Pacific Quay Musings?

3 hours ago, compo said:

Inform educate and entertain those were three of the words used by lord Reith when he was at the BBC I am afraid standards at every level have sunk to an all time low .

By the way Reiths  father was the moderator of the United free church of Scotland in his day .

Nonsense ,you've obviously never seen ,The Wall, I can see your voice, Eating with my ex, Your home made perfect , Strictly ,etc. ?

Well worth noting for chuckling Rangers fans that Ange Postecoglou could well do the business at Celtic and it's an interesting appointment (punt?) but have to admit I very much enjoyed the hyperbole over his record from an Aussie journalist on #bbcgms this morning.

Apparently Ange isn't just one of the top ten best coaches in the world but the J1 League is also in the top 10 leagues of world football and Pep Guardiola wants to emulate Ange's style after playing them once in a friendly. Segment host Kenny McIntyre was last seen breathing into a paper bag. :D

Was Postecoglou not linked with us, pre-Caixinha or Gerrard? 

I think he's a good coach. 

The only question mark is whether he can transfer his success in Australia and Japan to Scotland. 

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The only question mark is whether he can transfer his success in Australia and Japan to Scotland. 

I think was linked to us around the time we looked / offered job to McInnes. 

Huge gamble for them after Howe being lined up and taking over 3 months to reject them. 

Sure I've read he does have the necessary licences to coach in Europe? But that may be incorrect information! 

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think was linked to us around the time we looked / offered job to McInnes

Huge gamble for them after Howe being lined up and taking over 3 months to reject them. 

Sure I've read he does have the necessary licences to coach in Europe? But that may be incorrect information! 

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1913812/rangers-manager-australia-ange-postecoglou-yokohama/

TBH, I think he looks okay - certainly good enough to get the better of most of the SPFL. On the other hand, there's nothing about his track record to suggest he'd make an impact in Europe, and he's not a name with the pulling power to attract top players (unless they're from Australia or J-League). I wasn't especially worried about Howe, and I don't feel that different about Postecoglou. They're taking a gamble but then, so did we with Gerrard.

Unless some unexpected affiliation to the IRA is revealed soon, this Greek Aussie is never going to be willingly accepted by the support. He's always going to be the second best option who was shoehorned into the job by a panicked board and as soon as he slips up they will be down on him like a ton of excrement. that is the main reason why old firm managers with no established connection to the clubs so often fail. The fear and anger spreads through the club until it literally chokes off any prospect of success. What he did in some Far East leagues is irrelevant. 

Edited by Bill