Pacific Quay Musings?

17 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

RAB goes Rabid.

In the period this thread has been running, BBC Scotland and their employees have issued close to a dozen apologies to Rangers and Rangers supporters. I suspect they are fed up going cap in hand to the Great Satan, it is not a good look. They have reigned in the worse aspects, not sitting as comfortably with their preferred prejudices these days. Fellow Gersnetters do not fret, given the opportunity PQ will still spit the venom. Rangers achieving a Europa League Cup final has been decreed NOT an opportunity, yet.

As stated, RAB Cosgrove's first reaction, actually his first broadcastable reaction to Rangers achievement is to state, "Rangers qualifying for the Europa League Cup final is not good news for Scottish football". Carrying the Scottish standard for four years, singularly raising the coefficient to allow the League Champions, Sellik automatic entry to the Champions League group stages, allowing third placed, Hearts automatic Europa League group stage entry and, ensuring fourth placed, Motherwell have Euro Conference group stage entry; is all trumped by Rangers earning Euro monies that take us further away from all Scottish clubs other than Sellik. Rangers are creating disparity.

RAB does not want Rangers to triumph in Seville and, he wraps up this principle of rivalry for presentation but, it's just HATRED. We know this because RAB has a Podcast, 'Talk Media'. There was a period of a decade where PQ allowed RAB and Eamonn O'Neill to appear on John Beattie's lunch time show to spout their take on various media stories and the Scottish take but, over a couple of years past, they discontinued the overbearing Nationalistic propaganda. RAB and Eamonn took it to Podcast and another PQ stalwart, Janice Forsyth Produces it. I urge no Gersnetter pays for this Podcast, we find out quickly enough when RAB sticks it on his fellow wrong type of Scots.

Michael Stewart's apology to Jim Traynor, Rangers and, Rangers supporters has hurt RAB. He is smarting and his analysis of the affair castigates BBC Scotland, "There is a degree of sensitivity around Rangers that no other Scottish club enjoys". Apparently the dark shadow of the Masonic hand stretches further, "we've arrived at a moment when large sections of the Scottish media are frightened of them". The architect of this great threat to the fourth estate is David Graham. Now, RAB does not mention him by name, he talks about, "a significant employee with Loyalist credentials". Apparently he has convinced the club, " to ignore the issue of doubt by convincing the club to release another orange strip". RAB's disappointment will be further deepened since Rangers are playing the final in all blue and, not in Seville bitter orange.

Let's go back a decade, happier days for RAB. Regularly, he would get all Phil McFournames, you know make stuff up. He told of three Rangers supporting pals who attended all games, they decided to no longer attend because Rangers were not the same club. So much so, they all gave up their season tickets. I do not know of any Rangers supporter aping this behaviour but RAB knows three? When we received our License from the SFA, RAB predicted Rangers would return to the Premiership from League 2 obscurity. We would arrive and regularly play in front of 6,000 to 8,000 supporters at Ibrox because the vast majority of our support being glory hunters would fall away? you can see how Rangers European achievement causes RAB to wrestle with angst.

Those days of introducing Rangers supporting guests as, "Chris Connor the H-u-n with a heart" and bellowing inquiries, "can you spot a handsome H-u-n" are gone and RAB in his eighth decade is pining for nostalgia. On the 25th of this month at Glasgow University, RAB has an opportunity to relive the good old days of the Rangers Tax Case Blog. Professor Raymond Boyle Chairs a debate afternoon in the Davidson building between 2pm and 4pm - those participating are Roger Mitchell, RAB Cosgrove, Jim Spence, Kevin McKenna, Graham Spiers, David Low and, Alan Burrows. You have to register if you wish to attend. Further, they are sure there will be some Haters? Looking at that list, how could they possibly squeeze in another Hater?

I hope Gio traps accompanied by the Europa League Cup.

@RaymondBoyle67 on Twitter, of course.  Of course.

18 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Professor Raymond Boyle Chairs a debate afternoon in the Davidson building between 2pm and 4pm

Is it an open topic debate or are there specific subjects?

On BBC TV News (not BBC Scotland) at about 6.45 pm the Sports presenter conceded that first place in the sports slot must go to Rangers in Seville, though he didn’t sound as though that was a good idea. He introduced one Jane Dougall in Seville to describe events there which she did stony faced. Reference was made to success in Barcelona and failure in Manchester. The presenter duly gave her the chance to comment on the trouble in Manchester. Dougall said:

I was there. I was witness to two hundred and fifty thousand Rangers fans who rioted, it’s fair to say, in the city centre”

What? She counted them? And they all rioted? One of my boys was there and he didn’t riot nor anything like it. BBC will be getting a letter in the morning. Meanwhile perhaps @26th of footcould tell me if Dougall has previous?

16 minutes ago, buster. said:

Cosgrove has just outdone himself trying to cast a slur on the Rangers support in Sevilla.

The link below is the live feed.

To listen to the slur scroll back to 1245

Catriona Shearer is the guest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_scotland_fm

I was listening.

Talk about misjudging a room?

As he enters his eighth decade, he should be shown pastures new.

26th gives some great insight into goings on at PQ but I really have no idea why any Bear would voluntarily subject themselves to these broadcasts.

The presenters and guests are nonentities.  

PQ CSC output is like Twitter - life is better without it.  

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Rubbish! He should be flown to Tripoli, tortured mercilessly for a month, spit-roasted over a moderate flame and left in a ditch to decompose. 

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I was listening.

Talk about misjudging a room?

Cowan's dig about throwing chairs was bad enough and badly received by Catriona Shearer but Cosgrove took it to a new level of trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

I think all the usual suspects were so geared up to have a go at the Rangers support after Sevilla, that they couldn't properly digest and register the good behaviour and clean sheet of arrests, zero.