Pacific Quay Musings?

I heard BBC Radio Scotland's full commentary today and was perplexed by some of Rob McLean, Derek Ferguson, and Billy Dodds contributions. We expect nonsense from McLean, and  Derek's boy was in the Acas midfield. However, Billy Dodds  is trying too hard to please his paymasters. Three points I had to check out on the highlights :

1. Windass scores his first goal but Billy doesn't want to credit him, it's an own goal from the Acas keeper.

2. The other two are undecided on the merits of Acas penalty; not Billy, it's a penalty and Martin deserves a caution because, "he makes a habit of leaving his arm in the air". 

3. Only one of Rangers goals is deserving, as the other four were direct from Acas errors.

Billy, I know you utilised your Sunday broadsheet column to inform the readership, "I no longer consider myself to be a Rangers supporter". I know you are a recipient of an EBT and at PQ, that makes you a moral leper. They are NOT going to love or respect you, climbing into Spiers clothes to be the latest useful idiot demeans both yourself and what's left of the listenership.

You know, if they didn't have to end the show, to give some other overpaid talentless bastards with brass necks a crack at the airwaves, by about now they would have convinced themselves that Acas had actually won the match. 

Was there much talk about the other game this afternoon, the one where fhilthfootballclub dropped two points at home to St Johnstone? Surely Cosgrove was on the mic, or on the 'phone, to gloat and to sing the Saints' praises, like the diehard fan he is?

Edited by Uilleam

42 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

You know, if they didn't have to end the show, to give some other overpaid talentless bastards with brass necks a crack at the airwaves, by about now they would have convinced themselves that Acas had actually won the match. 

Was there much talk about the other game this afternoon, the one where fhilthfootballclub dropped two points at home to St Johnstone? Surely Cosgrove was on the mic, or on the 'phone, to gloat and to sing the Saints' praises, like the diehard fan he is?

Yesterday, Cosgrove stated that many of the tartan army were angered at McLeish's appointment as national coach because he is a recipient of an EBT. Then he lionised Jum Spence and quoted Jum's Courier column, "McLeish's appointment could lead to supporter apathy". Finally, Big Stu' demanded McLeish relocate to Scotland, revealing his current Fulham home was unacceptable. Further, if he decides to stay in his west London abode, he should not be paid for travelling to his work. The tune they played out on was the Beatles, 'with a little help from my friends'.

Big Stu' knows the value of balance, thus added lamely, "I want to see Eck do well and we should get behind him".

23 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Reference Billy Dodds performance today, I have remembered another claim he made whilst talking to Richard Gordon, "all these offers of millions of pounds for Morelos, I have my doubts. If you need the money, then you would cash in, surely"?

Billy Dodds, the Lord Haw-Haw of contemporary Scottish Fitba'.....

Well, William, it's true, so suck it up, and wrap your green tabard tightly around yourself, because it's getting cold, and it will soon be very, very cold indeed, for you, and like back stabbing, two faced, jump the dyke opportunists. 

You should have played the longer game, son.  When the natural order is restored, your fancy green freen's will drop you like a blighted potato. Sad.

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I heard BBC Radio Scotland's full commentary today and was perplexed by some of Rob McLean, Derek Ferguson, and Billy Dodds contributions. We expect nonsense from McLean, and  Derek's boy was in the Acas midfield. However, Billy Dodds  is trying too hard to please his paymasters. Three points I had to check out on the highlights :

1. Windass scores his first goal but Billy doesn't want to credit him, it's an own goal from the Acas keeper.

2. The other two are undecided on the merits of Acas penalty; not Billy, it's a penalty and Martin deserves a caution because, "he makes a habit of leaving his arm in the air". 

3. Only one of Rangers goals is deserving, as the other four were direct from Acas errors.

Billy, I know you utilised your Sunday broadsheet column to inform the readership, "I no longer consider myself to be a Rangers supporter". I know you are a recipient of an EBT and at PQ, that makes you a moral leper. They are NOT going to love or respect you, climbing into Spiers clothes to be the latest useful idiot demeans both yourself and what's left of the listenership.

To be fair Murty also said Windass should not get the first goal.