Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I never intrude into private grief and I never listen to bbc Scotland. But on this occasion I have done both. Well worth the listen. You can almost hear the strains of the Funeral March in the background.

If bbc in London need commentary for the next State Funeral Messrs Gordon, English and Bonnar are the go-to guys. Near greetin’.

I’m trying not to piss myself laughing right now? 

The Tom Tom Club.

I was trawling through BBC Scotland's output from last evening and kept returning to an attempted rallying cry from the Limerick Buttermilk, Tom English :

"We've been love-bombing Celtic for all of their goal threat and football. Now, they need to play with a lot of mental strength. We know they're good footballers, but are they good enough to operate under this kind of pressure. We will find out in the next forty-five minutes".

It was issued at half-time, the score at that point was 0-1. 

There is considerable emotional investment in the above call, I hope Tom tells us if it had the desired effect? 

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Did English actually write that!?  Deary me.  

This is PQ's chief sports correspondent.   

Dearest Tom was a shimmering mess last evening, his emotions over ran.

His first final report on the Beeb read, "Celtic are out of the Champions League on away goals".

Yep, it's Primary 1 question; we have a 1-1 game, aggregated to a 3-4 result?

Tom was a privately educated schoolbhoy.

22 hours ago, ian1964 said:

They should never, ever, be welcome back to Ibrox! I don't get why Rangers FC should ever feel the need to? we don't need them!.

As they are at the moment, i agree. But if the set-up can be changed (or forced to change), then its too useful a tool to ignore or overlook.

Sooner or later, the time is approaching when these people will look down and be shocked to see Rangers are no longer in their usual place below them. Then they'll have that moment of horror and look upwards for the first time in years to see us smiling down at them. And the pendulum will have swung, as it always does.

Edited by Bill