Pacific Quay Musings?

9 hours ago, Bill said:

I'd like to see us target one Sportscene person, such as Michael Stewart, and make every effort to draw attention to their  lack of professionalism, their outright bias against Rangers. Banners, songs, phone-ins, letters, posters, social media gifs, twitter memes, etc etc - full on non-stop attack and character assassination, total ridicule. Then we might see how these bastards like a taste of their own medicine. They attack Rangers with absolute impunity and that needs to stop. There has to be a price to pay.

13 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

"it has to be said".

Above is the phrase Jonathon Sutherland uses on Sportscene as a preamble to accusations against Rangers supporters. Yesterday's match at Kilmarnock has been BBC Scotland's main news item today, even surpassing claims by a Trade Unionist that the new Edinburgh Sick Kids hospital might be partly torn down, before opening. I have no doubt the BBC Scotland newsroom will blame Rangers supporters for problems in the £150 million hospital's ventilation and drainage as soon as a Sub-Editor can write, 'shoddy H-u-n workers attempt to asphyxiate and drown sick kids'? The lunch time bulletin reported Police Scotland have made four arrests.

The Justice System has set it's wheels in motion and that's how it should be. I hope the wheelchair bound supporters inside the destroyed shelter have given the necessary statements. Sub Judice prevents me from saying more at this time.

Last week, in all pre-season discussions the PQ Gang Hut to a man chorused, 'all the pressure is on Rangers'. Trial by Sportscene served up a spoonful or two of pressure, then the newsroom sent a camera crew and interviewer to the wilds of Ayrshire to deliver pressure and two veg'. The turnip for the books was Killie's Chief Executive, Phyllis McLeish. A clearly anxious Phyllis was dry swallowing as she looked down the camera, it appeared Auntie Beeb was running interference on her Prosecco time? However, Phyllis delivered, she blamed Rangers players for crowd disruption, "they were all running towards the Rangers support", after notching a ninetieth minute winner. Further, none of this was Killie's fault, "Kilmarnock FC cannot be blamed". BBC Scotland did not inform the viewers whether they had approached Rangers?

Well, I don't know. Are Rangers players allowed to celebrate last minute winners? We know that Rangers players are not allowed to celebrate mid second half winners, Andy Halliday was red carded for pumping his fist in the middle of the Cappielow centre circle. You see, if Rangers players are allowed to celebrate last minute clinchers, then the BBC manufactured pressure cooker must be removed from the hob. At the end of May, Killie defeated Rangers with a 93rd minute penalty. Brophy slotted it home and wheeled away to the corner of the Main and Moffat Stands, where the Killie fans were wildly celebrating. February this year, Scott Brown scored a 90th minute winner at Rugby Park in front of ra Sellik supporters in the Chadwick. He jumped the hordings and embraced several of the dozens of pitch invading Bhoys. Trial by Sportscene cleared these actions, emotional game, adrenaline fueled, ..... etc.

It has to be said - Killie defeated Rangers in the first game after the winter break. The Chief Executive, Phyllis McLeish celebrated inappropriately. The wife of Alan, owner of Killie's main sponsor, the QTS group; was stopped by the police and breathalysed. She was twice the legal limit. The pressure is on BBC Scotland to explain their grim determination to elevate a sports item to top of their news agenda. Particularly, when similar last minute winners that have inspired pitch invasions have not made it on to general news, let alone top item. It has to be said.

Interestingly, I believe she and Alan (a big bear) are divorcing and that her anti-social indiscretion cost her the chairmanship at Killie.  I can't see QTS being around much longer as sponsor, do you?

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Interestingly, I believe she and Alan (a big bear) are divorcing and that her anti-social indiscretion cost her the chairmanship at Killie.  I can't see QTS being around much longer as sponsor, do you?

sub-buzz-20126-1524474875-2.jpg

Edited by compo

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Frankie,

I am aware of the situation. I believe Chris McLaughlin was aware of the situation too, before heading down to Kilmarnock to record a clearly spiteful interview.

We know PQ will pick up any stick to beat Rangers and Rangers supporters, to exploit a domestic situation to get a firm grip on that stick ............................. ?

As a Director of Killie, Phyllis McLeish deliberately waved bye bye to revenues of just under £300,000 by denying the Moffat Stand to Rangers supporters.  They were applauded and encouraged to repackage, 'Sell Out Saturday' by PQ. Again, it has failed. I hope Rangers refuse to take extra tickets when Killie come back(and they will) after they look at their bottom line. They can pass the bucket at PQ to help Killie. We know by that time, PQ will have moved on to the next stick.

"it has to be said".

Jonathon Sutherland began the match discussion of ra Sellik against St Johnstone by stating, "we were all there yesterday, there was such a joyous atmosphere among the Celtic fans". Sportscene decided NOT to show the Green Brigade's banner unfurled at the same time as the League Championship flag was being unfurled by the widows of Billy McNeill and Stevie Chalmers. The GB banner read, 'to keep celtic down, you will have to deport the whole f-e-nian army that gives them support'. We do not know the Editor that made such a decision because Sportscene is the only show on TV that does NOT run credits. It has to be said.

As Sutherland laid further accusations against Rangers supporters for sectarian chanting, he did not differentiate between the Billy Boys and the Killie Boys. We know both sets of supporters were celebrating wading up to their knees through blood. You could choose between fe-nian and Ayr United blood? Wait a minute, the word fe-nian is utilised by the Green Brigade, although the unknown Editor of Sportscene has chosen not to highlight that. Rangers supporters are not allowed to sound their opposition to the fe-nian army, so it's about ownership of that particular word? The Sportscene Editor must provide clarity on this matter, particularly if the useful idiot, Sutherland is up for throwing around accusations.

It has to be said, who is the Sportscene Researcher? PQ knows the most telling accusation against themselves is their intentional lack of balance. They have decided to cover themselves by introducing VoxPops. They are giving every SPFL Premiership teams' fans a say after matches. Sportscene's Researcher delivered, 'CJnovo992'? Who is he, does anyone know him, is he aware of the ongoing five year situation between BBC Scotland and Rangers/Rangers supporters? I hope CJnovo992 checks the reaction of both Thommo and Mikey after his spiel, they are pissing themselves. Like Sutherland, CJnovo992 is another useful idiot.

This coming Sunday, PQ will send their VoxPop team along the Govan Road, asking to speak to Rangers supporters crossing either of the footbridges. It's essential to maintain their veneer of balance. I would ask fellow Bears to remain polite and courteous, point out you pay a BBC license fee but do not receive the same service provided to all other Scottish football fans. Offer no other comment. It has to be said. 

CJ is one of our more popular YouTubers and, I believe, has now resigned from being the Rangers correspondent.

I'd imagine they'll have to use a producer this week as I don't know anyone else who'd do the job.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

CJ is one of our more popular YouTubers and, I believe, has now resigned from being the Rangers correspondent.

I'd imagine they'll have to use a producer this week as I don't know anyone else who'd do the job.

He also said on twitter that the project that was sold to him was a genuinely different production where each team would be given the right of reply from a fan's perspective.   What actually happened though, was the same old BBC stitch up... In fairness to the lad, he admitted he made a mistake and that is why he immediately got in touch to withdraw from future shows.

36 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Well done him.

I suspect DrStu's degree and Phd in Drama and English will have to be employed again?

What PQ Producer will be het?

18 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

"it has to be said".

Above is the phrase Jonathon Sutherland uses on Sportscene as a preamble to accusations against Rangers supporters. Yesterday's match at Kilmarnock has been BBC Scotland's main news item today, even surpassing claims by a Trade Unionist that the new Edinburgh Sick Kids hospital might be partly torn down, before opening. I have no doubt the BBC Scotland newsroom will blame Rangers supporters for problems in the £150 million hospital's ventilation and drainage as soon as a Sub-Editor can write, 'shoddy H-u-n workers attempt to asphyxiate and drown sick kids'? The lunch time bulletin reported Police Scotland have made four arrests.

The Justice System has set it's wheels in motion and that's how it should be. I hope the wheelchair bound supporters inside the destroyed shelter have given the necessary statements. Sub Judice prevents me from saying more at this time.

Last week, in all pre-season discussions the PQ Gang Hut to a man chorused, 'all the pressure is on Rangers'. Trial by Sportscene served up a spoonful or two of pressure, then the newsroom sent a camera crew and interviewer to the wilds of Ayrshire to deliver pressure and two veg'. The turnip for the books was Killie's Chief Executive, Phyllis McLeish. A clearly anxious Phyllis was dry swallowing as she looked down the camera, it appeared Auntie Beeb was running interference on her Prosecco time? However, Phyllis delivered, she blamed Rangers players for crowd disruption, "they were all running towards the Rangers support", after notching a ninetieth minute winner. Further, none of this was Killie's fault, "Kilmarnock FC cannot be blamed". BBC Scotland did not inform the viewers whether they had approached Rangers?

Well, I don't know. Are Rangers players allowed to celebrate last minute winners? We know that Rangers players are not allowed to celebrate mid second half winners, Andy Halliday was red carded for pumping his fist in the middle of the Cappielow centre circle. You see, if Rangers players are allowed to celebrate last minute clinchers, then the BBC manufactured pressure cooker must be removed from the hob. At the end of May, Killie defeated Rangers with a 93rd minute penalty. Brophy slotted it home and wheeled away to the corner of the Main and Moffat Stands, where the Killie fans were wildly celebrating. February this year, Scott Brown scored a 90th minute winner at Rugby Park in front of ra Sellik supporters in the Chadwick. He jumped the hordings and embraced several of the dozens of pitch invading Bhoys. Trial by Sportscene cleared these actions, emotional game, adrenaline fueled, ..... etc.

It has to be said - Killie defeated Rangers in the first game after the winter break. The Chief Executive, Phyllis McLeish celebrated inappropriately. The wife of Alan, owner of Killie's main sponsor, the QTS group; was stopped by the police and breathalysed. She was twice the legal limit. The pressure is on BBC Scotland to explain their grim determination to elevate a sports item to top of their news agenda. Particularly, when similar last minute winners that have inspired pitch invasions have not made it on to general news, let alone top item. It has to be said.

It's frightening how much control they have over the post match narrative. I'm the first to condemn pitch invasions, I hate them. But everybody knows they were the norm in such circumstances last season, everyone was doing it. I was shocked at the lack of action on the issue to be honest.

But why does it only become a big story now? Scott Brown and Celtic's players did the exact same thing at the exact same ground and there was no dilemma over whether to speak about non-football matters or footballing matters first. The damage to the disabled fans roof is a helpful excuse for them but it doesn't account for such a major negative side story.

Edited by DMAA