Pacific Quay Musings?

The latest Ofcom figures have just been released and they are not good reading for the PQ gang Hut.

Figures for 2022 reveal less than 15% of those over the age of 16 years access their news from BBC Scotland. The figure for 2021 was 24%. This means the Pacific Quay based channel is ranked below BBC Radio 2, Channel 4 and, Instagram. Further, BBC Scotland now lads considerably behind BBC 1, ITV and, SKY.

BBC Scotland's own former Lawyer, Alistair Bonnington has lodged a complaint with Ofcom reference his former employer and he claims the reason for such a drop in viewing and listening figures is because the station has become slavishly biased towards the SNP. Another former employee, Editor Tim Luckhurst stated, "it is becoming harder to justify the deployment of License Fee payers' money to finance BBC Scotland's dedicated Scottish news output". I suspect this is a go at PQ's flagship show, 'the Nine' which has already recorded viewing figures lower than 10,000?

The nationalists complain and say the Beeb has a unionist bias too. Which seems a little like the argument about refereeing decisions to me.  You’ll hear folk argue that if both sides are complaining about a ref’s decision then they’re being fair, whereas I see it that the referee is just shite.  

If the referee gets a call right, most fair minded folk will begrudgingly accept the decision. 

Listening to Sportsound for 15 minutes and the first mistake about Rangers.

However, the new more generous coverage on Rangers meant it was positive.

Apparently we beat Spurs 2-1 😄

I think it was Jane Lewis, who to be fair to her, is just plain incompetent.

10 minutes later......it was correction time.