Pacific Quay Musings?

5 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I have to say, I quite like Levein, Big Avril is quite happy putting the boot in when others coory away.

I've always had time for Levein. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but his willingness to express an opinion makes him a treasure in this age of conformity and compliance.

On 01/11/2021 at 17:52, Bill said:

I've always had time for Levein. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but his willingness to express an opinion makes him a treasure in this age of conformity and compliance.

Absolutely Bill, it's great to hear someone who doesn't say what he thinks people want to hear, there's enough management cliches in fitba.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

On 01/11/2021 at 17:52, Bill said:

these last few years he just doesn't give a fuck. It's great. 

Moldova - Scotland post match discussion on BBC Radio Scotland Sportsound tonight and Nathan Patterson is being eulogised, deservedly so. He scored Scotland's opener and made our second. 

Big Dick wonders aloud if Aston Villa's new manager was viewing and if he would be interested in combining McGinn and Patterson at club level?

You can always rely on Big Dick.

5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I thought that he was short and thick.....

Big Dick is a trendy AmDram thespian.

When in thrall with his Muse, he can travel the drama spectrum from hatred of all things Rangers to venom spitting hatred of all things Rangers. 

In the immediate wake of Scotland defeating Moldova on Friday night, Big Dick was wanting to know if Gerrard would want to combine John McGinn with Nathan Patterson at club level? 

Whatever happened to BBC Scotland's long held belief that young Scots players should always be encouraged to continue plying their trade in Scotland for as long as possible? Further, if a young Scot does leave, BBC Scotland always advocates he should not leave cheaply. Scots clubs should be fully rewarded for the development put in, getting said young Scottish player to the necessary level.

When it comes to Rangers, BBC Scotland prefers a cleansing. RAB Cosgrove likes Billy Gilmour because although he had spent eight years at Rangers from aged eight to sixteen; Chelsea had taken him and rinsed him off. Rangers players playing for Scotland are deemed awkward and inconvenient these days. They could be booed, they could have a posse of the Tartan Army following them around whilst toting a banner proclaiming, "Lee Wallace is a Grass". BBC Scotland even had a Journo reporting the trail of the banner in Malta, telling us where it received applause. You could take say Ian Black and Ryan Jack and they were appearing for the national team at Easter Road and Pittodrie respectively, every touch was booed only by Hibs and Aberdeen fans. Hhhmmm , just rivalry we are told?

No, it's better to move Rangers players on, easier to love. Thus today on BBC Scotland we have Football Gossip and I wonder who penned this :

"Aston Villa want to sign Rangers defender, Nathan Patterson following Steven Gerrard's arrival as manager from the Scottish champions - but face competition for the Scotland right back, 20 from Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and, Paris St-Germain". 

Now, Nathan has been at Rangers since aged eight and has three and half years left on his contract. Bayern and PSG involved, are we talking a transfer fee that could wipe the recently reported £23million deficit? I think BBC Scotland want to take more time to hone this proposition to disappear Nathan from Ibrox. 

Public Service Announcement.

BBC Scotland apologises for today's suspension of broadcasting from Pacific Quay.

All your favourite TV and Radio programmes will return late this afternoon after our staff return from attending today's Sellik AGM.

Thank you for your patience.

I think we should all be excited today for Chris McLaughlin, it's the first time in 20(twenty) years that he gets to taste a different cheese. Peter Lawwell is no longer Chairing and thus the aroma and allure of Ian Bankier's Epoisse de Bourgogne awaits Gollum's keen nostrils.