Pacific Quay Musings?

Confrontational exuberance or exuberant confrontation?

There should be a poll at PQ to decide upon acceptable description of the Rangers skipper having a kick and punch thrown at him by a demented Hibs fan last evening. Just saying, given PQ is Editorially Fair?

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Confrontational exuberance or exuberant confrontation?

There should be a poll at PQ to decide upon acceptable description of the Rangers skipper having a kick and punch thrown at him by a demented Hibs fan last evening. Just saying, given PQ is Editorially Fair?

Every article on line, Sun, Record, BBC all using the word confronted instead of attacked/assaulted 

The BBC website is still talking about a confrontation and suggests the man was merely kicking the ball away.  When you then click on the video it shows Tav squaring up,to him and the fan being led away.  It doesn't show what's happened beforehand.  It's a scandal.  I can't believe how blatant their bias has become.  They must feel so secure that they will face no consequence for their actions.

The lad cleary punched Tav, albeit it was a weak effort.

The press in this country are a joke.  A nasty word in a song is seeming more distressing than someone smacking you - which is, of course, absolute bollocks.

My hazy rather drunk recollection is the guy was trying to kick through the ball and use that momentum to sneakily kick Tav at the same time and then try and square up to him. I saw it as an attack and it nearly started a rammy in the pub I was in between me and a Hibs fan. So these incidents don’t just affect the immediate environment but they can lead to knock on effects. It’s grossly irresponsible journalism to describe it as anything other than an attack. When the BBC described the Cup Final as exuberance and failed to nail the guy who hit Wallace with a golf Brolly they are complicit in setting an agenda of violent attacks on players being acceptable behaviour, which other fans then mimic. It’s clear that Rangers players are deemed acceptable targets by many fans and the standards applied in the media to incidents involving Neil Lennon, Steve Clarke and Scott Sinclair are different to those standards applied to what is now a lengthening list of Rangers players who have been attacked. Now some on the BBC have condemned it, others are ambiguous and the usual suspects say nothing or apply weak editorial standards. 

BBC today said they couldn’t talk about it as an attack as it was a police matter. That is bollox. They rightly condemned the Lennon incident by the Hearts thug as an attack whilst the police were investigating it. 

It always amazes me incidentally that stick insects think they would get the better of a professional athlete in such circumstances. 

If Tav has leathered him he would have got a red card (true it’s in the rules) and he’d probably be facing a charge. He did well to hold back. 

If she continues to be unaware of the growing resentment towards her 'perceived' bias, this will contribute towards her downfall.  We don't vote directly for the BBC, and therefore cannot easily use democracy to affect them, but we can with her and some of the corrupt members of her party. I've referred to this as weak leadership previously, but now it's just becoming reckless at best.