Pacific Quay Musings?

Later in the week, I will do a more substantial post on today's broadcast utterances from PQ.

Suffice to say, Liam McLeod commentating from a screen in a PQ office made a complete ham shank of the game. It took him several minutes to realise McGregor had been red carded. He explained that he was NOT in the Stadium and thus could not be responsible for missing the dismissal. His accompanying Posse of fellow Dandies and Yahoos missed it too, because they all had their heads in their hands. Of course, the priority was filling car spaces for the drive to Erskine Bridge, all understandable.

Anyways, at half time, we were no longer playing ra Sellik. Liam gave the half time report and score as, "Rangers two, ten man Celtic one". This continued throughout the second half. The empirical evidence suggests Liam is a thirty 'ten man Celtic' a day man. Oh and Liam thought 'ten man Celtic' were deserving of more goals? I wonder if Liam's commentary will survive on to tonight's Sportscene?  

6 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Later in the week, I will do a more substantial post on today's broadcast utterances from PQ.

Suffice to say, Liam McLeod commentating from a screen in a PQ office made a complete ham shank of the game. It took him several minutes to realise McGregor had been red carded. He explained that he was NOT in the Stadium and thus could not be responsible for missing the dismissal. His accompanying Posse of fellow Dandies and Yahoos missed it too, because they all had their heads in their hands. Of course, the priority was filling car spaces for the drive to Erskine Bridge, all understandable.

Anyways, at half time, we were no longer playing ra Sellik. Liam gave the half time report and score as, "Rangers two, ten man Celtic one". This continued throughout the second half. The empirical evidence suggests Liam is a thirty 'ten man Celtic' a day man. Oh and Liam thought 'ten man Celtic' were deserving of more goals? I wonder if Liam's commentary will survive on to tonight's Sportscene?  

Liam the sheep's commentary did not survive but, absolutely, ten man celtic deserved more goals. That Sportscene offering reached desperate levels - even for that rancid organisation.

Their pain is very satisfying though.

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I watched Sportscene on BBC at 11.30.

Post match analysis minimal. Didn’t even discuss or show the third & fourth Rangers goals

I can't believe people still watch BBC Scotland. Especially the nonsense they claim to be sports content.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I can't believe people still watch BBC Scotland. Especially the nonsense they claim to be sports content.

Correct. When folks have RTV available but still choose Sportscene to watch Rangers then they deserve the garbage they get.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Correct. When folks have RTV available but still choose Sportscene to watch Rangers then they deserve the garbage they get.

I may be wrong but RTV might be inaccessible to many people who have no choice but to put up with the BBC as STV offer no coverage/highlights programme.

28 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

I may be wrong but RTV might be inaccessible to many people who have no choice but to put up with the BBC as STV offer no coverage/highlights programme.

You might be right but I doubt if "many" would be the right word. Anyone who doesn't have an internet connection won't be able to access RTV. But I think that would be the only barrier, other than cost of course.

It's Monday evening after the old firm victory(4-1) the day before. 

Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland are leading with Partick Thistle's League 1 championship win. The Jags manager, former 'Ger, Ian McCall is in the studio. Still raging, legitimately so at their demotion from the Championship on the SPFL's say so(where did that Dundee vote go over that particular weekend), he announces Thistle will NOT welcome any SPFL representatives to their trophy presentation on Tuesday evening. Tom English asks, "you're banning Neil Doncaster"? McCall answers, "Yes, and Murdoch McLennan".

McCall goes on a wee rant about the governance of the Scottish game and concludes, "I don't know who Murdoch McLennan is, what does he do"? Tom English answers, "you are asking the wrong guy". Of course, Private Eye has known Murdoch McLennan for many years, his years running the Telegraph titles are  summed up by the satirical magazine's preferred name for McLennan, "Shifty McGifty". Even better, why don't PQ go to their in house Murdoch McLennan expert? It's only a fortnight past that Stuart Cosgrove revealed he regularly shared a ride home to sarf London in Shifty's Chauffeur driven car, over a period of three years. Further, Cosgrove is Doncaster's lunch partner at Gamba.

27 years at PQ and a major briefer in Scottish football, and when Cosgrove can provide a real insight, no one deliberately so, wants to talk to him. These days, Cosgrove regularly criticises those using social media to comment on football, he doesn't like folk hiding behind usernames; isn't that so, Sarah Leyden? Even better, why don't Sellik TV get former employee, Michael Stewart to visit Shifty in his comfy heated green leather seat in the North Stand and ask the difficult questions on Scottish football goverance?