Jump to content

 

 

Pacific Quay Musings?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

That’s a bit pedantic. In Britain unless you don’t watch live tv all year or watch anything made by the BBC it’s a basically a tax you have to pay. 

Slightly pedantic, yes.

 

It is, however, something you choose to pay.

 

Nothing will change until you choose not to pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:37, Bill said:

If you watch or listen to the BBC you deserve the aggravation.

When I posted a quote from the match report this was your response.  It's just tiring to keep getting responses like this when we post something on this thread. 

 

To respond to your snide comment on "trying to earn ingratiating points", I wasn't inferring that you were critising 26th specifically so I wasn't defending him specifically. I just repeated the reason for our comments on this thread and stated that he (in particular) does a good job.

 

We know your view, put-downs like the comment above aren't necessary when we've already had that conversation.

Edited by DMAA
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nothing will change until you choose not to pay.

Most of us are law abiding and, if nothing else, at least want to watch Rangers live on tv so this isn't an option available to us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DMAA said:

When I posted a quote from the match report this was your response.  It's just tiring to keep getting responses like this when we post something on this thread. 

 

You're referring to my post #1439 which (if you look more carefully) wasn't a response to anyone, even to you. It was that seemingly confusing thing ... posting a personal opinion without engaging in a conversation with anyone, even you. Y'know, an original thought.

 

It can be a problem when you think everything is about you. You can even start to think people are being snide. Best try to fight it. 😘

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Slightly pedantic, yes.

 

It is, however, something you choose to pay.

 

Nothing will change until you choose not to pay.

I doubt if being deprived of my £150.50 will in itself bring the BBC to heel but at least I don't feel like a victim of fraud any more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bill said:

You're referring to my post #1439 which (if you look more carefully) wasn't a response to anyone, even to you. It was that seemingly confusing thing ... posting a personal opinion without engaging in a conversation with anyone, even you. Y'know, an original thought.

 

It can be a problem when you think everything is about you. You can even start to think people are being snide. Best try to fight it. 😘

 

 

 

Just going to roll my eyes and move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread sums up why we won't get much done about it.  Instead of collectively fighting the unfair reporting, we're sniping at each other.

 

As an aside, Michael Stewart is a fud.

Edited by Gonzo79
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Anyone complained yet?

Loads of Bears have.  Ofcom and BBC generic responses are aplenty.

 

We need a more collective effort, otherwise nothing will change.

Edited by Gonzo79
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.