Pacific Quay Musings?

I think you must have broken some kind of record with that post, 26th.  Never before have I seen so many rats mentioned on a single forum post.

I need another shower after reading it.

I actually heard BBC Radio Scotland's fitba' programme last night. By Christ, it was clear that both Tom Sellick and The jacobite hate Alexander McLeish; with a passion; with a poison. 

Our Cameronian Correspondent, whom God preserve, of Douglas, is correct: receipt of an EBT was declared to be unacceptable to the "Tartan Army". However, a tax avoider, user of spurious arrangements such as investing in non existent fims, and merely hypothetical  technology companies, was suggested as a candidate for McLeish's chair, and with approbation; their lodestone directed Lurgan. I don't know if this had been run past the Intelligence Analysis Corps of the "Tartan Army"; I suspect not. Would it matter in the slightest? I suspect not one whit. 

Edited by Uilleam

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I don't know if this had been run past the Intelligence Analysis Corps of the "Tartan Army";

There’s no one in it.

Two managers at Rugby Park yesterday (Kilmarnock v Aberdeen).

Both have recently publicly commented on sectarian chants aimed in their personal direction 

If you measured BBC Scotland column inches, broadcast minutes or even descriptive language used by media/pundits.....

Would it be editorially fair ?

Shoe-in prediction for coverage of our game

Michael Stewart will say we weren't that good or that it was difficult to gauge level given how bad Hearts were and will proceed to spend his time laying into Craig Levein, saying he needs to go unless they win the Cup. 

#Bitter

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Michael Stewart will say we weren't that good

More than likely to highlight alleged stamp by Defoe as he does not have Morelos to comment on.

Probably nothing will be said about McLean's fist pump.

I’m sorry but I had to highlight this. I looked at the BBC match report from Brian Mclaughlin to laugh at their greeting however........

“Perhaps that was down to arguably the best two goalkeepers in the league in Ofir Marciano and Scott Bain”

What the actual f&£k??? Never mind editorially fair, totally delusional more like!

Self Interest is Best.

The glue that binds the denizens of the PQ Gang Hut, is hatred of Rangers and Rangers supporters. The more clever ones know that such hatred must be conducted in a more careful manner. Such conclusions are necessary to allow Auntie Beeb's laughable claims reference being 'Editorial Fair'? Indiscipline arrives because of emotion and nothing gets Michael Stewart more emotional than Rangers being the talk o' ra toon after battering the boys in maroon. 

It seems to me that to sustain claims of Editorial Fairness, every time Michael and indeed, fellow Jambo, Allan Preston open their mouths; viewers/listeners should be reminded both make monthly contributions to the Foundation of Hearts. I think the Foundation of Hearts is a wonderful organisation, it is a means for Jambos to voluntarily support their club in a meaningful way. I believe in the four years it has been going, it has contributed something approaching £2 million to the cause.

Saturday afternoon was the opportunity to exercise Editorial Fairness. The BBC Radio Scotland commentary team at Tynecastle was Rob McLean and Michael. Sitting extremely comfortably with an oft' presented preferred prejudice, Michael blamed Hearts woes on Craig Levein, "it's too easy for Rangers". Just after half-time, he lost his discipline at Rangers third goal. Harbouring a well nurtured sense of injustice, he screamed, "that's outrageous, it's just a ball to the back post, what's more outrageous is Rangers benefiting from a corner where Arfield was two yards offside". At this point, PQ's claims of being Editorial Fair would benefit from a disclaimer, 'Michael hates Rangers'.

The next day on Sportscene, we saw Arfield was half a yard on side and the resulting corner was wholly legitimate. Michael said nothing, too busy blaming Levein in more detail. Of course, maybe that's what PQ and Editorial Fairness means in reality; give us a day to sort out the emotions and we will ensure Michael's embarrassment is assuaged. Or, twenty-four hours is all we need to sail the good ship,'PQ Gang Hut' into the calmer waters of careful hate.

Interestingly, Michael let the cat out of the self interest bag during Sportscene when discussing the Killie/Aberdeen game. Examining Findlay's red card, Michael opined, "our Kilmarnock supporting graphics man has blown this up and slowed it down, done everything to make it look like Findlay got a touch on the ball". There you go, if we can secret a Rangers supporting graphics man into the Gang Hut, life would be more Editorially Fair.

I believe Stewart hates Levein almost as much as he hates Rangers, I understand the feeling is mutual. 

The graphics man did his job well as Findlay got his red card rescinded. What do you want to bet Clarke is less angry if his side lose this weekend?