Pacific Quay Musings?

The idea is to applaud your own fans; a 'thanks for your support' type thing. I like the idea, but it's not part of the culture so it won't catch on any time soon.

Klopp was criticised because Liverpool had drawn, but applauded the fans "as if they'd won". It's a nice touch, and it works really well in Germany; it really creates a bond between players and fans -- especially those players that are not brought up in the culture of the club. 

14 hours ago, colinstein said:

no, the guy on the wireless said in the Polish games the teams applauded the opposition fans as well

I think that's a great idea

Really!? I've not hear that. I've only seen the German one.

Yesterday, the consensus at PQ was that Neil Lennon should be Scotland's next national manager. 

Cosgrove, English, Gordon, and McLaughlin; all raised the point on several occasions, each reinforcing the point. It was suggested, Regan could recover some popularity by making such a move. Now, Neil gave an interview midweek encouraging the idea, although he added that Hibs would have to agree to it before progress could be made. No doubt, Chris will be tasked to progress Neil's ambition by interviewing Rod Petrie and Leeann Dempster.

I seem to remember Neil's well publicised battle with depression, his constant struggle to beat his addictive nature being aided by day-to-day involvement in football. I cannot see six games a year helping his fight with the Black Dog? Further, and I am surprised at such sensitive, right-on, trendy chaps like Cosgrove, English, ..... etc dismissing Neil's two well highlighted incidents bullying and threatening the women in his life. Once at ra Sellik, and the other at Bolton. Promising by text message to make one pregnant girlfriend, "feel pain", and plainly stating to another, "I will kill you"; is not the type of role model wanted for young impressionable Scots?

Different strokes for different folks, particularly at Pacific Quay. 

After the furore about Phil Neville's past indiscretions, I can't wait to see what the feminist fascists make of Neil Lennon's appointment as Scotland manager, which now seems to me to be as inevitable as it is predictable.

34 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Yesterday, the consensus at PQ was that Neil Lennon should be Scotland's next national manager. 

Cosgrove, English, Gordon, and McLaughlin; all raised the point on several occasions, each reinforcing the point. It was suggested, Regan could recover some popularity by making such a move. Now, Neil gave an interview midweek encouraging the idea, although he added that Hibs would have to agree to it before progress could be made. No doubt, Chris will be tasked to progress Neil's ambition by interviewing Rod Petrie and Leeann Dempster.

I seem to remember Neil's well publicised battle with depression, his constant struggle to beat his addictive nature being aided by day-to-day involvement in football. I cannot see six games a year helping his fight with the Black Dog? Further, and I am surprised at such sensitive, right-on, trendy chaps like Cosgrove, English, ..... etc dismissing Neil's two well highlighted incidents bullying and threatening the women in his life. Once at ra Sellik, and the other at Bolton. Promising by text message to make one pregnant girlfriend, "feel pain", and plainly stating to another, "I will kill you"; is not the type of role model wanted for young impressionable Scots?

Different strokes for different folks, particularly at Pacific Quay. 

They are all Neil Lennon.