Pacific Quay Musings?

19 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

But still no BBC PQ verdict on Rangers signing Scotland CB John Souttar? 
Surely we’ll get an opinion soon ? 🤡

Apparently, Michael Stewart was quoted on PQ radio today - "I'd be very surprised if this deal gets done in January" . As we all know the Opinionated One is rarely wrong! 9_9 

Chris Spins It.

These are trying times for Chris McLaughlin. 

Remember his old flame, Eilidh Barbour? She left Chris for an American female golfer with a longer iron, then recently announced her and Livingston Assistant Manager, Marvin Bartley were an item. Embarrassing, having to state a preference for the axminster to escape the clutches of creepy Chris then lionise the merits of Marvin's follow through. The Hinshelwood Knoll has been empty since 55 and Chris wants to vent his frustrations in a roundabout way. Today, he headlines BBC Scotland's on line football content with : 'Rangers hold Talks with the SFA'. He is not doing his usual straight shooting from his arse, no this has the full thrust of his designation, BBC Scotland Sports News Correspondent.

Chris outlines Rangers grievances as such, a letter was sent to the SFA outlining eight points of concern reference Referee, Kevin Clancy's handling of the game at Pittodrie. Chris highlights Johnny Hayes appearing to throw an elbow at Borna Barisic with no action taken. That's it, the other seven points of concern are not worthy of inclusion.

However, Chris begins the second paragraph reminding the readership that his favourites have cut the lead at the top of the Premiership to four points. Then, we are told of Aberdeen Manager, Stephen Glass having a grievance in McGregor not being penalised amid the denial of a penalty award. Oh, and a penalty was awarded against Alfredo Morelos.

I would have thought a headline that reads, 'Rangers Hold Talks with the SFA After Complaining about Referee Clancy' would proffer a narrative telling of all eight points but obviously Chris had to spin Stephen Glass and his beloved Sellik into the piece. He should have finished with, how Tuesday evening's game ended - in nearly sixty years of watching Scottish football, I have never seen a player walk from the pitch with his arm wrapped around a Referee, both sharing a laugh.

Maybe Chris has nobody to wrap his arm around?

"Now that's interesting, very interesting".

At half time on Wednesday evening, I turned on my micro radio in the hope of being told some good news from Tynecastle. Big Dick was quick to tell me the bad news as the players disappeared up the tunnel, "Celtic are in full control, worthy of their two nil half time lead". Immediately, he handed over to Rob McLean to tell of Ibrox affairs at the break. Obviously, the Red TV commentator was sitting on the PQ naughty step, Aberdeen having been defeated in Paisley the night before. I thought this cannot be good, normally a game at Ibrox does not receive immediate half time attention. A line, including score and scorers before the selected for commentary game re-kicks off; is the most you can hope.

Rob talks the truth, the game so far is huff and puff. Rangers have dominated possession and created very little. Then Rob of Red TV tells of the injustice of Livi' being denied a penalty. Now, this is not in the same league as Chris Sutton claiming Lowry caught the ball and handed it over to McGregor, the emphasis was clearly on the Livi' players harbouring a sense of injustice. Big Dick joins in with his fellow Dandy, joking the Ref' was not John Beaton but the two TV angles he had seen were not one hundred per cent conclusive. Further, Alan McGregor had been exceedingly quick to over arm throw the ball to Scott Wright.

This is akin to the Aberdeen 2-2 draw earlier in the season where Big Dick's level of consternation carried over into his Friday column in the Press and Journal. Again, from the PQ studio he could not see the Don's David Bates grab a handful of Sakala's jersey and drag him to the ground. He described the decision as, "inexplicable". Sitting in the front row of the Govan top tier, I could clearly see Bates dragging Fashion to the ground; similarly, I clearly saw Lowry chest the ball to the Keeper. Maybe, Big Dick should move his seat three quarters of a mile further forward from PQ to Ibrox Stadium, it will help his sight lines?

Anyways, there's no show without the Blarney Punch and a hoarse Tom Anguish intervenes on the Dandy pair to say, "I noticed four Livingston defenders raised their arms claiming for the penalty. Now that's interesting, very interesting". The Referee is the sole arbiter of the game unless a number of players raise their arms, the more that do so, makes it even more interesting. I note three of Tom's favourites raised their arms at Tynecastle, all handled the ball but Tom did not find that remotely interesting because he was hoarse with excitement at ra Sellik negotiating a significant hurdle.

This latest phantom appeal took up several minutes of half time, a couple of hours later; Sportscene from the same building decreed Lowry had chested the ball and had a couple of TV angles to prove it. Anatomy lessons at PQ required soonest.

"Our Irish cultural correspondent".

Tam Cowan referred to RAB Cosgrove as such on Saturday. Most appropriate these last few weeks as RAB has been waxing lyrical about GAA sports. Of course, RAB omitted to tell the listenership about the GAA Rule 21 - a century long banning of member of the Army or Police(basically all members of the Security Forces) from playing Hurling or Gaelic football. RAB supports the right kind of discrimination. I suspect it's the company he keeps? Remember, Policy Advisor to Glasgow City Council's Convenor, Susan Aitken is very good friend of the show, West Belfast born and bred, Gerry Braiden.

These last two weekends and four shows, RAB has seen fit to inform us all that Sue Grey -she of the report on Downing Street party times - is a Season Ticket holder at Linfield FC, on three separate occasions. Why, we should be told?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

"Now that's interesting, very interesting".

At half time on Wednesday evening, I turned on my micro radio in the hope of being told some good news from Tynecastle. Big Dick was quick to tell me the bad news as the players disappeared up the tunnel, "Celtic are in full control, worthy of their two nil half time lead". Immediately, he handed over to Rob McLean to tell of Ibrox affairs at the break. Obviously, the Red TV commentator was sitting on the PQ naughty step, Aberdeen having been defeated in Paisley the night before. I thought this cannot be good, normally a game at Ibrox does not receive immediate half time attention. A line, including score and scorers before the selected for commentary game re-kicks off; is the most you can hope.

Rob talks the truth, the game so far is huff and puff. Rangers have dominated possession and created very little. Then Rob of Red TV tells of the injustice of Livi' being denied a penalty. Now, this is not in the same league as Chris Sutton claiming Lowry caught the ball and handed it over to McGregor, the emphasis was clearly on the Livi' players harbouring a sense of injustice. Big Dick joins in with his fellow Dandy, joking the Ref' was not John Beaton but the two TV angles he had seen were not one hundred per cent conclusive. Further, Alan McGregor had been exceedingly quick to over arm throw the ball to Scott Wright.

This is akin to the Aberdeen 2-2 draw earlier in the season where Big Dick's level of consternation carried over into his Friday column in the Press and Journal. Again, from the PQ studio he could not see the Don's David Bates grab a handful of Sakala's jersey and drag him to the ground. He described the decision as, "inexplicable". Sitting in the front row of the Govan top tier, I could clearly see Bates dragging Fashion to the ground; similarly, I clearly saw Lowry chest the ball to the Keeper. Maybe, Big Dick should move his seat three quarters of a mile further forward from PQ to Ibrox Stadium, it will help his sight lines?

Anyways, there's no show without the Blarney Punch and a hoarse Tom Anguish intervenes on the Dandy pair to say, "I noticed four Livingston defenders raised their arms claiming for the penalty. Now that's interesting, very interesting". The Referee is the sole arbiter of the game unless a number of players raise their arms, the more that do so, makes it even more interesting. I note three of Tom's favourites raised their arms at Tynecastle, all handled the ball but Tom did not find that remotely interesting because he was hoarse with excitement at ra Sellik negotiating a significant hurdle.

This latest phantom appeal took up several minutes of half time, a couple of hours later; Sportscene from the same building decreed Lowry had chested the ball and had a couple of TV angles to prove it. Anatomy lessons at PQ required soonest.

"Our Irish cultural correspondent".

Tam Cowan referred to RAB Cosgrove as such on Saturday. Most appropriate these last few weeks as RAB has been waxing lyrical about GAA sports. Of course, RAB omitted to tell the listenership about the GAA Rule 21 - a century long banning of member of the Army or Police(basically all members of the Security Forces) from playing Hurling or Gaelic football. RAB supports the right kind of discrimination. I suspect it's the company he keeps? Remember, Policy Advisor to Glasgow City Council's Convenor, Susan Aitken is very good friend of the show, West Belfast born and bred, Gerry Braiden.

These last two weekends and four shows, RAB has seen fit to inform us all that Sue Grey -she of the report on Downing Street party times - is a Season Ticket holder at Linfield FC, on three separate occasions. Why, we should be told?

Why torture your ears listening to these dumplings 

1 hour ago, compo said:

Why torture your ears listening to these dumplings 

Without ever watching or listening to BBC Scotland, I could write what they say at any given time and it would be essentially accurate. That said, I do enjoy this thread, if only for the entertainment of 26th's fine wordsmithery.

Compare and Contrast?

Below, are two BBC Scotland reports from two court trials held today in Scotland. The first case was heard in Dundee, the second in Lanark.

1. Dundee United fan sentenced for Ojo assault.

A Dundee United supporter who attacked an Aberdeen player during a match has been ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work.

Marc Jackson assaulted Funso Ojo as he ran towards home supporters to recover the ball when it went out of play.

Jackson stood up and used both hands to shove the player backwards, causing him to stumble.

Dundee United withdrew his season ticket for the rest of this campaign and his status will now be reviewed.

2. Man Guilty of Capt Sir Tom Moore 'offensive' Tweet.

A man has been found guilty of posting a "grossly offensive" tweet about the death of fundraising hero Captain Sir Tom Moore.

Joseph Kelly from Castlemilk, Glasgow, had denied the disrespectful nature of the message on 3 February last year.

But Kelly, 36, was found guilty by Sheriff Adrian Cottam and released on bail ahead of sentencing in March.

Captain Sir Tom Moore raised more than £32 million for the NHS after he walked 100 laps of his garden in the week before his 100th birthday.

The first report tells you Marc Jackson is a Dundee United supporter and describes his actions. The second report fails to inform of Joseph Kelly's, "grossly offensive" tweet - "the only good Brit soldier is a deed one, burn auld fella buuuuuurn". Further, it fails to tell of Joseph Kelly's photograph on his opening Twitter page - replete in his Sellik strip, Tommy Burns scarf around his neck and, wearing a Leprechaun hat whilst holding aloft an Irish Tricolour. Another PQ omission is Sheriff Cottam having to ask Kelly to refrain from laughing twice, as the charge was being read out.