Pacific Quay Musings?

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

I note that Tom English wasn't on Sportsound yesterday and the uninspiring 'spout the obvious' pundit list was never going to touch on the Parks of Hamilton / Cinch SPFL court case and fall out.

I guess Tom English is on holiday and I can only hope he picks up on the SPFL promise to provide some frank transparency and ask Teflon man (Doncaster) some difficult questions. English is the one jounalist who has consistently recognised what has been going on and went after the SPFL executive, when allowed.

Buster,

You are correct reference Tom English and the SPFL Committee.

When the story broke reference Cinch at the end of last week, English took to Twitter to slaughter both MacLennan and Doncaster.

What does BBC Scotland's Chief Sports Correspondent, Chris McLaughlin say? I suspect we will have to wait until MacLennan and Doncaster tell him what to say.

16 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Buster,

You are correct reference Tom English and the SPFL Committee.

When the story broke reference Cinch at the end of last week, English took to Twitter to slaughter both MacLennan and Doncaster.

What does BBC Scotland's Chief Sports Correspondent, Chris McLaughlin say? I suspect we will have to wait until MacLennan and Doncaster tell him what to say.

Tom English should be encouraged to pen an article before and after the full and frank SPFL response.

Before, including a list of questions that stakeholders may be interested in knowing the answers to.

The immediate SPFL response was so full of absolute shiney guff that they needed to add the 'more to come when permitted' paragraph. I have my doubts that day will ever come and if pushed, an empty damp squib would follow.

How much money was wasted on a pointless legal battle ?

Who decided to go with it and will take responsibility for it ?

Then there is the deal with Cinch itself and all the fineprint, etc., etc....

Chris McLaughlin, the man who always provides, not only the story but ends with a verbal editorial summary as to the truth of the matter. ....He was prolific back in the day with his direct line to Jack 'toxic' Irvine, eventually leading to him being shown the door at Ibrox and where we are now.

Edited by buster.

• 3 weeks later...

Sportsound: Kenny Macintyre replaces Richard Gordon as Saturday host

Sports broadcaster Kenny Macintyre is the new presenter of BBC Radio Scotland's Saturday Sportsound.

He will begin the role on 30 July when the Scottish Premiership returns.

He follows Richard Gordon who stepped aside as host of the Saturday edition after 30 years at the helm.

An experienced and well-known voice, Kenny is a regular sports presenter on BBC Radio Scotland, leading previous editions of Sportsound as well as providing interviews and reports.

"I'm delighted Kenny is stepping into Richard's shoes as presenter of Saturday Sportsound," said Gareth Hydes, commissioning editor for BBC Radio Scotland.

"The programme is so important to our audience and Kenny brings huge passion and a wealth of experience to the role.

Commenting on his appointment, Kenny said: "It's an honour and a privilege to be the presenter of Sportsound - a programme I have a long-standing connection with.

"Anyone who knows me knows how passionate and committed I am to providing excellent sports journalism that connects with Radio Scotland's audiences. I look forward to developing exciting plans for the future alongside an excellent team of colleagues and commentators."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62067109

----------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting choice

On 07/07/2022 at 22:20, Bill said:

I don't think anyone believes the BBC will be changing its spots any time soon, with or without Kenny McIntyre

Perhaps there will be some changes.....!

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Perhaps there will be some changes.....!

Perhaps there will be, perhaps there won't, perhaps the sky will fall on our heads in the morning, perhaps there's a carefully concealed point in your post.