Pacific Quay Musings?

Not PQ specifically but still the Beeb and still some well kent names to this thread. Nipped out to shops around 615pm and I have 5live on in the car as usual. This week I have the undoubted displeasure of having to endure the totally out of her depth Connie McLaughlin filling in and while she is generally awful at presenting this mix of news and sport, along comes a news story featuring the passing of Sir Walter, and the bold Connie is doing this one. I await with baited breath to hear her choke out some praise, but instead she introduces a guest to talk about his life.

Im thinking who could be coming on, a former Rangers great no doubt. But no, who comes on to talk about Walter but Graham feckin Speirs, making me nearly crash the car. His eulogy to Walter amounted to talking about how nice a man Tommy Burns was, Gazza the alcoholic wifebeater and how Walter looked after him, and that he had a volcanic temper. Apparently he is up there with the top dozen or so best managers Scotland has produced. And he failed to eradicate bigotry from our country. But he loved Tommy Burns so he wasn’t all bad. To top it off Speirs repeated his claim that he grew up a Rangers fan, as if that gave him the qualification to be paid to go on national radio and talk out his arse.

2 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Not PQ specifically but still the Beeb and still some well kent names to this thread. Nipped out to shops around 615pm and I have 5live on in the car as usual. This week I have the undoubted displeasure of having to endure the totally out of her depth Connie McLaughlin filling in and while she is generally awful at presenting this mix of news and sport, along comes a news story featuring the passing of Sir Walter, and the bold Connie is doing this one. I await with baited breath to hear her choke out some praise, but instead she introduces a guest to talk about his life.

Im thinking who could be coming on, a former Rangers great no doubt. But no, who comes on to talk about Walter but Graham feckin Speirs, making me nearly crash the car. His eulogy to Walter amounted to talking about how nice a man Tommy Burns was, Gazza the alcoholic wifebeater and how Walter looked after him, and that he had a volcanic temper. Apparently he is up there with the top dozen or so best managers Scotland has produced. And he failed to eradicate bigotry from our country. But he loved Tommy Burns so he wasn’t all bad. To top it off Speirs repeated his claim that he grew up a Rangers fan, as if that gave him the qualification to be paid to go on national radio and talk out his arse.

see you get what you deserve for listening to that  crap? station 

On 22/10/2021 at 17:15, 26th of foot said:

To complete the circle, no mention of our score on BBC Scotland's early morning sports bulletin either. No wonder Cosgrove can regularly state he doesn't get Rangers supporters, "they're on the sidelines beelin". We are well done the road to Espanyolification at PQ. They don't want to talk about us unless it's a BIG negative; however they continue to take our License Fees because they have mortgages, school fees and, holidays to pay for. It's a huge efort on their part, maintaining the hatred.

The licence fee is given rather than taken.

https://www.defundbbc.uk/

BIG DICKER.

Reference : Page 29 of this thread, third post entitled - 'Alchemy at Pacific Quay'. I would urge my fellow Gersnetters to read the reference before, during and, after this post. It's a plus ca change type of thing three and half years after the reference post.

Wednesday night started in a deserved emotional tribute to Walter Smith. Rangers defence decided on some necessary light relief and embarked upon Keystone Cops defending. We gifted Aberdeen their first goal, then teased them by partly gifting their second. Alfie gave us hope and with nine minutes to go, the Referee awarded a penalty, Tav' converted to secure our third league draw at home this season. Big Time frustration all round.

The Big Time frustration was also being played out a mile along the Govan Road at PQ. Big AmDram Quine, Big Dick Gordon was Hosting Sportsound, live commentary came from Easter Road, various reporters were in attendance at a further four Premiership grounds for 'Open All Mikes' exposure. The sixth Premiership ground, Ibrox was covered by Big Dick sitting in a Pacific Quay studio. Remember, there was no live TV coverage of any Scottish game on Wednesday evening.

Big Dick is a Dandy Don. He has established his Dandy credentials, he utilised his biography on BBC Radio Scotland nearly 20 years past to right what his fellow Dandies thought was a heinous wrong. Richard Gordon donned the Rangers blazer and necktie to present three or four of the first nine-in-a-row videos. He took the decision, he took the dosh but, did not enjoy the level of opprobrium that accompanied. A minute into his biog' he stated, "I was raised to hate Rangers, absolutely". Regularly since, he has exploited most opportunities to reinforce his hatred. Recently, his best efforts have been begging Compliance Officer intervention reference both Ryan Jack and Alfredo Morelos.

Big Dick could not accept John Beaton's decision, in the 45 minute period post match, continually he returned to the penalty award. He could not see why it was awarded. A soupcon of sympathy here, the PQ building is a mile away from the Stadium. On hearing Stephen Glass post match, Big Dick was all out in support, it was a case of 'Cheatin' Beaton'. He attempted to get Pat Bonner's support but one half of the Blarney Bhoys was sated seeing his beloved green'n'grey hooped heroes win at Easter Road. 

"For the life of me I cannot see why that penalty was awarded and I've watched the incident on a dozen of occasions", was Big Dick's last broadcast piece of BIG DICKERY. I sit on the halfway line in Club'72, I witnessed Tav' lob the ball into the Dons box, David Bates was the wrong side of Sakala and his left hand had a full grasp of the back of Fashion's back of shirt. Bates fell, dragging Sakala to the ground. No one in the Govan Stand with a similar view was not screaming penalty. Simply, I saw it and Richard Gordon did not. The angled TV clip fails to show Bates grabbing Sakala's shirt. All contributors to Sportscene agreed it was a penalty.

The consequences of Big Dick's BIG DICKERY is the usual suspects piling on, Chris Sutton says, "it's the worst award I have ever seen". Tam McManus is speechless, I wish he was. The photos of Beaton in his Bellshill local have resurfaced, Big Dick knew what he was doing. We go to Fir Park on Sunday and Gordon's BBC Scotland colleague, Tam Cowan(Well season ticket holder) is on Peter McGuire's PLZ Soccer stating, "Beaton has opened a can of worms". Time we posted a few pictures of Big Dick replete in Rangers blazer and necktie, remind him we know he'll say what is required if you pay the dosh.

Reference reminder : Page 29, third post entitled - 'Alchemy at Pacific Quay'.

Some people just refuse to accept Rangers being awarded a penalty, regardless of whether it's the correct decision or not.

I'm usually quite honest about dodgy decisions that go in our favour (mainly because I enjoy the rage it prompts in opposition fans) but that was a definite penalty on Wednesday evening.

Dick is appropriately named.

Well, you see, it’s kind of like this. For the jessies who play and commentate on “footie” jersey pulling is just fine but a good dunt with the shou’der is horrific brutality, the sort of thing Caligula had a season ticket for.

This abominable practice, endemic on the Continent, was comparatively rare here until imported from Italia 90. Young people hearing me droning on about it tell me gently “but it’s a man’s game”. It used to be. 

Indeed. I only heard the final 30 mins of their "production". A bit surprised to hear Kenny Miller has joined their ranks. Apparently back from Oz now, he was fairly glowing in his praise of our performance, so big Dick was fawning appropriately. Interestingly, news had just broken of Peter Grant's dismissal at the Pars. Kenny did not miss the opportunity to make a big plug for the vacancy! There was a quick review of yesterday's action but unsurprisingly no mention of Kyogo's outrageous simulation that lead to the penalty!