Neil enters the PQ Gang Hut?

The open, welcoming arms of the Blarney Bhoys, Chris McLaughlin, Cosgrove, ....... etc await. When will the revisionism begin?

The revisionism has long since begun.   Gerry McCulloch's declaration that our points lead was "fake news" was a prime example.

They'll phase him in gradually via an Off The Ball appearance, I reckon.   

1 minute ago, stewarty said:

The revisionism has long since begun.   Gerry McCulloch's declaration that our points lead was "fake news" was a prime example.

They'll phase him in gradually via an Off The Ball appearance, I reckon.   

You may be correct.

As stated on Lennon's resignation thread, Cosgrove was BIG on Lennon being named as Scotland's national coach after McLeish resigned. I wonder if Stuart and Tam would question Neil on his two well documented instances of threatening women?

13 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

You may be correct.

As stated on Lennon's resignation thread, Cosgrove was BIG on Lennon being named as Scotland's national coach after McLeish resigned. I wonder if Stuart and Tam would question Neil on his two well documented instances of threatening women?

If by that you mean: discussing Neic's favourite music and Cosgrove squeezing in as many self-indulgent references to Northern Soul as possible, I'm sure they might.

Edited by stewarty

14 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

He’ll be on Sportsound on Saturday or as soon thereafter as he feels up to it. PQ adore him. 

He fits in well at PQ.  An irritating alcoholic, with an over-inflated sense of self-importance and no sense of fair play or moral obligations.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 14:20, 26th of foot said:

The Blarney Lament.

Ra Brave Bhoys had just thrashed Aberdeen 1-0 and misty eyed Pat began the Blarney Lament. Surely, Steve Clarke will be interested in David Turnbull. "he's the first name on Neil Lennon's team sheet"? Last night's result had put Pat in a maudlin mood, he eulogised Sellik's February form, five wins in a row and wondered aloud, "why couldn't Neil get this reaction last month"?. Pat explained ra Sellik had dropped nine points in January and introduced ifs, buts, and maybes. If ra Sellik had only dropped three points, but circumstances like Dubai, and maybe pressure could have been put on Rangers.

Uninterrupted and unchallenged, Pat concluded, "we know Rangers react badly to the pressure of a challenge, I mean there are still two remaining games against Rangers and if only, well it's a pity Celtic could not find this form earlier".  Oh Pat, you're just saying what the Gang Hut are thinking. Sincerely, I hope the hope does not kill you.

Herculean Effort?

It began on Sunday evening, Rangers issued a Tweet stating awareness of a party involving players and fixed penalties. It ended promising an internal investigation. By Monday morning, BBC Scotland had the party as both their lead news and sports story. Further, the party featured as a news story on the BBC UK news and led the BBC UK sports. Similarly, BBC websites and CeeFax prominently reported the party. I do not know the machinations, but I suspect BBC has a bidding system ie one of the regions pitches a story and extrapolates on the probabilities of the story rapidly expanding to having national consequences. A Senior Editor at PQ went out on a limb to guarantee such UK coverage.

By early Monday afternoon, BBC Scotland's Sports Correspondent, Chris McLaughlin was ready to add much needed momentum to the story. He told  the Midday News Bulletin, previous transgressions by footballers during lockdown had seen the First Minister issue a yellow card, could a red card be forthcoming? Chris attended the FM's daily Covid briefing and asked the second question. Nicola's dozen second answer was a couple of lines about elite athletes and footballers, delivered by disdainful wave of a hand. All momentum had evaporated.

Again, I do not know the machinations, but I suspect David Graham played the game extremely well. The Tweet seized the narrative, then the paucity of information only allowed speculation. We did not know all the names involved until Gerrard's Presser. PQ's Herculean efforts to bump Rangers into a statement failed and I suspect, has queered their relationship somewhat with Salford? Promising something they could not deliver. 

Out with PQ, hand picked usual suspects willingly lent their shoulders to the wheel.  There were Monday morning articles/columns from Ewing Grahame, Alison McConnell, and Catriona Stewart(Gregor Cox). They all speculated(expected) the FM to shut down Scottish football because of Rangers players' actions. Dubai hardly merited a mention. They were sold the pup of false hope and it will be a little harder to convince their Editors of the newsworthyness of the next Rangers Bad story. 

Such effort should be recognised and acknowledged. We should remember Hercules expired because of acquired poison from Hydra's blood. The Gang Hut's poison pens will write their own demise.

The Labours of Hercules.

I am sure more than a few Gersnetters had to endure what used to be called, 'a classical education'? I cannot remember 99% of my school timetables, but I do still have the occasional nightmare over my third year, Every Monday morning began with triple Latin. It ruined my football playing weekends. These last several years I feel cheated by BBC Scotland, but also with my education. I was taught their were 12 Labours of Hercules, however it has become apparent that the Greek God(let's call him Chris) had a thirteenth. As well as slaying bulls, boars, lions, hydras, ....... etc, Chris scrupulously adheres to, 'putting the continuous boot into the H-u-ns'.

It has been over five years since Chris attended Ibrox or Auchenhowie. In a show of solidarity, no BBC Scotland Journo attends Rangers Pressers. Providing information to Rangers supporters is not even an after thought. Our contract is with PQ, we pay our License Fee, they provide us with a service. Why are BBC Scotland Journos attending Royal Antwerp's Pressers? Not one of them has met and questioned Steven Gerrard, but they hang on every word uttered by Franky Vercauteren. I am sure this was just a bit of foresight in possibly exploiting the party story?

I will need to recheck Hercules, what happened when his bird spent a month on the island of Lesbos? Did it end well Chris?

There*

Sorry 26th, couldn't help myself :roflmao:

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 17:22, Gonzo79 said:

BBC article about last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56123622

Leon Balogun, 32, took over at right-back and Gerrard has "no issues" with deploying the Nigeria defender there.

"He did that in this German days," Gerrard said of the ex-Mainz player.

"We've also got Ryan Jack, whose done it previously. We want to keep Jacko where he is and we don't want to put him back to using him as a right-back, same with Glen Kamara and Scott Arfield. We have got options in there; they're not the ideal options in terms of the midfield lads."

Can any illiterate muppet get a job with the Beeb these days?

You already know the answer to that :D