Pacific Quay Musings?

I note Club 1872 are tweeting they have been informed that their complaint reference BBC Scotland's Tom English comments on Rangers supporters being crushed outside Rugby Park on the first day of the season, has been upheld by the BBC Executive Complaints Unit.

Tom's tweet was, 'Trapped outside Rugby Park... Trapped outside?? this execrable stuff'.

I seem to remember Michael Stewart supported Tom's Tweet?

Rangers fans being trapped and fainting against Rugby Park walls beside turnstyles, ran against both Tom and Michael's implied narrative, that too many Rangers supporters were in the away end as a result of forged tickets.

Tom is currently in Japan watching rugby.

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I note Club 1872 are tweeting they have been informed that their complaint reference BBC Scotland's Tom English comments on Rangers supporters being crushed outside Rugby Park on the first day of the season, has been upheld by the BBC Executive Complaints Unit.

Tom's tweet was, 'Trapped outside Rugby Park... Trapped outside?? this execrable stuff'.

I seem to remember Michael Stewart supported Tom's Tweet?

Rangers fans being trapped and fainting against Rugby Park walls beside turnstyles, ran against both Tom and Michael's implied narrative, that too many Rangers supporters were in the away end as a result of forged tickets.

Tom is currently in Japan watching rugby.

I posted the tweet before you posted so it is on the previous page 

I'd complained questioning the tone of their recent coverage on the rehash of the Neely story. Questioned inconsistencies and their innuendo and level of suggestion against third parties that had been missing in any other article on the subject.

Here's their formulated response to the issue.

I saw a link on twitter last night talking about some sort of argument between the "heavyweights" of English and Stewart... After I had stopped snorting with laughter I quickly moved on.  No need to click on the link as it would clearly have been a lot of manufactured outrage and ego.

The 'BUT' of the Gang Hut.

I noted last Saturday the narrative in the PQ Gang Hut was changing. Rangers sat top of the table, thus a general admittance that Gerrard had improved Rangers was necessary. However a caveat was a requirement too. Wullie Miller launched into a rehearsed spiel on Gerrard's Rangers which goes like this : Gerrard has done well, the Board are backing him BUT - we all know why he is here, to stop Sellik winning nine/ten in a row. Anything less is failure. Further on Europe, spending several millions on one player, he should be qualifying from Europa League group stages, anything less is failure.

Wullie sets a high bar, Big Dick is eager to agree; the words Rangers and failure should be included in every sentence. Michael Stewart is anxious to reinforce such sentiment and does so by proxy, "who was I talking to during the week? Aye, it was Mark Wilson, remember the Celtic player? He pointed out that Rangers have mostly played home games, and have not faced any of the top teams away from home". Yep, the Masonic Computer at the SPFL has come to our aid again, scheduling easy fixtures.

Both Billy Dodds and Neil McCann didn't go along with the above, BUT they both have EBTs and probably do not bump into Mark Wilson. Allan Preston was concerned for Scottish football, he felt Hearts must take something from the Tynecastle game, Rangers thrashing teams is to the detriment of the game.

It was party streamers and balloons in the Gang Hut after Sunday's 1-1 draw at Tynecastle, Rangers were second after having failed to secure victory. Mark Wilson is the new Guru, he is not a false prophet. 

Now, Porto are a Champions League side in terms of investment, their Chairman's reaction to being knocked out of the CL qualifiers, was to promise the winning of the Europa Cup. I suspect most folks recognise the Stadio do Dragao as a tough venue to visit? Rangers secured a most credible 1-1 draw. Meanwhile, ra Sellik playing in the same Europa League were actually playing in the Champions League. This was the same as last season, the Gang Hut fail fail to recognise the reality.

All hail Mark Wilson.