Pacific Quay Musings?

Come on BoJo, make the BBC self-funding. Give them five years to prepare, then bring the licence fee to an end and let the bastards find an audience that will pay for their bullshit.

Brian talks to Mr Mediocre.

It's been a long week, Brian McLauchlin has hung in there, doing the Beau Geste thing. Three interviews with various representatives of, "the Scottish Champions". We saw Aberdeen players milling around Glasgow Airport and an Emirates plane taking off. On Thursday, Steven Gerrard received the Manager of the Month for December award, no footage of the presentation, no mention on Radio or TV. Beau Geste slung the Toerags a rubber.

Brian is on the BBC Scotland website and it received radio coverage throughout the day, talking to Mr Mediocre about the need for Scottish football to be saved. Derek is firm, "Scottish football does not need to be saved". I am confused at this point, I am wondering if an evangelical crusade is wandering across the dessert? BBC Scotland did NOT cover the Rangers warm weather training camp(a mile done the road in Dubai), on receiving his Manager of the Month award, Gerrard answered a question on Scottish teams participating in English competitions. He thought it was a good idea and could possibly save Scottish football in providing necessary variety.

"Our product is good" bellows Derek. He reinforces it with, "Rangers and Celtic are doing well in Europe". Another continuity problem for PQ there; of Rangers 28 Euro' games over the last two seasons, BBC Scotland have refused to cover 14 of them, because they were played at Ibrox. It's just another PQ Gang Hut production, masters of the intermittent broadcast. I hope it's not because Michael Stewart does not like the way Rangers do things as a club?

Next season, may I suggest spends a week talking to Chris McLaughlin, it will be the same effect and cost a helluva lot less.

I noticed there Clancy allowing the thug Porteous to walk off the pitch from his own penalty are to the half way line!!, he made Davis go off behind the goals!.

OOPS! wrong thread.

Edited by ian1964

On 19/01/2020 at 15:59, Gonzo79 said:

Cosgrove on telling us about Irish clubs featuring in the Scottish Cup just now.

?

DrStu' has spent a while traveling this road, his username on the RTC Blog was his maternal grandmother, 'Sarah Leyden'; he will take any opportunity to boast of her Donegal birth. In his piece on Irish clubs in Scottish football, he states he would be supporting Erin Rovers over his beloved St Johnstone in the clubs' first final because Erin Rovers player, 'Cosgrove' had struck a strong shot towards goal. He tells us that Cosgrove is a Galway name. DrStu' is striving for purity, it's important in his preferred rebel nationalistic projection of himself. The Warren Cummings accent test is so last year.

The other thing, and this takes us closer to the real truth; the Producer of Sportscene is Eamonn Donohue, and DrStu' likes to be seen toadying up to those in authority. There is a growing colony of Irish folk at PQ, and they can keep DrStu' in work, supporting his extensive lifestyle in his 68th year. 

In the last couple of years, he has seamlessly switched horses mid stream to maintain his standard of life. He welcomed the then new female BBC Scotland Director General, Donalda MacKinnon to PQ by stating on the media review, "I've met her on a couple of occasions, I like her, I like her a lot". Similarly, a guy who boasted of being on Alex Salmond advisory and advice teams, took the time on the media review to announce the current FM had not put a foot wrong in dealing with the current sexual accusations; however, "I don't want to be seen as a Bute House sook".

DrStu' has a considerable property portfolio to support.

Yesterday, during the weekly Media Review, DrStu' launched into a pre-prepared speech about 'infallibility'.

The Media Review chose to spend the first 15 minutes talking about the Prince Harry/ Princess Meghan debacle. Personally, I thought we had all heard enough, and since DrStu' regularly tells us, "Ah cannae stand them" on any issue Royal, you would think the Coronavirus would take precedence? However, we know DrStu' enjoys the last word.

We were told infallibility was a roman catholic concept and the pope's infallibility was a major tenet of faith. DrStu' further informed the listenership that Royal watchers had long proclaimed the Queen is never wrong. The Queen is infallible? DrStu' wants us to wait and see, he suspects her decisions won't end well? 

I am nonplussed, I know DrStu' is RC, I know the Queen is head of the Anglican Church, and I know the Church of England split from the RC Church 500 years past because of .................... King Henry xiii's constant concerns on producing a legitimate heir. Why is DrStu' so intent on proclaiming the Queen to be infallible, when her families history for five centuries is denying infallibility? Seriously, it's very IllPhil, tell a BigLie because it suits your current thought process better. It's like his Daily Record column of a dozen years past, where he stated Rangers supporters had ransacked Barca cathedral in 1972. 

I am beginning to think that the only infallible character in the whole episode is DrStu'?