Pacific Quay Musings?

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

26th gives some great insight into goings on at PQ but I really have no idea why any Bear would voluntarily subject themselves to these broadcasts.

You can't have it both ways.

You're right, buster.  I'd probably commit suicide if I didn't have this thread.  

If I can offer an analogy: I'm very glad that there are proctologists around but I have no idea why anyone would want to investigate an anus.  

🙄

Edited by Gonzo79

On 17/05/2022 at 20:54, Scott7 said:

On BBC TV News (not BBC Scotland) at about 6.45 pm the Sports presenter conceded that first place in the sports slot must go to Rangers in Seville, though he didn’t sound as though that was a good idea. He introduced one Jane Dougall in Seville to describe events there which she did stony faced. Reference was made to success in Barcelona and failure in Manchester. The presenter duly gave her the chance to comment on the trouble in Manchester. Dougall said:

I was there. I was witness to two hundred and fifty thousand Rangers fans who rioted, it’s fair to say, in the city centre”

What? She counted them? And they all rioted? One of my boys was there and he didn’t riot nor anything like it. BBC will be getting a letter in the morning. Meanwhile perhaps @26th of footcould tell me if Dougall has previous?

Watched BBC World 24 in my hotel in Malaga on the Tuesday night,  it was the leady story of the programme not the sports segment but the whole programme. 

On 17/05/2022 at 21:54, Scott7 said:

On BBC TV News (not BBC Scotland) at about 6.45 pm the Sports presenter conceded that first place in the sports slot must go to Rangers in Seville, though he didn’t sound as though that was a good idea. He introduced one Jane Dougall in Seville to describe events there which she did stony faced. Reference was made to success in Barcelona and failure in Manchester. The presenter duly gave her the chance to comment on the trouble in Manchester. Dougall said:

I was there. I was witness to two hundred and fifty thousand Rangers fans who rioted, it’s fair to say, in the city centre”

What? She counted them? And they all rioted? One of my boys was there and he didn’t riot nor anything like it. BBC will be getting a letter in the morning. Meanwhile perhaps @26th of footcould tell me if Dougall has previous?

I don't know if I have ever heard Cosgrove in his Off the ball slot, to be so transparently bitter, contrived ('Barack Obama running a bus' involved) and desperate to push a customary narrative,......and that is saying something.

After nineteen years, the batteries of the Suville calculator have finally run out.

Yesterday, Cosgrove said the Suville calculator "...is dead, no-one cares about it anymore...".

Apparently he is sick of over-exaggeration and it took 19 years until the threshold was reached, so he had to comment and call time on such a device.

Obviously, he didn't send this memo to Jane Dougall and her line about 250,000 rioting in Manchester.

They seem to want it both ways.

For those who would like to hear exactly what was said (not compulsory and please don't bore the world with the repetitive 'why would anyone want to listen to that' line) it comes up at 1hr 44min 45sec into the link below)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017l2q

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Oh, would some Power give us the gift; To see ourselves as others see us!

Gonzo, old boy.......don't take things so personally and let the thread breath.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

I don't know if I have ever heard Cosgrove in his Off the ball slot, to be so transparently bitter, contrived ('Barack Obama running a bus' involved) and desperate to push a customary narrative,......and that is saying something.

After nineteen years, the batteries of the Suville calculator have finally run out.

Yesterday, Cosgrove said the Suville calculator "...is dead, no-one cares about it anymore...".

Apparently he is sick of over-exaggeration and it took 19 years until the threshold was reached, so he had to comment and call time on such a device.

Obviously, he didn't send this memo to Jane Dougall and her line about 250,000 rioting in Manchester.

They seem to want it both ways.

For those who would like to hear exactly what was said (not compulsory and please don't bore the world with the repetitive 'why would anyone want to listen to that' line) it comes up at 1hr 44min 45sec into the link below)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017l2q

Why would anyone want to listen to that?