Pacific Quay Musings?

Viva Espanyol.

The last time Rangers played Barcelona in the Champions League, I attended with the other estimated 25,000 Rangers supporters. My hotel was just west of the Placa de Catalunya, the northern side of the square had the biggest el Corte Ingles department store. It dominated the entire side of the square, a several floor department store. Given there was a Barca FC club store situated on the west side of the placa, I was surprised to find el Corte Ingles had an entire floor given over to FC Barcelona. I asked at information where I could purchase FC Espanyol merchandise? I was directed to the second basement floor, to the Haberdashery Department. There were two carousels selling key rings, lighters, and pens in Espanyol colours.

The Catalans had decided to ignore a football club that regularly attracted in excess of 40,000 supporters. 

Today's BBC Ceefax has twelve pages on this evening's matches involving British clubs in European action. Two and three page coverage of Crusaders against Wolves, Aberdeen versus Chikhura, Linfield's tie with Torshavn, and Nomads second leg with Partizan Belgrade. There is no preview of Progres against Rangers.

Just another example of the BBC taking our dosh and providing little or no service in return. We are confined to the key ring carousel.

After NOT providing a match preview, BBC's calamity continues; their website has the result of our game : 0-0.

Below the score, it has the breakdown of ; Half-time 0-0, and aggregate 0-2.

Then, it tells us : Extra time being played.

Just another honest PQ mistake? 

Maybe Michael Stewart has ordered extra time?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

After NOT providing a match preview, BBC's calamity continues; their website has the result of our game : 0-0.

Below the score, it has the breakdown of ; Half-time 0-0, and aggregate 0-2.

Then, it tells us : Extra time being played.

Just another honest PQ mistake? 

Maybe Michael Stewart has ordered extra time?